• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint Black Friday Weekend

Gordy

14 minutes ago, MrStacker said:

Can we say that this might be one example of FOMO effect not always being a positive outcome? 😂😂😂

It's fine to "miss out" on certain products...lol

Nah... he was being facetious 

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

32 minutes ago, MrStacker said:

I know but it was amusing to think of the "downside" of it all.

I'm glad I missed out because to be honest I don't really like bars.

Same. Don't like bars and wouldn't buy a second-hand one because I'm way less confident re authenticity. Might feel different with a Sigma but buying from the RM and having receipts made them a much easier purchase for me.

Still not received them. Didn't even get a reply to my email!

I spoke with the good ol' RM this morning (monday AM) because I was worried about delivery status and some products were listed as "in stock but temporarily unavailable". I had a bunch of stuff in me basket (big grin) but wanted to double check with an "associate". Short summary from the conversation: very busy and they are behind on getting deliveries out for christmas. To put it simply he said to me that if you ordered last week it's pot luck if you get it in time for christmas.

For those who ordered the bars in november I feel for you. I get the impression the demand outweighs their inventory or anticipated sales to the run up for christmas....or they are just unorganized and lazy f@ke@rs.

Now can you imagine what it would take to get quality control improved? WOWZERS

On 19/12/2023 at 00:40, MrStacker said:

I spoke with the good ol' RM this morning (monday AM) because I was worried about delivery status and some products were listed as "in stock but temporarily unavailable". I had a bunch of stuff in me basket (big grin) but wanted to double check with an "associate". Short summary from the conversation: very busy and they are behind on getting deliveries out for christmas. To put it simply he said to me that if you ordered last week it's pot luck if you get it in time for christmas.

For those who ordered the bars in november I feel for you. I get the impression the demand outweighs their inventory or anticipated sales to the run up for christmas....or they are just unorganized and lazy f@ke@rs.

Now can you imagine what it would take to get quality control improved? WOWZERS

The demand outweighed their expected sales cos we spied a fault in their sales listings 🤣

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

The Royal Mint finally got back to me and at least offered an apology and reason (out of stock) this time. They have part shipped my order. The Little Treasures bar won't be available until early in the new year.

Either they don't have a system that tracks stock properly, or they knowingly sell items that are out of stock without informing the customer. Perhaps both. Either way, it seems inexcusable, especially given that the bars were specifically advertised in the "Christmas Gifts" section which obviously implies you'll get them in time for Christmas. Three weeks passed and they didn't even bother to send a single update to let me know what was happening. The status page didn't change at all. Absolute shambles.

Good thing is, if the bottom completely falls out of gold for some strange reason. You'll get the chance to cancel it and get some money back. 🤣 I really dislike the way they hold on to your money without explanation though. A simple email with an apology that items are not in stock would be great. But that's never going to happen. 

I've waited since October for my proof definitive set and I just got confirmation 2 days ago that it was delivered to my old house (I've confirmed this is the Royal Mints fault) which I sold 6 months ago and updated my address details everywhere when I moved. By the time they get this sorted out it'll probably be 3 months they have had my money with nothing to show.

I was advised on the phone to write an email to escalate all the problems I've been having recently. For someone else to look at it and not do anything about it probably. Because of them I've had 2 new born gifts miss timescales, birthday present missed and now a Christmas present missed. All ordered 1, 2 and 3 months in advance. 

It's coins, bullion and bars we are ordering. 

Not placing orders for a new car or buying a new property. Actually from start to finish, my latest property took 6 weeks from offer to getting keys. 🤣

A shambles indeed. 

Guess I'm in the same boat as many.

I had two separate orders, placed a couple of hours apart. The first arrived in a few days.  The second still hasn't.

On the RM website, both orders are showing identical 'open' statuses.

12 Beginner Tips for Better Coin Photos

Everything you need to take great coin photos

Douglas Hubbard: Never attribute to malice or stupidity that which can be explained by moderately rational individuals following incentives in a complex system of interactions.

Carl Sagan: One of the great commandments of science is, "Mistrust arguments from authority."

14 hours ago, Charliemouse said:

Guess I'm in the same boat as many.

I had two separate orders, placed a couple of hours apart. The first arrived in a few days.  The second still hasn't.

On the RM website, both orders are showing identical 'open' statuses.

At least you got some! The lying incompetent twats at RM let me down. I have in writing from 3 different members of staff promises of 3 different dispatch dates, none of which were honoured. I made a complaint pointing out everything that went wrong with my orders and this is the super useful reply I received:

Screenshot2023-12-26223057.png.e8879c29f5c988e7f1815779de51dfdc.png

I requested an explanation for why some orders got fulfilled while others didn't, especially orders I can prove were placed after mine. I pointed out the items were in stock when ordered and the contract says 3-5 business days on delivery. I requested compensation too but I got no explanation for the favouritism and no offers of compensation. I can look forward to having two deliveries though both of which will be after Christmas, probably in January sometime, so, it's not like it was a complete loss 😂

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

On 15/12/2023 at 18:54, dmcac said:

Mines got stopped at customs in Portugal.... Waiting for them to release.. They work so slow what a joke

Hi I just recently moved to Portugal and ordered from tavex UK. Ordered gold 5 gram bar. Do they charge import duty? 

3 hours ago, markmadz said:

Hi I just recently moved to Portugal and ordered from tavex UK. Ordered gold 5 gram bar. Do they charge import duty? 

They shouldn’t, but it depends on what Tavex declared on the customs form.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone still waiting on their little treasures bars? 

I said I wasn't that bothered when they came, but I'm starting to get annoyed. Better get on the phone to them AGAIN. 🤦

Dispatch within 3-5 working days. 🤣 

Just now, CoinCupboard said:

Anyone still waiting on their little treasures bars? 

I said I wasn't that bothered when they came, but I'm starting to get annoyed. Better get on the phone to them AGAIN. 🤦

Dispatch within 3-5 working days. 🤣 

I heard they've diverted production to quarter sovereigns since last night 🤣

1 hour ago, CoinCupboard said:

Phoned again yesterday, apparently no production date for the stuff people are waiting on! Crazy! 

Unacceptable. Managed to get the last few henna ones they had in stock. 🤦 

And they're no longer below spot now! What a kicker.

9 hours ago, CoinCupboard said:

Phoned again yesterday, apparently no production date for the stuff people are waiting on! Crazy! 

Unacceptable. Managed to get the last few henna ones they had in stock. 🤦 

They're a joke. After being promised delivery on like the 3rd of December and twice more in 2023, they extended me to early Jan 24 and the latest is now the end of February .... if I'm lucky

I'd cancel and buy something else but I've dug my heels in now. The Royal Mint will be giving me those bloody 5g bars even if I have to wait until Christmas 2024

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

4 hours ago, HonestMoneyGoldSilver said:

They're a joke. After being promised delivery on like the 3rd of December and twice more in 2023, they extended me to early Jan 24 and the latest is now the end of February .... if I'm lucky

I'd cancel and buy something else but I've dug my heels in now. The Royal Mint will be giving me those bloody 5g bars even if I have to wait until Christmas 2024

By the time they make the Christmas 5g bars, getting them by the end of this year will make sense. 

On 25/01/2024 at 22:09, CoinCupboard said:

By the time they make the Christmas 5g bars, getting them by the end of this year will make sense. 

Yep, still waiting for one of my bars. I was promised "early 2024" by the head of their customer services department. I was told that before Christmas. There's been no update since. I'm guessing they would accept if I asked them to cancel it which is why they probably don't feel too much pressure to fulfil the order but I can't imagine many other businesses operating like this. At this point, I'm sort of intrigued to finally find out when it'll arrive with no further contact from me. Could very well be next Christmas like you said!