• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2024 Proof sovereign

refero

21 minutes ago, Clockpuncher said:

Hopefully we go back to normal portrait and G&D so I can give it a skip and rehabilitate the old bank balance after all the special releases in recent years!

Totally get this as I also need to re-stock the bank balance after the last couple of years but I'm in two minds...

The first 'normal' Sov for Charlie boy 🤔

Looking to complete a date run of Bu Sovs and still require; 2010, 2011, 2018 & 2019

38 minutes ago, Clockpuncher said:

Hopefully we go back to normal portrait and G&D so I can give it a skip and rehabilitate the old bank balance after all the special releases in recent years!

55 minutes ago, Agaupl said:

No birthday SoTD? Hoping they cut back on ‘24 mintage 

I thought they had talked about a birthday SOTD but no mention of it so far by the RM.

They had difficulty in selling this year's large number of proofs.  They must surely cut back for a 'non-special year'.... and reduce the price?

I am with most of you and sovereign overload. I bought them all, including SOTD coronation and I need a rest.  Don’t see the birthday one as anything special, especially with the coronation in the same year.  I may take a deep breath and pass on 2024 for now

12 minutes ago, Paul said:

The next sovereign will be the first to have combined privy marks of Ukraine, Israel flags and an added rainbow 🌈 🌈 🌈 so it is seen as inclusive, representative and diverse

It left me out! 🐈

2 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

The 2024 sovereign needs to go back to pre 2017 mintage figures,   17,500 full sovereigns is just way too high we need this under 10,000  ideally the 5 coin sets sub 600  495 would be better.   

I'm glad to be seeing 1 proof sovereign launch per year instead of 2 per year for the last 2 years. 

Whilst they're at it and they can remint the 2012 issue with an actual good design, hmm dunno, St George?

11 minutes ago, Paul said:

I'd wager, I'll be able to buy a pf70 in the secondary market for less than RRP six months after launch.

More folk do this. Snub the launches and daft RRPs 

Depends on mintages I guess.

Do wonder what the RM will be charging for the next one though.

9 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

The 2024 sovereign needs to go back to pre 2017 mintage figures,   17,500 full sovereigns is just way too high we need this under 10,000  ideally the 5 coin sets sub 600  495 would be better.   

I'm glad to be seeing 1 proof sovereign launch per year instead of 2 per year for the last 2 years. 

i m with you 100%.

below 10.000 full sovs priced around 500 gbp