• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2024 Proof sovereign

refero

Nice to see the sovereign launch, and seems to be a sensible we are back to the standard G&D there's not a variant design, privy mark or crown in sight

and the mintages back to limited numbers for the larger 4 and 5 set 

Have the RM been reading threads here ???

If this trend continues for 5-10 years to come, this will probably be good for those holding the platinum jubilees and currently unloved memorials  

Not buying anything myself today

If I'm to buying anything sovereign wise anytime soon it'll be PF70 platinum jubilees and memorials if the price is right 

5 hours ago, refero said:

i m strongly tempted not to finance a private company that is selling w/o any respect to their customers.

They are purposely keeping all first strikes and sending directly to slab to get all 70s and selling to random people all coins that will get a 69 instead. this is close to a fraud

are you referring to the royal mint ?

On 25/10/2023 at 12:02, Theodoros said:
According to a dealer the 2024 Proof Sovereign will be available on 02/11/2023 and the King's birthday Celebration Sovereign will be available on 06/11/2023 with the following limited editions:

5 Coin Sovereign Set: 450
3 Coin Sovereign Set: 650 
Sovereign: 7500
Half Sovereign: 1250
75th Birthday Celebration Sovereign: 750

Are the birthdays desirable? 
Still new to this really and having ridden the rollercoaster of recent releases am a bit unsure  as in anyone bothered by his 75th or is it just desirable due to the low mintage ? 

7 hours ago, refero said:

i m strongly tempted not to finance a private company that is selling w/o any respect to their customers.

They are purposely keeping all first strikes and sending directly to slab to get all 70s and selling to random people all coins that will get a 69 instead. this is close to a fraud

They are in it to make money! Just don’t buy from them🤔🤔

6 hours ago, Olivard said:

Chards web site says they are out of stock of half sovereigns so must be selling.

Selling or ‘drop-feeding’?

The latter is typically better for business as it creates the FOMO.

I’m of course just speaking hypothetically and that might not be what they’re actually doing.

They may actually be out of stock.

18 hours ago, Petra said:

They are in it to make money! Just don’t buy from them🤔🤔

I have nothing against a company that wants to make money/profit. That's a more than legit goal.

I'm not claiming anything special, id just like that my purchase would randomly fall into a "first release" (if they'd play fairly that would just be a matter of %). But if (and that's the case) I pay a full price and what i am buying is methodically chosen at the origin for not being a potential PF70, then i dont quite like it.

Out of the several sovs i bought from the RM, i never got a PF70. coincidence?  

One last thing. If i queue and i manage to purchase let's say a sov within the first minute of release, i'd expect to get one of the first minted... whats the point (as it happened in 2017, 2021, 2022) in buying at 9.00 or 9.01 am and then get a sov with a certificate with 4 digits?

Edited by refero

15 hours ago, Foster88 said:

Selling or ‘drop-feeding’?

The latter is typically better for business as it creates the FOMO.

I’m of course just speaking hypothetically and that might not be what they’re actually doing.

They may actually be out of stock.

Looks like you might be right or Chards have an extra allocation as it's back on sale.

6 minutes ago, apachebleu said:

There are a few who've been buying these on the way down, certainly 2800 was an outlier perhaps however I can say I have personnaly bought a pf70 quintuple at 3k and probably will again

I got two memorials £5 in pf70 for £3k each, I thought was a good deal

Happy to buy again in new year if I can get for sub £3k if I find someone needs quick cash selling at auction 

5 hours ago, refero said:

I have nothing against a company that wants to make money/profit. That's a more than legit goal.

I'm not claiming anything special, id just like that my purchase would randomly fall into a "first release" (if they'd play fairly that would just be a matter of %). But if (and that's the case) I pay a full price and what i am buying is methodically chosen at the origin for not being a potential PF70, then i dont quite like it.

Out of the several sovs i bought from the RM, i never got a PF70. coincidence?  

One last thing. If i queue and i manage to purchase let's say a sov within the first minute of release, i'd expect to get one of the first minted... whats the point (as it happened in 2017, 2021, 2022) in buying at 9.00 or 9.01 am and then get a sov with a certificate with 4 digits?

They’ve already been minted. By the time you have queued dealers already have them so you just get one of the shelf

5 hours ago, Paul said:

I got two memorials £5 in pf70 for £3k each, I thought was a good deal

Happy to buy again in new year if I can get for sub £3k if I find someone needs quick cash selling at auction 

Can't complain at 3 grand, im also keeping an eye out for coronations at that price....not that I'd be so crass as to drop a subtle message to potential sellers in this thread 😉 

On 02/11/2023 at 10:55, refero said:

At Coin Connection you can pre order a grade 70, at extra cost of course. But has helped me in the past.