• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2024 Proof sovereign

refero

13 minutes ago, SeverinDigsSovereigns said:

You're not related to Sir Humphrey Appleby are you?

No but I was briefly in a band that wrote a song called apple man jack (though whether a fictional man/apple/metaphor called Jack who may in fact not be real spent singapore in the fall is relevant is for others to decide)

2 minutes ago, JohnV66 said:

Prices are dropping on dealer sites and by some margin. Mark Osborne at UK Gold Coins has some good prices and will take CC payments. I'm going to wait a few months for a ready graded PF70. Hoping for around  £500 - 550 when it all settles down.

2024_proofs.PNG

550 for ready graded? .. that’s a serious hit.. can’t see many flippers buying this so I’m not sure who would readily take one like that unless they had no choice. 

Aaaahhh😉

2 minutes ago, Agaupl said:

550 for ready graded? .. that’s a serious hit.. can’t see many flippers buying this so I’m not sure who would readily take one like that unless they had no choice. 

Check out actual achieved auction prices for 2018, 2019, 2020 & 2021. They all eventually came down to £500 - £550 range. Latest Coin of The Realm auction had 2022 Memorial PF70's going for £570 all inclusive. Saves you £200 on RRP & NGC grading fee combined. That's the market talking not main dealer pricing with pie in the sky figures. 

Just now, JohnV66 said:

Check out actual achieved auction prices for 2018, 2019, 2020 & 2021. They all eventually came down to £500 - £550 range. Latest Coin of The Realm auction had 2022 Memorial PF70's going for £570 all inclusive. Saves you £200 on RRP & NGC grading fee combined. That's the market talking not main dealer pricing with pie in the sky figures. 

Yeah there’s definitely a slump alright. But it’s a self correcting prospect… who buys when they know they can do this… 

Aaaahhh😉

One word of warning for those thinking of buying sets via 3rd parties as a way of getting better service. Some dealers cherry pick the best coins from sets they get to have graded and lob the rest in sets they sell to punters. Check your coins very carefully as some dealers say they check and then dont and rip off unsuspecting/trusting customers.

Edited by Oldun

On 21/11/2023 at 17:32, SeverinDigsSovereigns said:

I saw here on TSF the other day speculation that the 2025 sovereigns could have another special reverse. Apparently 1825 was when the shield back sovereigns were first released. Image courtesy to Sovereign Rarities. 

Not a sure thing merely speculation, but as the MO of Royal Mint these days nothing is impossible. If indeed they went ahead with shield back, it's not certain if the £5 and £2 will bear the mantled escutcheon. 

FI22372_0.jpg

They could always do a different proof and a normal bullion I suppose.

I can also see them doing a privy mark on a BU version to make a few bob.