• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Official Coronation Coin Range Reveal

11 minutes ago, Chrisplym said:

Still waiting for my SOTD coronation sovereign from 6th May. Explain that one….

Thats a little worrying given all the dealers have had theres and they were getting fulfilled after retail orders.

20 minutes ago, TheShinyStuff said:

Have you asked them what the delay is?

Yes, I asked them and they couldn’t give me a reason. They just said that I should receive it this week and that I am not the only one waiting.

The SOTD case is an embarrassment! For a coin so important, historical, and expensive, this is just terrible.  The regular proof Sovereign comes in a very nice wood case.  Why doesn’t the SOTD come in a similar case, perhaps a darker wood to differentiate it?

On a side note, the coin was packed so tightly in the case that it was almost impossible to get out.  Plus, there was a tiny piece of plastic in the coin holder.  Had to open it and blow it out.  WTF??

6 hours ago, Chrisplym said:

Yes, I asked them and they couldn’t give me a reason. They just said that I should receive it this week and that I am not the only one waiting.

Maybe they're waiting for the COAn signature since I believe it hand signed and I can't imagine how long it would take to sign your name  1250 times.

Edited by jason94151

@Chrisplym it’s probably not much consolation but if the RM has assured you it’s coming then it is. If they have taken your money, the coins are minted and it’s likely some logistical foul up.  Over the years they have caused me a bit of anxiety, but in the end have come through.

The dealers may have received theirs already due to some contractual agreement (and buy in larger volume).

If you’re planning a flip, the prices will hold.  If you’re a collector it will be worth the wait.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 27/04/2023 at 15:28, Paul said:

IMG_5433.JPG

IMG_5434.JPG

IMG_5435.JPG

IMG_5437.JPG

IMG_5438.JPG

In need of a little help guys, i was lucky enough to get the above 2oz matt proof 'fully frosted' upon release direct from the Mint at launch for RRP £5,495

Yesterday Ive been offered another for £6,700  (so would be paying £1,205 over list RRP)

Whilst i have followed information here, I'm struggling to find any confirmed flips, re-sales, eBay sales, auction results of any of these 

i.e. anything actually selling over RRP 

The one sale on eBay UK i found for was "best offer" accepted at list price of £7500 appears not to have gone through as the same one is relisted for sale again now 

Is everyone HODL'ing them ? given it is for the Coronation and only 100 of them, Ive only see a couple come to market

Is their no interest in them?

I remember a few chance super quick flips appearing on FeeBay at launch, were any confirmed sold ?

Has anyone seen any sales outside of UK in USA or Far East ? or on Facebook groups?

Wait until we see what the first graded PF70 sells for at auction ? to gauge market value 

I am normally clued up and can judge market sentiment on most things, but I'm on the fence with this, as a it seems a marmite type of release, love or hate it

Parting with £6,700 for 2oz of gold is a big chunk of chancing paying £3350oz on a 'hunch' it 'may' do well if the right two people want it a few years.  My gut says it could pay off down the line when times are better but my wallet says no

£6,700 invested in coronation year sovereigns would get me x18 bits of gold

HELP !! 😬🙄😕🤔

Any opinions, advice, help, guidance, insight would be much appreciated 

I think the Royal Mint have sold 100 collectors a pup.

It is inferior to the "normal" proof in terms of eye appeal.

Few collectors will be impressed with the low issue number going forward, the "normal" proof will be more in demand.

13 minutes ago, goldhunter said:

I think the Royal Mint have sold 100 collectors a pup.

It is inferior to the "normal" proof in terms of eye appeal.

Few collectors will be impressed with the low issue number going forward, the "normal" proof will be more in demand.

It's certainly a different looking piece in hand. Like a glossy satin finish it has. The standard proof looks stunning, surprised how few have been flipped out. Time will tell how it plays out with the Matt proof, market sentiment certainly seems to agree with your opinion immediately after release. Thanks for the input 

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

It's certainly a different looking piece in hand. Like a glossy satin finish it has. The standard proof looks stunning, surprised how few have been flipped out. Time will tell how it plays out with the Matt proof, market sentiment certainly seems to agree with your opinion immediately after release. Thanks for the input 

I prefer the matt finish to the mirror finish.

One has been posted on a Facebook group for £7500

7 minutes ago, Chrisplym said:

Didn’t one sell at auction for £7,936 including buyer’s premium a couple of weeks ago?

I got PM to remind me of the sovereign rarity sale. Hammer price received was £6400 (what seller received) 

£1280 @20% buyers premium, vat +£256

Graded 70 

My price I've been offered ungraded isn't a million miles away 

@Paul if you have the money, then trust your instincts.

Not much interest I imagine as not many can afford such a piece.

But if 100 rich guys want 1, demand will be there you just have to find it.

Edited by Upsidedown
Spelling

Ad lunam, ad opes ac felicitatem.

"Put the soup down. Today is a caviar day."    -James32

20 minutes ago, Paul said:

I got PM to remind me of the sovereign rarity sale. Hammer price received was £6400 (what seller received) 

£1280 @20% buyers premium, vat +£256

Graded 70 

My price I've been offered ungraded isn't a million miles away 

Just buy it, you know you want it!

And it will save you from the star wars coins tomorrow 🤣