• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Official Coronation Coin Range Reveal

3 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

One I’ve got to get mate! Me and Charlie boy share the same Birthday so it’s like having my own SOMB (Stuck On My Birthday) sovereign……. Also striking hopefully sovereign at the mint just crossing my fingers on the timing.

Oh wow that’s very cool my friend!

I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you that you get your wish. ☺️🤞🏽

I’m sure I’ll be queuing up (online) for this SotD too. It’ll make a nice pair with the Coronation SotD. 

5 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

One I’ve got to get mate! Me and Charlie boy share the same Birthday so it’s like having my own SOMB (Stuck On My Birthday) sovereign……. Also striking hopefully sovereign at the mint just crossing my fingers on the timing.

Someone at the RME said the strike your own options weren't going to be changing for the rest of the year. I hope they have been misinformed!

1 hour ago, JamesH said:

Received today and it’s not a clanger. Very happy 👍🏼

A8897EE6-958E-4B79-B3D0-52E1A346A4F4.jpeg

5EE707C0-D3E4-4AB1-8145-0792C0DF89B0.jpeg

Name and shame the QC number for allowing a good coin out. This is strictly against royal mint protocol.

Ad lunam, ad opes ac felicitatem.

"Put the soup down. Today is a caviar day."    -James32

11 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Can you SYO sovereign in the mint? Is it with VIP Tours? 

Although this is separate to coins. Does anyone have any knowledge about whisky, aswell as the Coronation coins I have already purchased, I'm interested in the  McCallan Coronation Whisky, any knowledgeable collectors out there could advise if this would be a good investment? 

31 minutes ago, NumismaticNI said:

Although this is separate to coins. Does anyone have any knowledge about whisky, aswell as the Coronation coins I have already purchased, I'm interested in the  McCallan Coronation Whisky, any knowledgeable collectors out there could advise if this would be a good investment? 

There's a separate 'Lets talk Whisky' thread on the forum.

That’s a tough call.  I would think that buying from a reputable dealer might be worth paying a bit more.  eBay seems to have its share of people eager to take your money.  If you are determined, get some photos and research the seller - nobody new, nobody selling odd lots of about anything.  Be careful, it’s lots of money and if it seems too good to be true, it probably isn’t.

Britannia Coin has three in stock (£1995)and they are a good company.

Edited by Sc391

2 hours ago, jason94151 said:

do you think it better to buy stock photo SOTD sovereign from ebay or only if they have actually picture of the coin?

Type in the phrase “counterfeit sovereign” in the search bar at the top of the page and read a couple of articles by members of the Silver Forum.

2 minutes ago, jason94151 said:

Just wondering I'm seeing alot of small black dots on the coin from ebay are they worth getting? I'm trying to get a good one so that I can hopefully get it graded for a ms70.

20230520_221146.jpg

If you are looking at SOTD keep in mind they are a matte finish (kind of like a bullion coin) and might not grade as perfect.  If you want a 70 you probably want to buy one already graded.  The one I received is not perfect, but I don’t believe in grading these.  They are rare and limited due to the event and mintage, perfection may not be the goal.

Just one guy’s opinion……