• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Official Coronation Coin Range Reveal

@JeffM I don't suppose you called them to ask for prices ??

I notice nothing is posted on the web site, just prompting to call their data gathering telesales crew 

We had it listed momentarily on Friday here in the UK for the 1oz gold reverse proof in 70 for £3250 GBP before it disappeared

1 hour ago, Paul said:

I notice nothing is posted on the web site, just prompting to call their data gathering telesales crew 

We had it listed momentarily on Friday here in the UK for the 1oz gold reverse proof in 70 for £3250 GBP before it disappeared

GovMint charges huge, obscene prices.  $6,295 (USD) for the 1 oz. gold and $495 for the 2 oz. silver.

1 hour ago, Paul said:

GovMint charges a ton here in the U.S. for all the coins they sell.  Some are only available through them, so you pay a pretty penny if you want the coin.

Edited by JeffM

That ain't great value at all. £3250 was the price in UK on Friday before it disappeared for gold 

Forget what USD to GBP is exactly but it not that far from even parity, one for one. 

Nice coin but too dear :(

5 minutes ago, Paul said:

Forget what USD to GBP is exactly but it not that far from even parity, one for one. 

GBP/USD is about 1.30, thus 3250 GBP is about 4225 USD, i.e. 1.5 times less than GovMint charges

8 hours ago, Paul said:

That ain't great value at all. £3250 was the price in UK on Friday before it disappeared for gold 

Nice coin but too dear :(

I almost bought 8 legs of venison for £40 then I thought that was two dear too!  

2 hours ago, Paul said:

6295usd / 1.30 GBP = £4842 

That's a wee be more than the £3250 GBP we saw it offered for on Friday in UK 

Yankie Scoundrels. “Oh we don’t like tea taxes” bla bla bla. … coronation RP 1oz gold comes out of no where …

IMG_0002.jpeg

Aaaahhh😉

1 hour ago, Agaupl said:

So they got bought up 

I'll bet GovMint bought a ton of them to corner the market.  Then they can charge what they want, and if you absolutely must have it, open your wallet nice and wide!

49 minutes ago, Agaupl said:

Yep. Speculative holding 

21 minutes ago, JeffM said:

I'll bet GovMint bought a ton of them to corner the market.  Then they can charge what they want, and if you absolutely must have it, open your wallet nice and wide!

Yeah if this is true then collectors should just boycott such behaviour. 🫤

25 minutes ago, JeffM said:

More to the point why does Rm allow certain dealers especially overseas to buy in bulk and shaft the entire market. It’s happend so much this year. Esp for unexpected coins like this … oh wait sorry. We know why. £€¥$

Aaaahhh😉

15 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

I’m surprised that even the Mint Marque members on here who were offered the 2oz gold matte proof Coronation coin were not offered this one.

So it likely was not even an exclusive in that sense; rather more of a “dealer exclusive”.

I think you're correct.  I have seen this before, especially with GovMint here in the U.S.  They commission issues that only they sell, or they buy a large hunk of the issue.

4 minutes ago, JeffM said:

The silver RP looks great, too, but not at the price GovMint is charging (even though a lot less expensive than the gold).

2023_Coronation_of_King_Charles_III_Slv_2oz_REVPF70_CR_cap.jpg

Ah mate it’s gorgeous. As is the gold. Although the web page showed the gold RP as just the regular I noticed. Im not paying their prices though. 

Edited by Agaupl

Aaaahhh😉