• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Official Coronation Coin Range Reveal

On 10/07/2023 at 17:46, Paul said:

Coloured coins are sleeping giants to do amazingly well, of that I've no doubt 

There's a few others waiting from what I've read 

It’s a plate though. And $350/ £170

Aaaahhh😉

26 minutes ago, timsk said:

Thanks for the replies everyone - much appreciated.

The photo is taken with the capsule lid removed - so the blemish is definitely on the coin. What I can't say with 100% certainty is whether or not it's a very fine hair that's attached itself to the coin, but I dare not poke at it as I don't know what I'm doing, I don't have the necessary tools and will likely cause further damage in the process. So, on that basis, I'll leave well alone and return it.

I've had a look at my records and, since I started stacking/collecting at the end of 2021, I've bought exactly 10 proof coins from the Royal Mint (RM). As I've mentioned already, one was stolen and had to be replaced, (which isn't RM's fault to be fair), but this is the second coin to be returned because it's below par. (The other being the British Monarchs Henry VIII silver 2 oz). That's not a great track record and I'm starting to sympathise with those of you can't be ar$ed dealing with the RM any more! 

I’d have bought thst Henry VIII just saying 

Aaaahhh😉

3 hours ago, timsk said:

Should I send it back, or is it not that big a deal, given that it's on the obverse and doesn't immediately jump out at you?

Are you talking about that dirty big line that starts at the dot between the D & G and goes all the way to the egde of the coin over the E, or is there some tiny blemish that I haven't seen?

"To get to where I need to be, I start by walking away from where I am."

49 minutes ago, Thelonerangershorse said:

Are you talking about that dirty big line that starts at the dot between the D & G and goes all the way to the egde of the coin over the E, or is there some tiny blemish that I haven't seen?

Yep Thelonerangershorse - it's the dirty big line!

To be fair, it's nothing like as noticeable in real life: I had to play around with the lighting and used the macro lens on my phone's camera to take the shot to make it obvious what I was on about.

I've already written to the Royal Mint saying I'd like a replacement or, if there isn't one available, a full refund.

1 minute ago, timsk said:

Yep Thelonerangershorse - it's the dirty big line!

To be fair, it's nothing like as noticeable in real life: I had to play around with the lighting and used the macro lens on my phone's camera to take the shot to make it obvious what I was on about.

I've already written to the Royal Mint saying I'd like a replacement or, if there isn't one available, a full refund.

Is it a scratch or a struck through hair or similar?

5 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

Is it a scratch or a struck through hair or similar?

I don't know Paul - I can't tell.

I've looked at it under a loop and I'm undecided. It could be either but, as I said in an earlier post, I'm loathed to touch it in case I damage the coin.

Can anyone tell me if the 1/4oz gold coronation brit is still available please? Cant find a mention of it on BBP. 

Ive not had the money so haven't looked. But maybe able to afford one in a week or so.

Have i missed the boat?

Cheers Rich 

1 minute ago, AaaGee said:

Can anyone tell me if the 1/4oz gold coronation brit is still available please? Cant find a mention of it on BBP. 

Ive not had the money so haven't looked. But maybe able to afford one in a week or so.

Have i missed the boat?

Cheers Rich 

https://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/gifts/coronation-of-king-charles-iii-bullion-coins/2023-coronation-quarter-ounce-gold-coin/

207 remaining

35 minutes ago, AaaGee said:

Thought there was a quarter with this reverse on it?

Screenshot_20230716_101127_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.42752612663c5a15d1627bbee1e6d193.jpg

2023 Charles III 1/4oz Gold Britannia | BullionByPost - From £423.40

(Edit - Sorry, not that one either.  Not crowned portrait.  Releasing bullion 'Coronation' coins as well as bullion Brits with a Coronation portrait has made things complicated.)

Edited by Minted

Does anyone know the mintage of the 2023 Coronation £25 Quarter Ounce Gold Coin?

BBP blurb states: ". . . With a limited mintage period they will not be around for long and are sure to be a very popular collectible coin." What does 'limited mintage period' mean in terms of numbers produced and do we know for sure that the Royal Mint aren't going to produce them by the bucket load? If there really are only 207 remaining - I'm quite tempted - otherwise I'll pass!

Does this 1/4 crowned portrait exist with lady britannia on the reverse or is it a figment of my imagination?

Im not really a fan of the C111 coronation reverse design. 

So may just go for the sovereign if not.

On 13/07/2023 at 14:35, BornAgainBullion said:

Yep. Still waiting for my 2oz Coronation proof. Complained to the RM about the fact they're minting new ranges of proof coins before minting these ones but had no response.

I'm still waiting 2oz silver... Everytime I call, they say its getting minted this week, will be dispatched early next week... And weeks have passed, no coin still

7 hours ago, AR03 said:

I'm still waiting 2oz silver... Everytime I call, they say its getting minted this week, will be dispatched early next week... And weeks have passed, no coin still

My 2 oz. Coronation silver was sent to me this morning by my dealer.

Here in the US, GovMint/Modern Coin Mart is selling a PF70 Ultra Cameo REVERSE proof of the 2 oz. Coronation silver.  I didn't know that a reverse proof of this coin was minted, but it sure looks awesome.

24 minutes ago, JeffM said:

My 2 oz. Coronation silver was sent to me this morning by my dealer.

Here in the US, GovMint/Modern Coin Mart is selling a PF70 Ultra Cameo REVERSE proof of the 2 oz. Coronation silver.  I didn't know that a reverse proof of this coin was minted, but it sure looks awesome.

oooohhhh thats exciting news - i didnt realise a silver reverse proof was being surprised upon us to 

Do you have a direct link to it please Jeff ? ive have had a little search on those sites but cant seem to see it in the results 

A 1oz gold reverse proof appeared on Sovereign Rarities web site here in UK for a few hours at the end of last week but has since disappeared 

IMG_9586.jpeg.fbe6d2fa821632f42205173da518b301.jpeg

IMG_9587.jpeg.d435653100edf1b843bc4e035cd8dcc6.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Paul said:

oooohhhh thats exciting news - i didnt realise a silver reverse proof was being surprised upon us to 

Do you have a direct link to it please Jeff ? ive have had a little search on those sites but cant seem to see it in the results 

A 1oz gold reverse proof appeared on Sovereign Rarities web site here in UK for a few hours at the end of last week but has since disappeared 

IMG_9586.jpeg.fbe6d2fa821632f42205173da518b301.jpeg

IMG_9587.jpeg.d435653100edf1b843bc4e035cd8dcc6.jpeg

Here you go:

kingscoronation (govmint.com)

GovMint also has the RP gold.  I did not realize these reverse proofs were even made.  Maybe for foreign markets?  These little secrets keep popping up!

Edited by JeffM

Just now, JeffM said:

Here you go:

kingscoronation (govmint.com)

GovMint also has the RP gold.  I did not realize these reverse proofs were even made.  Maybe for foreign markets?  these littler secrets keep popping up!

many thanks jeff - we found x100+ are already pregraded with NGC on Friday when we had a hunt about 

nobody knew of this release before Friday - so was a surprise to all 

4 minutes ago, Paul said:

many thanks jeff - we found x100+ are already pregraded with NGC on Friday when we had a hunt about 

nobody knew of this release before Friday - so was a surprise to all 

This is the craziest thing.  I got an e-mail from GovMint this morning that showed the two RPs.  I thought it was a mistake.  I contacted them, and they responded that, yes, they have the RP gold (1 oz.) and RP silver (2 oz.).  I was interested in the silver, so I checked online and could find it nowhere else.