• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Official Coronation Coin Range Reveal

9 minutes ago, Upsidedown said:

@Paul if you have the money, then trust your instincts.

Not much interest I imagine as not many can afford such a piece.

But if 100 rich guys want 1, demand will be there you just have to find it.

Hhhhhmmmmmm........

8 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

Just buy it, you know you want it!

And it will save you from the star wars coins tomorrow 🤣

Hhhhhmmmmmm..........

You guys . . . . I'll be on beans on toast for life at this rate 

I'm supposed to be saving money and get back to hoovering bargains like @James32

2 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Save for the next Great Engravers 🙈 

What's the next GREAT item though ?? In the series 

The petition crown has been a very much anticlimax. Double PF70s selling in USA very much under list RRP 

I wonder if we'll look back to threads and comments here in 5+ years time saying I wish I'd..... I should have ....... Why didn't I buy .......

Or 

I'm glad I stopped buying 

1 hour ago, Chrisplym said:

Didn’t one sell at auction for £7,936 including buyer’s premium a couple of weeks ago?

Did you purchase one of these 2oz Matt proofs at launch Chris? 

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

The petition crown has been a very much anticlimax. Double PF70s selling in USA very much under list RRP 

I wonder if we'll look back to threads and comments here in 5+ years time saying I wish I'd..... I should have ....... Why didn't I buy .......

Or 

The 2 coins so far im woried/excited/apprehensive about but holding on to are....

Memorial proof sovereign which i paid roughly the going rate for and seems to be a dead duck at the moment.

And the 2023 SOTD Coronation sovereign that i purchased from a flip at an inflated price (my choice obviously).

If its taught me anything, i should stick to bullion.

7 minutes ago, AaaGee said:

The 2 coins so far im woried/excited/apprehensive about but holding on to are....

Memorial proof sovereign which i paid roughly the going rate for and seems to be a dead duck at the moment.

And the 2023 SOTD Coronation sovereign that i purchased from a flip at an inflated price (my choice obviously).

All stunning coins though. HODL and enjoy them. All will come good imho

I’m still after a SOTD and will be buying when they come back from grading. External factors at play 

Aaaahhh😉

50 minutes ago, AaaGee said:

. . . . .  ' at the moment' 

Perfect storm to keep hoovering ;)

Edited by Paul

1 hour ago, AaaGee said:

You can buy in a dead market, my feelings is the perfect storm is with us now and will be with us for a wee while left. Buy when things are cheap, not in demand, flippers need credit card money

Doing stuff against the grain, doing and buying stuff other folk ain't

Trust your gut ❣️🙏😊

3 minutes ago, Agaupl said:

My gut says buy this… its only $350 and it’s saying it’s a good investment.. I think I’m going to listen 🤔

🤣🤣

IMG_9937.jpeg

Coloured coins are sleeping giants to do amazingly well, of that I've no doubt 

10 minutes ago, timsk said:

Is anyone else still waiting to receive their Coronation proof coins from RM - or am I the only one?

There's a few others waiting from what I've read 

On 10/07/2023 at 00:22, Paul said:

Or 

I have not kept track but I do know you pointed out that one of the graded 2oz gold Petition Crown sets sold for below issue price. I believe that was either a distress sale or something was fishy there. I’m not aware of any other sales below issue price of either the silver or gold sets.

Imo the Great Engravers collection is quite a prestige range, and regardless of short term blips in secondary market prices, I will gladly collect them upon issue so as not to risk missing out on something special.

I’ve no clue what the next one could be.

I recall someone had shared a hint about the Petition Crown around last year at this time, and they were proved right (you know who you are!) 😀

4 hours ago, westminstrel said:

I have not kept track but I do know you pointed out that one of the graded 2oz gold Petition Crown sets sold for below issue price. I believe that was either a distress sale or something was fishy there. I’m not aware of any other sales below issue price of either the silver or gold sets.

Imo the Great Engravers collection is quite a prestige range, and regardless of short term blips in secondary market prices, I will gladly collect them upon issue so as not to risk missing out on something special.

I’ve no clue what the next one could be.

I recall someone had shared a hint about the Petition Crown around last year at this time, and they were proved right (you know who you are!) 😀

There’s silver one for sale in the ungraded section atm for below rrp. I’ve been very tempted as I love the coin. 

Aaaahhh😉

On 10/07/2023 at 08:36, timsk said:

Is anyone else still waiting to receive their Coronation proof coins from RM - or am I the only one?

Yep. Still waiting for my 2oz Coronation proof. Complained to the RM about the fact they're minting new ranges of proof coins before minting these ones but had no response.

I got my 1oz silver Coro proof a couple of weeks ago.  Was a longer wait than expected.

Think I prefer the bullion version though, seems like a clearer, less cluttered design.  I've just seen that the 1oz silver bullion is expected to arrive at SilverTrader this week.  As long as they're not far off £30, I'll probably grab one of those.

On a slight tangent, I also received a 2022 proof 50p that I'd ordered many months ago.  But am baffled by it having a very low certificate number.  200 odd.  I saw them on eBay with numbers over 1000 at the beginning of this year. 🤔  I had assumed the numbers would all be roughly in dispatch order so not sure if this is just a one-off or not.

On 10/07/2023 at 08:36, timsk said:

Well, I contacted RM and said where the 'kin hell are my coins - and they replied saying they were delivered months ago and gave me an order number and Royal Mail PoD. I replied saying nice try - but that was a replacement order for a silver Britannia Two coin set which was stolen in transit. So, yesterday, (Friday 14th) I get another e-mail from them saying the Coronation coins are on their way and would arrive today - which they have. Hurrah, finally! I'm happy with them - bar a tiny hairline scratch above the king's crown of the silver Piedfort coin between the rim and the letter G. See pic' below. Should I send it back, or is it not that big a deal, given that it's on the obverse and doesn't immediately jump out at you?

Coronation_Piedfort.jpg

12 minutes ago, timsk said:

Well, I contacted RM and said where the 'kin hell are my coins - and they replied saying they were delivered months ago and gave me an order number and Royal Mail PoD. I replied saying nice try - but that was a replacement order for a silver Britannia Two coin set which was stolen in transit. So, yesterday, (Friday 14th) I get another e-mail from them saying the Coronation coins are on their way and would arrive today - which they have. Hurrah, finally! I'm happy with them - bar a tiny hairline scratch above the king's crown of the silver Piedfort coin between the rim and the letter G. See pic' below. Should I send it back, or is it not that big a deal, given that it's on the obverse and doesn't immediately jump out at you?

Coronation_Piedfort.jpg

I think you’re being conservative calling that a tiny hairline scratch.

If it is a scratch, I’d return it for an exchange.

It looks more like a sliver of plastic potentially from the capsule though. Have you tried rotating the capsule to see if the thingey moves?

19 minutes ago, timsk said:

Coronation_Piedfort.jpg

That’s definitely not on the capsule? If not then no way should you keep it. 

Aaaahhh😉

4 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

I got a couple of the coronation bullion silver coins today and they both have a strike through in exactly the same place behind the ear. I think I'll keep them :D 

Sounds interesting Paul. Please share a photo.

Thanks for the replies everyone - much appreciated.

The photo is taken with the capsule lid removed - so the blemish is definitely on the coin. What I can't say with 100% certainty is whether or not it's a very fine hair that's attached itself to the coin, but I dare not poke at it as I don't know what I'm doing, I don't have the necessary tools and will likely cause further damage in the process. So, on that basis, I'll leave well alone and return it.

I've had a look at my records and, since I started stacking/collecting at the end of 2021, I've bought exactly 10 proof coins from the Royal Mint (RM). As I've mentioned already, one was stolen and had to be replaced, (which isn't RM's fault to be fair), but this is the second coin to be returned because it's below par. (The other being the British Monarchs Henry VIII silver 2 oz). That's not a great track record and I'm starting to sympathise with those of you can't be ar$ed dealing with the RM any more!