• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Official Coronation Coin Range Reveal

3 minutes ago, JeffM said:

The silver RP looks great, too, but not at the price GovMint is charging (even though a lot less expensive than the gold).

2023_Coronation_of_King_Charles_III_Slv_2oz_REVPF70_CR_cap.jpg

Yeah it looks good indeed, and it is definitely affordable to me, but I’m past the point where I’m willing to buy a coin “at any cost” (literally and figuratively).

Besides, this has left a sour taste in my mouth because although I don’t mind exclusives if they are priced accordingly, price gouging by dealers is, for me, crossing a line.

22 minutes ago, Agaupl said:

Ah mate it’s gorgeous. As is the gold. Although the web page showed the gold RP as just the regular I noticed. Im not paying their prices though. 

The silver is about £378.

14 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Yeah it looks good indeed, and it is definitely affordable to me, but I’m past the point where I’m willing to buy a coin “at any cost” (literally and figuratively).

Besides, this has left a sour taste in my mouth because although I don’t mind exclusives if they are priced accordingly, price gouging by dealers is, for me, crossing a line.

It’s not even price gouging. It’s just fair price discovery by multiple vendors in each market. Anyway it is what it is. 

Over the last few years I’ve been tempted to buy only from RM to take advantage of the higher levels of mint Marque. RM terrible sales team and then lack of exclusives like this makes me actively stay away from buying from RM. just don’t deal directly with the RM anymore unless you are Mint marque. I’ve never seen a private company like RM last 10 years never mind 1000 

Aaaahhh😉

I would like the 1oz gold reverse proof to go along side the 2oz matt as I personally really like the design.

I'll probably just slide and miss the launch RRP and take my chances finding one will show up at auction the the UK or on feebay. Bound to be someone get buyers remorse or needs to raise cash. Try and get one around £2500 max,  fingers crossed 🤞🤞🤞

22 minutes ago, Paul said:

I would like the 1oz gold reverse proof to go along side the 2oz matt as I personally really like the design.

I'll probably just slide and miss the launch RRP and take my chances finding one will show up at auction the the UK or on feebay. Bound to be someone get buyers remorse or needs to raise cash. Try and get one around £2500 max,  fingers crossed 🤞🤞🤞

For sure, anyone who spends $6,295 for a 1 oz. gold has several screws loose in the head!  Of course, if it was actually struck by Anne Jessopp, that's a totally different story!

Edited by JeffM

Unlikely to see many in UK if govmint have the monopoly on them. But we will see. I dropped an email to my RM account manager to get the numbers and what the deal is with them etc see what I get from source 

Will report back what he says 

7 minutes ago, JeffM said:

For sure, anyone who spends $6,295 for a 1 oz. gold has several screws loose in the head!  Of course, if it was actually struck by Anne Jessopp, that's a totally different story!

I heard it was. 

Aaaahhh😉

3 minutes ago, JeffM said:

If she will graciously hand sign the COA, I will order it immediately.  I know a super investment when I see it!

She can’t write. 😂 she just… emboldens change  and talks nonsense. Like all CEO’s 

IMG_0010.jpeg

Aaaahhh😉

1 minute ago, Agaupl said:

She can’t write. 😂 she just… emboldens change  and talks nonsense. Like all CEO’s 

IMG_0010.jpeg

An ambitious 5 year strategy.. to make more money . But also decrease consumer satisfaction..  Mind …blown. 

Aaaahhh😉

1 hour ago, JeffM said:

If she will graciously hand sign the COA, I will order it immediately.  I know a super investment when I see it!

If you go on a VIP tour, she hand signs the COAs on the strike-your-own coins (not a joke!)

26 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

If you go on a VIP tour, she hand signs the COAs on the strike-your-own coins (not a joke!)

OMG, I need to move to the UK like yesterday!!!  I would be at the RM every day to strike my own!

The 2oz "reverse proof"  is really a BU coin grades as a MS MATTE coin 😳

Got to be one of the most expensive BU has sold by the RM in recent times.............  Don't get me wrong If that was my coin I would have made sure it was graded as a Matt proof as the COA states. Who's ever submitted this coin has either not submitted with the PR or the grader has taken the decision that it's clearly not a proof coin and given it a MS grade. 

Screenshot 2023-07-19 at 06.38.53.png

Edited by GoldDiggerDave

2 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

The 2oz "reverse proof"  is really a BU coin grades as a MS MATTE coin 😳

Got to be one of the most expensive BU has sold by the RM in recent times.............  Don't get me wrong If that was my coin I would have made sure it was graded as a Matt proof as the COA states. Who's ever submitted this coin has either not submitted with the PR or the grader has taken the decision that it's clearly not a proof coin and given it a MS grade. 

Screenshot 2023-07-19 at 06.38.53.png

eBay item number #166229055621 shows NGC are grading them as a Matt proof as per the COA I think this first one from sovereign rarities auction as wrongly graded as BU 

I've still only seen one confirmed sale/flip of it yet, not exactly setting the world alight with interest it's not certainly not another Una and lion 🦁 🦁🦁 at this time 

On 17/07/2023 at 11:02, Paul said:

mintage x1000 for silver and x200 for gold reverse proof 

I checked with an account manager at GovMint.  He couldn’t give me too much information, but I think the gold and silver reverse proofs are a special issue for GovMint.  The RM CoA and box are the same as those of the regular proof 2 oz. silver coronation coin.  There is no reference to reverse proof except on the NGC slab, as pictured in the photo and link I provided.  I’m thinking that the regular proof and reverse proof are both together under the posted mintage.  If so, who knows how many RPs were made?

3 hours ago, JeffM said:

I checked with an account manager at GovMint.  He couldn’t give me too much information, but I think the gold and silver reverse proofs are a special issue for GovMint.  The RM CoA and box are the same as those of the regular proof 2 oz. silver coronation coin.  There is no reference to reverse proof except on the NGC slab, as pictured in the photo and link I provided.  I’m thinking that the regular proof and reverse proof are both together under the posted mintage.  If so, who knows how many RPs were made?

I did find it curious that the states mintage of the 2oz silver proof is 1,000.

Typically, the reverse proofs have had a smaller mintage than the regular proofs.

The 1oz gold proof was 300 so it makes sense the 1oz gold reverse proof is 200.

The 2oz silver proof was 1,000 and I’d have expected the reverse to have a smaller mintage.

6 hours ago, westminstrel said:

Typically, the reverse proofs have had a smaller mintage than the regular proofs.

The 2oz silver proof was 1,000 and I’d have expected the reverse to have a smaller mintage.

the 1oz proof gold mintage is 685 mate

8 hours ago, westminstrel said:

I think the silver reverse proof mintage is within that 1,000 mintage limit.  This is quite strange.  GovMint told me that the COA and the RM box they received the coin in before grading state that the coin is proof (not reverse proof) (same box and COA as the proof coin) with a mintage of 1,000.  So, it looks to me like the RM reserved a part of the mintage for reverse proofs that went to GovMint.  Certainly, I haven't seen them anywhere else.

1 minute ago, JeffM said:

I think the silver reverse proof mintage is within that 1,000 mintage limit.  This is quite strange.  GovMint told me that the COA and the RM box they received the coin in before grading state that the coin is proof (not reverse proof) (same box and COA as the proof coin) with a mintage of 1,000.  So, it looks to me like the RM reserved a part of the mintage for reverse proofs that went to GovMint.  Certainly, I haven't seen them anywhere else.

Does the RM even know these were minted 🤣? I’m still wanting one. Won’t be coming from the US though. .. well maybe a silver 🤔

Aaaahhh😉