• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Official Coronation Coin Range Reveal

i looked back on my emails and "platinum jubilee" strike on day was 06/02/22 and was dispatched 17/02/22

11 days wait. 

So hopefully it wont be a super long wait 

Edited by Paul

1 hour ago, westminstrel said:

Lucky buggers. Meanwhile my 1oz and 2oz silver proof Charles I coins have just been dispatched. I’m not even excited about them at this point. 🫤

I got the 2oz silver proof earlier this week and I have to say it is spectacular. The 1/40ozers are also incredible…especially under the loupe which is the only way to really see them!

28 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

I got the 2oz silver proof earlier this week and I have to say it is spectacular. The 1/40ozers are also incredible…especially under the loupe which is the only way to really see them!

I was referring to the British Monarchs Charles I silver proof 1oz and 2oz coins which have just been dispatched to me. 🙂

image.thumb.jpeg.b1fcd9c152e3c50c6bc355bf8b40e0e2.jpeg

34 minutes ago, AR03 said:

Love the simple design is this coin

It’s a really nice coin!! 

1 hour ago, westminstrel said:

I was referring to the British Monarchs Charles I silver proof 1oz and 2oz coins which have just been dispatched to me. 🙂

image.thumb.jpeg.b1fcd9c152e3c50c6bc355bf8b40e0e2.jpeg

Of course you were!! I should get better glasses!! That’s a lovely coin. Looking forward to seeing the images when you can share them!!

1 hour ago, AR03 said:

Love the simple design is this coin

32 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

It’s a really nice coin!! 

Of course you were!! I should get better glasses!! That’s a lovely coin. Looking forward to seeing the images when you can share them!!

It will be a week or two but I will definitely share pictures. 🙂

Received SOTD shipping notice this AM.  Quite happy to see this.  My silver coin orders are combined with gold crowns so I’m thinking they may hold the entire order until the crowns are ready to ship in June?

1 hour ago, BOOLIAN said:

Cross-posting from the other thread, as like I said there - credit where credit is due for TRM. Really nice coin!

image.png.8038d3ace19585d8caafe7478b11ea27.png image.png.2d569d1d60e850944305a8e33e0ab5bb.png

Just noticed there's no tail on the helmet, has this been removed on newer sovs?

Ad lunam, ad opes ac felicitatem.

"Put the soup down. Today is a caviar day."    -James32

Just now, Upsidedown5318008 said:

Interesting, anyone know why they removed it?

It was added in 1887 to mark Queen Victoria's golden jubilee. I think with the tonnes of George V sovereigns that survive the ones with streamers are more classic than the original without. Interestingly it's only removed from one sovereign, and remains on £5 and £2.

If we do the right thing this time, we might have to do the right thing again next time.

6 minutes ago, Upsidedown5318008 said:

Interesting, anyone know why they removed it?

4 minutes ago, SeverinDigsSovereigns said:

It was added in 1887 to mark Queen Victoria's golden jubilee. I think with the tonnes of George V sovereigns that survive the ones with streamers are more classic than the original without. Interestingly it's only removed from one sovereign, and remains on £5 and £2.

Yeah as @SeverinDigsSovereigns said, I believe it has been switched back and forth over the years. The older designs also have the broken spear, whereas sovereigns after 1821 (?) have Saint George's sword, Ascalon, instead.

Edited by BOOLIAN