• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Official Coronation Coin Range Reveal

44 minutes ago, Sc391 said:

If you are looking at SOTD keep in mind they are a matte finish (kind of like a bullion coin) and might not grade as perfect.  If you want a 70 you probably want to buy one already graded.  The one I received is not perfect, but I don’t believe in grading these.  They are rare and limited due to the event and mintage, perfection may not be the goal.

Just one guy’s opinion……

oh ok thanks also I dont really know 2 much about sovereign coins especially on SOTD , do you by any chance have a irl photo of a bullion sovereign and a matte finish version side by side so that I can see and try to tell the different.(only got proof sovereign so far). Im also wondering are lower number COA worth getting on these Special events?

1 hour ago, Sc391 said:

Type in the phrase “counterfeit sovereign” in the search bar at the top of the page a read a couple of articles by members here.

I dont think they have fake 2023 SOTD sovereign just yet since it only been 2 weeks but I might be wrong. Hopefully there some 2023 SOTD sovereign from APMEX or other USA based online dealer. Im not sure if I want to spend 2.5k usd from britannia coin company just yet, im hoping usd to pound exchange rate go up higher since im also going to need to pay transaction fee from when paying pounds.

46 minutes ago, jason94151 said:

I dont think they have fake 2023 SOTD sovereign just yet since it only been 2 weeks but I might be wrong. Hopefully there some 2023 SOTD sovereign from APMEX or other USA based online dealer. Im not sure if I want to spend 2.5k usd from britannia coin company just yet, im hoping usd to pound exchange rate go up higher since im also going to need to pay transaction fee from when paying pounds.

I think that quite a number of Coronation SOTDs have been sent off for grading,  So, when these eventually hit the market, this may calm down prices if not reduce them.

Interestingly, my dealer arranged for all the SOTD sovereigns that they had been allocated to be sent directly from the RM to the graders.  This does raise a number of interesting points:

1)      I had been hoping the dealer would have done a quality control check first.

2)      If the RM knows that the coins are going straight to the graders, will they be selective in what is sent?

3)      If the graders get the coins straight from the RM does that mean they will all get MS70s as the condition will be as they are produced? And

4)      I wonder how the dealer will allocate the coins to the customers as they will just get a pool of graded coins back from the RM.  Earliest orders get the best coins?

We shall see.

One was just auctioned off raw for GBP1450 incl. Buyer's Premium. Description mentioned "a couple of areas of frosting weakness/spots otherwise as struck". 👑

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

3 hours ago, Zhorro said:

I think that quite a number of Coronation SOTDs have been sent off for grading,  So, when these eventually hit the market, this may calm down prices if not reduce them.

Interestingly, my dealer arranged for all the SOTD sovereigns that they had been allocated to be sent directly from the RM to the graders.  This does raise a number of interesting points:

1)      I had been hoping the dealer would have done a quality control check first.

2)      If the RM knows that the coins are going straight to the graders, will they be selective in what is sent?

3)      If the graders get the coins straight from the RM does that mean they will all get MS70s as the condition will be as they are produced? And

4)      I wonder how the dealer will allocate the coins to the customers as they will just get a pool of graded coins back from the RM.  Earliest orders get the best coins?

We shall see.

When the 70s come back expect a lower mean value as the flippers take their profits. I expect they'll be readily available for a while still 

It’s officially Coronation Christmas in May!  Received 4 different shipments today - 5£ Piedfort, 50p Piedfort, 2 oz silver, 1/4 oz gold, 1/40 oz gold, and a few sets.  Everything was in great shape, QC did an excellent job, could not be more pleased. (SOTD was last week - that headed straight to the safe)

Edited by Sc391

27 minutes ago, Sc391 said:

SOTD was last week - that headed straight to the safe

Smart! I think it'll be really interesting to see how frequently these appear on the market in a year's time.

COTR auctioned a raw SOTD today for GBP1360. 

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

5 hours ago, jason94151 said:

Just wondering how long does it normally take to get your coin graded and sent back to you

It can take about 12 weeks.  Usually they give an estimate, but rarely hit it.

3 hours ago, Sc391 said:

It can take about 12 weeks.  Usually they give an estimate, but rarely hit it.

Ok thanks so I got to wait for a few months before getting my chances of buying a ms70 SOTD sovereign.

Sometimes the dealers have more influence with graders and get faster responses.  I guess patience will be required on your part.  Might give time for the prices to settle down.

26 minutes ago, LightningSilver said:

Sorry if I've missed any responses but I ordered a 2oz silver proof coronation coin from BBP and they still havent heard of a delivery time from the Royal Mint. Thinking I'll just cancel the order now. 

Had a similar situation with them myself. Ordered the 6 coin set at the beginning of March. Turned up last week.  Appalling customer service from BBP and the RM

39 minutes ago, AaaGee said:

Had a similar situation with them myself. Ordered the 6 coin set at the beginning of March. Turned up last week.  Appalling customer service from BBP and the RM

I'd imagine the blame lies entirely with the RM. My coronation 50p via BBP arrived weeks ago in perfect condition.

Not sure if it's been covered elsewhere on the forum but does anyone know why the RM take so long between sending batches? 

I assumed (maybe wrongly!) that all the coins from a limited mintage run would be minted in one go?  So is it the packaging that causes the delay?

I'm still waiting for one from last year, plus a 1oz silver proof Coronation coin.  Both items are still showing as orderable, and the website source check shows stock available.  Just trying to understand what causes the delays.

41 minutes ago, AaaGee said:

BBP could keep their customers in the loop. If RM are dragging their heels supplying BBP. Then an email from BBP letting their customers know they havnt been forgotten about wouldn't go amiss. Speaking from personal experience.

Fair point.