• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Block This eBay Scammer ASAP

Algo

Hello guys I hope that you're well,

I'd just like to inform you that Charterhouse Accountants Ltd (charter-house.net) are currently trying to scam me, after buying a 1 Oz Gold Buffalo on eBay for £1725 delivered.

The eBay user ID used to place the purchase is: and-774142
So those of you who trade on there, will want to block this asap (assuming it's still active).

Five days after receiving the coin, they bypassed eBay and filed a 'transaction not recognised' dispute with their bank.

Once I uploaded proof of dispatch/delivery images to the eBay dispute that automatically opened and put my account in a deficit, I was notified that they'd changed their dispute to 'item not received'.

The 1 Oz Gold Buffalo was delivered to Charterhouse Accounts Ltd address, College Road, Harrow.

I even sent a polite email to their associate director querying this chargeback four days ago, and I phoned their firm last week but have not received any form of correspondence since.

Best,
Al

iMarkup_20230325_180023.jpg

Proof of delivery.jpg

Fraudulent chargeback started by Charterhouse Accountants Ltd.jpg

Charterhouse Accountants Ltd - fraudulent chargeback.jpg

Edited by Algo

If you sell anything of high value on ebay, then do what I do. Pre write name and address with your postage stamps stuck on padded envelope. Pre write buyers name and post code on inner padded envelope.  When you have everything ready, get your mobile ready and position in such a way that it see what your hands are doing and press record. Show item getting wrapped and taped.  Stuff it in inner envelope, seal and extra tape on corners, stuff this envelope inside the stamped padded envelope and again seal and tape corners. When all complete write a squiggly line on envelope that can not easily be duplicated. Stop video. Take package to PO and when they have attached the SD stickers, take photo of envelope with tracking number and squiggly line and keep for your record. Send this photo to buyer. If a dispute ever does happen, you will have all the evidence you would need with your video. I know this is over the top, but £1700 is a lot of money to lose.

Getting back to the subject, Your buyer is a scammer. Report to the police also.

Edited by ChrisSilver
Removed line that could incite violence. In breach of forum’s terms and legal responsibility to remove.

Never Chase and Never Regret 

1 hour ago, Algo said:

Hello guys I hope that you're well,

I'd just like to inform you that Charterhouse Accountants Ltd (charter-house.net) are currently trying to scam me, after buying a 1 Oz Gold Buffalo on eBay for £1725 delivered.

The eBay user ID used to place the purchase is: and-774142
So those of you who trade on there, will want to block this asap (assuming it's still active).

Five days after receiving the coin, they bypassed eBay and filed a 'transaction not recognised' dispute with their bank.

Once I uploaded proof of dispatch/delivery images to the eBay dispute that automatically opened and put my account in a deficit, I was notified that they'd changed their dispute to 'item not received'.

The 1 Oz Gold Buffalo was delivered to Charterhouse Accounts Ltd address, College Road, Harrow.

I even sent a polite email to their associate director querying this chargeback four days ago, and I phoned their firm last week but have not received any form of correspondence since.

Best,
Al

iMarkup_20230325_180023.jpg

Proof of delivery.jpg

Fraudulent chargeback started by Charterhouse Accountants Ltd.jpg

Charterhouse Accountants Ltd - fraudulent chargeback.jpg

Take them to the small claims court. You can start a case online immediately though the .gov website here:

https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money

That'll put a fire underneath them as you have a lot of evidence that they'll have trouble disputing.

They will have to respond/attend court or face CCJs and all kinds of legal hassles. 

Plus you can claim your expenses back off them too, and you get to enjoy the satisfaction of putting them through the wringer.

2 minutes ago, Zeuk said:

Looking at their books just adds to this imo, they're risking a million-pound company for 2k.  I'd probably visit and talk to them, very odd.

It would be interesting to read their eBay feedback to see if it's littered with this type of behavioural history.

4 minutes ago, CazLikesCoins said:

It would be interesting to read their eBay feedback to see if it's littered with this type of behavioural history.

If ive searched it right, looks like they are no longer a user and had only been around since Jan 23 with limited feedback.  

I'd be looking at temp staff tbh, looks like the account was setup, did a few purchases then disappeared.

Could be a good lesson to ebay sellers though, be wary of posting to company addresses and accounts that are not well established.

Edited by Zeuk

2 minutes ago, CazLikesCoins said:

Oh. Opps. Hopefully the OP will update with the outcome. It'd be nice to know how it all works out, for better or worse.

Aye, at the very least they should want to provide some help if they decide to pursue through the courts or to solve with ebay ... best of luck to op.

I do list the odd thing on eBay when variable fee offers come about. Some good valid points above. 

I hope this goes well for you, it's just unnecessary stress and headache for some dodgy prat that wants to scam £1725. 

Hope it gets rightfully resolved.

2 hours ago, Spyder said:

If you sell anything of high value on ebay, then do what I do. Pre write name and address with your postage stamps stuck on padded envelope. Pre write buyers name and post code on inner padded envelope.  When you have everything ready, get your mobile ready and position in such a way that it see what your hands are doing and press record. Show item getting wrapped and taped.  Stuff it in inner envelope, seal and extra tape on corners, stuff this envelope inside the stamped padded envelope and again seal and tape corners. When all complete write a squiggly line on envelope that can not easily be duplicated. Stop video. Take package to PO and when they have attached the SD stickers, take photo of envelope with tracking number and squiggly line and keep for your record. Send this photo to buyer. If a dispute ever does happen, you will have all the evidence you would need with your video. I know this is over the top, but £1700 is a lot of money to lose.

Getting back to the subject, Your buyer is a scammer that needs to have his knee cap broken.  Report to the police also.

I do the same got a cheap ring light with a phone holder for that very purpose, write names and address on packaging and record the coin on a sigma then being wrapped up.

6 hours ago, Zeuk said:

Cant help but think this has been done by a dodgy employee or some other scam.  Would be pretty mental for a company director/qualified accountant to do a scam for this kind of money.

Someone iffy has a company credit card, or details of one. Could be the girl on the front desk as perp would have to intercept the post. In that case it would make sense that the company didn't recognise the transaction. I would give them a call, villain might answer the phone so ask to speak to accounts RE outstanding invoice or whatever once through to an innocent politely explain circumstances, proof charge was made from company and item delivered to company with evidence. If no luck it's a Police matter.

Good Luck 👍

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

Firstly, I am sorry you are going through this pain.

I suspect it is probably a “bad actor” with some access to company facilities rather than the company themselves.

I hope you can get this resolved quickly and with a minimum of hassle.  

Not my circus, not my monkeys

Could it be someone using that company as a fall guy and actually working independently, be it a disgruntled employee or someone who has access to their premises?

As some other posters have said, it seems strange to risk a large company for a sub £2000 purchase.

This is shocking to read and must be traumatic especially at how eBay reacted so swiftly in favour of the buyer, without I assume, any in-depth investigation.
If an employee of this firm succeeded in using Company funds illegally then that has to be dealt with internally by the Company.
Someone in the Company has accepted the package and given it to someone so the culprit ought to be easily identified by following the coin - surely !
You should obtain a crime report by contacting the police but also write ( email ) to the Company director(s).
You should not be liable at all so carefully follow all the steps in the correct order to recover your loss.
Perhaps also consider contacting the Sun on-line newspaper to highlight how easily this fraud/crime took place as helpful for all other sellers on eBay.
Definitely puts me off considering selling anything of value in future.
I wish you every success in recovering your loss and I know how sick you must feel having myself dealt with eBay disputes several years ago.