• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Queen Elizabeth II Memorial Sovereign - 2022 Gold Proofs

Charliemouse

4 minutes ago, Dankanugget said:

2C50EA8F-2D81-436D-9D93-99C7499F5B3D.thumb.jpeg.6efc4f4b88390f75188f12fc13a88ba5.jpeg

63FA7B19-2426-44B0-998F-D6CA9C7EF922.jpeg

2AF3BB40-FDB4-4DA1-85FD-56D2807920B3.jpeg

Picked some new sovereigns today

I struggle to just send one piccy I am doing something wrong.

Just now, Dankanugget said:

I struggle to just send one piccy I am doing something wrong.

Any way ….enjoy

40 minutes ago, apachebleu said:

Well just got the email to say my 5 coin set will arrive tommorow. Its weird how I've been waiting so long I sort of wrote the whole thing off ages ago and it almost feels like a bonus....if that makes any sense.

Well here's hoping it's in good order.

Just had the same it’s about time here’s hoping for a problem free set 

I tried an electric air blower on my 1/4.  I think it helped blow away any fine dust on the surface, but there is still a mark.  Also, unfortunately, I am sure what looks like a hair near his nose is a fairly obvious scratch.

Playing with the lighting (almost impossible to see by eye), it looks as though there was a chemical process on the face, which was wiped off diagonally across the middle and left a residue in the fields.  I'm just speculating; I have no idea.

See photos.  I didn't do any post-processing to remove dust, because I can't easily tell what is actually imperfections on the coin.

image.thumb.jpeg.0eee678d66a18a0ff988f929266dadce.jpeg

20230209-104847-DSC_1867-Edit.thumb.jpg.f6dd6b48c1e3b9c5d0e14bbe2fb0bf9a.jpg

20230209-104847-DSC_1867-Edit-2.thumb.jpg.2fc6e3b5fad41d2e136516a46d9dd622.jpg

12 Beginner Tips for Better Coin Photos

Everything you need to take great coin photos

Douglas Hubbard: Never attribute to malice or stupidity that which can be explained by moderately rational individuals following incentives in a complex system of interactions.

Carl Sagan: One of the great commandments of science is, "Mistrust arguments from authority."

Hi All,

I received my 5 coin set today...here is a picture of the quintuple...do you think its worth sending back? I didn't notice at first but looks like there is two frosting breaks - one on the unicorn's cheak and one on the helmet.

Otherwise an absolute stunner of a coin!

DSC00178.JPG

12 minutes ago, Kvasir said:

Hi All,

I received my 5 coin set today...here is a picture of the quintuple...do you think its worth sending back? I didn't notice at first but looks like there is two frosting breaks - one on the unicorn's cheak and one on the helmet.

Otherwise an absolute stunner of a coin!

DSC00178.JPG

Congratulations! It looks OK on this picture, any chance for another close-up photo?

1 minute ago, Goldfever20 said:

Congratulations! It looks OK on this picture, any chance for another close-up photo?

Sorry, I thought you could zoom in if you selected a picture - here you go.

Looking at the grading scale it would probably be PF69? I'm not planning on grading it, but rather thinking of future sale value...

Screenshot_20230210_161923_Gallery.jpg

7 minutes ago, Kvasir said:

Looking at the grading scale it would probably be PF69? I'm not planning on grading it, but rather thinking of future sale value...

Hm it is tough one. @GoldDiggerDavewhat would you say?

15 minutes ago, Darr3nG said:

Any other coin, and I would consider keeping it, but it's the £5! I would send it back for a replacement.

It's difficult as it's almost impossible to see with the naked eye...but like you say it is the prize sovereign the £5. 🤔

39 minutes ago, Kvasir said:

Bits of frosting missing doesn’t automatically mean a PF69UC as a 70 is base on “ no post production imperfections at x5 magnification” so flipping that around excuse the pun, pre production or production imperfections shouldn’t effect the grade of the coin…….I am not defending the RM.  I have submitted a few coins with hen pecks, tiny bits of frosting missing and they have achieved the top grades.   

it’s just a case what you will be happy with. It’s odds on favourite if you send this back you are likely to get the same or worse. 

37 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Bits of frosting missing doesn’t automatically mean a PF69UC as a 70 is base on “ no post production imperfections at x5 magnification” so flipping that around excuse the pun, pre production or production imperfections shouldn’t effect the grade of the coin…….I am not defending the RM.  I have submitted a few coins with hen pecks, tiny bits of frosting missing and they have achieved the top grades.   

it’s just a case what you will be happy with. It’s odds on favourite if you send this back you are likely to get the same or worse. 

Thanks for this...I think I will keep it - they are barely visible (only noticed when taking the picture as they seem to stand out more) and I'm not grading them anyway. Otherwise the coin is perfect as far as i can see with a loupe.

Like you said I'd be worried about sending them back and getting a worse set. 

Still, they are an amazing coin set to enjoy!