• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Queen Elizabeth II Memorial Sovereign - 2022 Gold Proofs

Charliemouse

3 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

Most quarters have some inperfection in my experience. I count 70's for these as a bonus.

If it was only 'imperfection', I would be delighted.  See my picture.

12 Beginner Tips for Better Coin Photos

Everything you need to take great coin photos

Douglas Hubbard: Never attribute to malice or stupidity that which can be explained by moderately rational individuals following incentives in a complex system of interactions.

Carl Sagan: One of the great commandments of science is, "Mistrust arguments from authority."

1 hour ago, Charliemouse said:

The greasy smear is ridiculous.

I see you spotted my "fat finger" moment😁

Edited by sovereignsteve

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

17 hours ago, Charliemouse said:

packaged mine up just now to send back,I really did think about just keeping it :P But i'd need to replace the quarter as that has a large bit of metal stuck to it.

so that would be another £270 odd to replace or more.

you can see the mark on another without a loop etc,and the box is all scratched :(

so it's not like it's a £50 item,it's not good enough for what we pay so it's going back.

Plus i had to cancel the single full sovereign as couldn't afford everything,Now left with **** all really :)

32 minutes ago, Goldfever20 said:

TSF It’s a proof coin not bullion, that’s NOT acceptable for the RM to send that out. 

RM: 

were-actually-in-a-rush-right-now-were-in-a-hurry.gif

TSF:

agt-americas-got-talent.gif

i-dont-remember-it-being-this-bad-ollie-dixon.gif

I've sent them back in the state they came :) with all the capsules open too.

All that white cloth was rammed partly inside the box to.

Edited by blackadder

35 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

I am riding the Royal Mint about delivery dates again I keep getting very general and spurious estimations, “mid Feb” what ever that’s suppose to mean now I’m seeing people told “mid March” now for some sets.   

Just sent them an email and got an auto response... what womble thought the public cares what day's emails you are responding to?! 

😅

1466649265_Screenshot2023-02-06at13_53_58.thumb.png.ca68cafcb24a60212d7229eb32fe7017.png

78av.gif

1 minute ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

You got that back today?  WTF

Yeah read your post, thought i'd chase up my single sov that i orders on November 15th. Got a auto response straight away.  Ridiculous that 83 days later i still don't have my order. They really have took advantage of the occasion when they had no ability to deliver on time, with the already backlogged production they have.

Thought i was put off buying proofs from the mint after the Gothic Portrait and Arms, this is really putting me off any future purchases. 

78av.gif

3 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

A quick look at a shiny new Piedfort 

It will still get conservation to remove the greasy pickup. 

Is it one of those that if it can be fixed without having to go back and all that drama its recommended to have it conserved and then sent off to graders?

Just now, SiCole said:

Is it one of those that if it can be fixed without having to go back and all that drama its recommended to have it conserved and then sent off to graders?

Even if I submitted this without conservation its highly likely it still would get a PF70UC but for the £9 extra its not worth cutting corners.