• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Guilty pleasure coin?

Anyone else have a guilty pleasure coin / bar in their stack?

Something that goes against the plan to just stack bullion was the 2 x back to the future coins. Paid about the going rate at the time but was never part of the bigger picture. 

Could have been a lot worse I know but still shake my head when I see them. (And yep, I’ll be buying the 3rd one as well)

96044A5A-4357-4D57-ABB2-E7148275EC6D.jpeg

10 hours ago, Bigmarc said:

This is the only coin set I have ever collected, just to dip my toe in. Collecting not for me but I do really like them. 

Australian shipwreck series

Screenshot_20220803-221314-738.png.adb50a31b5f318f33a0146b3b03adee6.png

Not a bad looking set to go rogue on. 

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, SidS said:

I've taken a shine to Cartwheel twopences, not silver, not cheap but wow. Just wow.

I agree.
Cartwheel twopence shown top left in the photo below, alongside some of my other favourite older coins. 

It's a beast of a lump, just imagine having some of those in your pockets 200 or so years ago!

DSC_1036.JPG

44 minutes ago, Stuntman said:

I agree.
Cartwheel twopence shown top left in the photo below, alongside some of my other favourite older coins. 

It's a beast of a lump, just imagine having some of those in your pockets 200 or so years ago!

DSC_1036.JPG

Hmm some dreamy coins there!

Don't you just love the George IV half crown reverses? I can't work out if I like the first reverse (1820-21) or the third reverse (1824-1829) the best.

Edward VII florins never get boring either.

I agree with you entirely!

My favourite is the 1820-21 reverse (there is an exceptionally rare 1823 version too, as you probably know).  My own 1821 example above (the 'heavier garnishing' variety) is one of my very favourite coins altogether.