• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint Stopped Trading Bullion

SupremeBullion

3 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

We have temporarily stopped trading Bullion. If you are registered with The Royal Mint, you will receive an email when were back online.

2072221627_RoyalMintStoppedTraadingBullion.thumb.jpg.9a160c38085d1ed1c350cd0ce47dbc1f.jpg

I don't know how long ago they suspended bullion trading. If it was yesterday, I could partly understand it, but the market is quieter, and much less volatile today.

This seems to mark the Royal Mint out as a "fair weather" dealer. It must be unsatisfactory for their customers to discover they can't buy or sell when they want to, particularly when markets are busy and volatile.

This is a clear indication that other UK bullion dealers operate a much more reliable market and service.

Also, where are the Apostrophe Police when you need them?

Lawrence this just adds to one of the many reasons I will not do business with the mint directly anymore. 

Are they afraid people will be selling all their gold at a profit only for the price to come back down again ? 

Shocking service from these clowns as usual!

If you have Digital Gold you can't sell it at the moment, its been down since yesterday morning when price of gold increased. I'm still unable to sell this morning even though its gone down.

Don't know if it affects physical bullion or just digital

24 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Because they are not up to the job!

I also just started a similar topic / thread:

With a few brief comments.

@ChardsCoinandBullionDealer continued to trade bullion normally, despite it being one of the most volatile days we can remember.

If investors want to deal with an experienced, professional, and reliable bullion dealer, they know where to look, I hope!

😎

Where?🙂

10 minutes ago, SilverApples said:

...apologies, having now actually tried to make a transaction I'm seeing that message.

If you don't hold it...

It won't tarnish 😂

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

it really makes ones question the merits of vaulting with them if you cant sell when prices rise / fall. Either way with what is going on in the world just now one has to keep and eye on such matters. thanks for your thoughts everyone. 

I've been trying to complete an order since yesterday afternoon.  The fact that they won't let me complete the purchase is bad enough, but what's worse, they won't even let me withdraw the money in my investment wallet so I can buy elsewhere.  I'm absolutely fuming!  

Lol,the royal mint attempt to enter the online trading market and as soon as it get lively they are out ..

if you want to punt gold online use a spread betting firm.  If you want to buy and sell your physical gold use one of the dealers on here or the buy/sell page with people with decent rep