• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint British Monarchs Collection

harrygill111

1 hour ago, AndrewSL76 said:

2oz Gold has now sold out. Only 175 in limited edition presentation and a maximum total of 195. Shocked it took so long to sell out.

Many reasons I believe, though does not bode well for it's future performance. Compare to how quickly (almost instantly) 2oz golds for the Gothic Crown, Platinum Jubilee, Three Graces, Una etc sold, it's in a completely different tier.

2 minutes ago, Timberwolf said:

Many reasons I believe, though does not bode well for it's future performance. Compare to how quickly (almost instantly) 2oz golds for the Gothic Crown, Platinum Jubilee, Three Graces, Una etc sold, it's in a completely different tier.

I think a 21 coin series just out of the range for most of us in 2 OZ gold. Even for deep pockets it is a huge investment. With that amount of money you can invest in a lot of things that make more sense.

1 minute ago, dikefalos said:

I think a 21 coin series just out of the range for most of us in 2 OZ gold. Even for deep pockets it is a huge investment. With that amount of money you can invest in a lot of things that make more sense.

Agreed. Plus no guarantee of it making it to 21 coins, if it doesn't do as well as they expect. 

10 minutes ago, Timberwolf said:

As above comment. Una was a slow burner and far from an instant sell out success.

6 minutes ago, dikefalos said:

Not everyone will be investing for the series but instead investing for key coins that would otherwise be difficult to obtain. Getting the first in the series secures the rest of the series and you can sell, even at a loss, some of the less desirables in order to obtain the ones that are otherwise impossible to obtain. Shucks, you could even buy and sell each gold for a few hundred quid profit to get the silver for free and build that set. This ain’t about building a set but being canny to get the ones you really want plus a little extra.

6 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Not everyone will be investing for the series but instead investing for key coins that would otherwise be difficult to obtain. Getting the first in the series secures the rest of the series and you can sell, even at a loss, some of the less desirables in order to obtain the ones that are otherwise impossible to obtain. Shucks, you could even buy and sell each gold for a few hundred quid profit to get the silver for free and build that set. This ain’t about building a set but being canny to get the ones you really want plus a little extra.

I guess you right. I just hope, most of those coins are getting direct into strong hands, than not only key coins are going crazy. 

27 minutes ago, Timberwolf said:

Well with all the new releases coming out money could be a bit tight for alot atm...

53 minutes ago, Oldun said:

The 1oz golds have had a ton pregraded at PF70 so the 1oz gold raws, whilst more affordable, have to compete with a pre flooded PF70 market or am I mistaken ?

The fact they were limited to 100 in presentation means raw coins should remain raw IMO only 100 boxes, having a presentation box is significant to many collectors.

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

2 hours ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Just to remind that the Una took longer to sell out initially. 

Not in gold - gold sold out very quickly even for Una.

Here's the thread 

Some epic quotes to be made from that thread  as well, sorry I had to!

On 25/11/2019 at 09:31, AndrewSL76 said:

It is a ridiculous premium on the silver. Is anyone actually going to buy this?

On 25/11/2019 at 13:09, AndrewSL76 said:

I still think the premium for 'proof' is too much. Unless the mintage figures are properly low, then as an investment you're going to struggle (IMHO). When you can get a two oz Lion for 60.00 at the moment, I think I would rather have three lions that one Una and Lion - if that makes sense. Much nicer to hold, much easier to sell, much more likely to continue going up in price. The Una is still at 80% reserved and the price could not be as high as you would want in the secondary market. I hope everyone who buys it does well though!!

Look at this cheeky so and so: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Royal-Mint-Una-and-the-Lion-2oz-Silver-Proof-5-Coin/372853667314?hash=item56cfcf75f2:g:QroAAOSw0Udd26JS

Wouldn't be the first time I was totally wrong!!!

On 25/11/2019 at 13:31, AndrewSL76 said:

Just buy 14 Sovereigns and hold them for ten years and then sell them. Probably get a similar profit.

@Timberwolf…..note that the Una release did not sell out ‘almost instantly’ - which was my point. Both the gold and especially silver were slow burners initially. 

As for my comments. Oh my days. I am pleased to point out to you that I have beaten you to it and already reminded the forum of those particular statements just last year around the time the Three Graces was released. Hilarious. I have a real grasp for financial forecasting, it seems. At least with the Una…

4 hours ago, AndrewSL76 said:

2oz Gold has now sold out. Only 175 in limited edition presentation and a maximum total of 195. Shocked it took so long to sell out.

How do you know if a coin is truly sold out(discounting the allocation reserved for the mint marquee) as I checked yesterday afternoon when the website is showing awaiting stock for the 2oz gold, then the source code said the avaliable quantities was 0.

Just now, Jeremyzed said:

How do you know if a coin is truly sold out(discounting the allocation reserved for the mint marquee) as I checked yesterday afternoon when the website is showing awaiting stock for the 2oz gold, then the source code said the avaliable quantities was 0.

Good question. I guess it may come back for sale if there are returns? I only know what I was told, by the way! I spoke with my account manager who confirmed there were none left.

2 minutes ago, Jeremyzed said:

Stock is mentioned in a few different places.  I suspect you were looking at available to order and not available on back order.

Even then, when completely sold out, it doesn't mean they will never be available again.

Another thing that somewhat frustrates me about the release is if the mint can gurantee a proption of PF70 for their trade partners, why can't they use similiar methology to other normal releases, given the higher mintage, might not be able to achieve the same result but at least they may eliminate some of the obviously defective coin being sent out?

Edited by Jeremyzed
typo...again

4 hours ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Just to remind that the Una took longer to sell out initially. 

Which one would you say is the key coin here,1 or 2oz gold? I imagine the one ounce would not do that well with that huge amount of PF70 and numbered striked from hertiage, whilst the 2oz has a even smaller mintage than the una...however it it did take long to sale though...

10 minutes ago, Jeremyzed said:

Which one would you say is the key coin here,1 or 2oz gold? I imagine the one ounce would not do that well with that huge amount of PF70 and numbered striked from hertiage, whilst the 2oz has a even smaller mintage than the una...however it it did take long to sale though...

I wouldn’t want to answer this or any other numismatic question. Look above at my past record. If I tell you not to buy into water, order a swimming pool, right?!

If pressed, I would think the 2oz would be better as I have bought one and because the mintage is lower.

See what I mean? c**p advice. 

5 minutes ago, marston59 said:

It seems to me that not many of us wanted to buy into this release.

But as collectors we all decided to buy a silver 1 or 2 oz coin anyway.

Love this times ten. Same for me with Una. Savaged it and ended up (at one point) with four of the silvers. Don’t have four now! Even sold one for just over £400 and another for £500 way back when. See what I mean about my advice. Ignore it.