• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Bullion Sovereign

2 hours ago, Tn21 said:

Regarding blister packs of any sort a brief concern of mine is that they will deteriorate over a period of years (long term)

The colours will fade over time, the thin sheet of protection similar to that of a brand new phone screen will peel and curl up at the corners. 

A very nice brand new item is shiny and definitely a trophy piece at the start but like anything it will show signs of 'wear and tear' no matter how well you protect/store it over time. 

Any seasoned stackers out there that can share their experience with any packaged bullion items?

Fair points raised above....I've looked at older Perth Mint and other certicards from years past as a guide to how they may hold up...that said, they can be made differently to say a Perth Mint certicard...so only time will tell.

At a point in time on the future, even if the certicard / blister pack does get a bit ratty looking, the bullion sov will be effectively brand new / untouched...so IMO still a decent outcome.

13 hours ago, HelpingHands said:

There has been a problem with the RM website when clicking 'activate bullion account' from the standard commemorative coins website.

The three pages of questions just go round in circles.  Their tech people are aware of the issue.

You can just create a new account for the bullion site.

https://www.royalmint.com/bullion-account/bullion-registration/bullion-registration/

I am still trying to finalise setting up my account, spent about three hours queuing to get through to them, never responded to an email and I need to ring them again now, shocking service. 

7 hours ago, Tn21 said:

Regarding blister packs of any sort a brief concern of mine is that they will deteriorate over a period of years (long term)

The colours will fade over time, the thin sheet of protection similar to that of a brand new phone screen will peel and curl up at the corners. 

A very nice brand new item is shiny and definitely a trophy piece at the start but like anything it will show signs of 'wear and tear' no matter how well you protect/store it over time. 

Any seasoned stackers out there that can share their experience with any packaged bullion items?

From what it is worth my 2000 year blisters are in great shape but must have been stored well.

9 hours ago, Tn21 said:

Thank you for posting this, made me think hard. Was tempted to buy a load in blister packs, now I think I’ll either go with a case with one and the remainder in a couple of tubes.

Great question and thought process.

Trying to decide whether a case on R.M website is a bit clunky for storage, it’s hard to gauge the size though. Only have so much storage space in a safe place 🤔

Edited by ZigZag

On 14/01/2022 at 13:44, paulmerton said:

Has anyone seen what sort of capsule the quarter sovereign comes in yet? Will it be a tiny one, or a larger one with a black foam spacer like in the proof sets?

Hello, i am a new member. Got a quarter Sovereign an a Sovereign to compared. Both capsules are equal size. 16422875853324221447817168311341.thumb.jpg.69da6d5634760fc8138bb42bf2cb745c.jpg

On 15/01/2022 at 08:33, Griffo said:

I am still trying to finalise setting up my account, spent about three hours queuing to get through to them, never responded to an email and I need to ring them again now, shocking service. 

@Griffo  Did you log out of the standard account first?

If you create a brand new one with the link it should work.  Log out / Try another browser?

https://www.royalmint.com/bullion-account/bullion-registration/bullion-registration/

17 minutes ago, HelpingHands said:

@Griffo  Did you log out of the standard account first?

If you create a brand new one with the link it should work.  Log out / Try another browser?

I am not sure what type of account I have signed up for, it's taken ages to get deposited funds showing into my account, now their system wont accept my ID
I don't want to confuse things by opening another account at the moment even if it's needed down the line, I will try again tomorrow when I can leave the phone on while I que.

I will look into that though, thanks.

Edited by Griffo
Spelling

1 minute ago, Griffo said:

I am not sure what type of account I have signed up for, it's taken ages tom get deposited funds showing into my account, now their system wont accept my ID
I don't want to confuse things by opening another account at the moment even if it's needed down the line, I will try again tomorrow when I can leave the phone on while I que.

I will look into that though, thanks.

I had similar issues with RM inc money there, money not there etc) when setting up my account last year. Took a few calls and emails. Their online chat piece was sort of helpful too so maybe worth using that feature today and see where is gets you. Good luck mate.

Just now, Oddjob said:

I had similar issues with RM inc money there, money not there etc) when setting up my account last year. Took a few calls and emails. Their online chat piece was sort of helpful too so maybe worth using that feature today and see where is gets you. Good luck mate.

Tried the online chat and the email an enquiry form too, they were vague with answers to the first one and advised me to ring RM and never replied to their own enquiery form with the other, cheers though.

2 minutes ago, Griffo said:

Tried the online chat and the email an enquiry form too, they were vague with answers to the first one and advised me to ring RM and never replied to their own enquiery form with the other, cheers though.

Have you tried: HeadofCustomerServices@royalmint.com

Attach your unanswered emails and other supporting docs.

25 minutes ago, Griffo said:

After saying that I just had my enquiry form answered, just this minute!

I guess it's coincidence, or there are folks from the RM reading this?

Hope i am not proved to be wrong in the future, but created an account with RM no issues, deposited money no problem and received my 2022 sovereign in the card/blister pack in the stated timeframe, no issues.  I know others are having issues, but have to say their service was very good. 
I must be the exception? Anyone else had no issues?

7 hours ago, scotwasp said:

Hope i am not proved to be wrong in the future, but created an account with RM no issues, deposited money no problem and received my 2022 sovereign in the card/blister pack in the stated timeframe, no issues.  I know others are having issues, but have to say their service was very good. 

I've never had a problem with RM either...at least not so far...

Edited by flyingveepixie

16 hours ago, scotwasp said:

3 out of 3 orders from the RM have been flawless. Customer services very polite and helpful also. Shame about the prices but that is another story.

49 minutes ago, SovereignBishop said:

3 out of 3 orders from the RM have been flawless. Customer services very polite and helpful also. Shame about the prices but that is another story.

Currently around £24 premium if you buy just the one...  better prices at Chards - about £19 premium if you buy just the one - but they don't have them in stock yet.

Still quite confuse with the RM bullion account. I tried to activate the bullion account when i am logged in using my standard account and it is giving me error and looping in the registration page.

Do I need to log out from my standard account, and create a new bullion account using the same email address here ==> https://www.royalmint.com/bullion-account/bullion-registration/bullion-registration/ ?

Or do they work as 2 separate account with different login IDs? It's quite confusing 😉