• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Bullion Sovereign

12 hours ago, oooootini said:

Thanks, 1/4 sovs are not really on my "buy" list, but as it's a special design i thought it would be nice to pick up a few full/half/quarter sets.

I like that idea a lot! Perhaps @LawrenceChard , @Alun and @ChrisSilver can team up and create some beautiful TSF 2022 Bullion Sovereigns sets in customs walnut boxes? 😍

Edit: And if someone could call the Royal Mint and ask* them to replace the copper with silver then we would have a real winner.

*beg 

Edited by Jvw

24 minutes ago, Jvw said:

Are there any Europe dealers who sell these? My experience with customs has been terrible lately and Shipping from the UK will cost me way too much on fees and vat (I know these coins should be exempted from VAT but try explaining that to Dutch customs).

https://www.coininvest.com/en/gold-coins/sovereign/sovereign-elizabeth-ii-gold-coin-2022/

Not currently in stock but I have used coininvest before. They are around in at least another dealer a friend in EU says he preordered one yesterday but I didn't ask which dealer 

9 hours ago, Oddjob said:

Thanks @LawrenceChard. Chards is on the list for these. Have already used Chards for some sov purchases recently, so highly likely this will continue.

I was was lined up like a lot of TSF members here for a H&B 2022 sov, but H&B decided to cancel my order as I live in Aust. Looks like they are too cheap to pay for the long distance calls and postage to bombard me with their marketing. 😀

They make a loss on them, so unless you were a sucker who would buy some of their other stuff, you can understand it.

We definitley won't be posting you any unwanted promotional material, although as you probably know you can subscribe to our e-mails if you want, and unsubscribe just as easily.

🙂

Chards

59 minutes ago, Jvw said:

Are there any Europe dealers who sell these? My experience with customs has been terrible lately and Shipping from the UK will cost me way too much on fees and vat (I know these coins should be exempted from VAT but try explaining that to Dutch customs).

Just remind them of this:

https://op.europa.eu/en/publication-detail/-/publication/8ac6a09e-24b7-11eb-9d7e-01aa75ed71a1

Unfortunately, Customs are often a P.I.T.A. everywhere. Some seem to think their job is to get as much of your money as possible, and make you do the work to get it back.

Chards

1 hour ago, Jvw said:

I like that idea a lot! Perhaps @LawrenceChard , @Alun and @ChrisSilver can team up and create some beautiful TSF 2022 Bullion Sovereigns sets in customs walnut boxes? 😍

Edit: And if someone could call the Royal Mint and ask* them to replace the copper with silver then we would have a real winner.

*beg 

I have mentioned the colour and lack of silver content to them many times, but they do not appear to be very good at listening. I have also written to them with a quite detailed argument. I have mentioned this in previous TSF posts. They did not say no, which is hopeful, so in another 10 years or so, we might be able to convince them. It is possible that if they see sense and capitulate, it might be seen as the RM being wrong for the past 50 years, and me being right.

😎

Chards

12 hours ago, YMC said:

yeh same here not the biggest fan of sov normally because of the colour but will be getting this one for the design 😌 

Perhaps we should offer a gold plating service!

I am only joking, because even though they would look better, it would desecrate the virginity of the coin, so to speak.

😎

Chards

Hope to find them in Germany soon... Full bullion sovs are not a problem usually, half and doubles a bit more so, and nobody has an idea about how the quarter bullion might be available over here.

Last year I had to order the double bullion from RM as no German dealer had it. Half bullion was available but from a dwindling number of dealers.

On the other hand, I kind of like the new card packaging, so probably I will order all four sizes in cards from RM.

Let's see what the waylayers try to do about them. Lately, they taxed/customed my proof sov but after a complaint, they promised a refund soon. 

25 minutes ago, xthomasx said:

Hope to find them in Germany soon... Full bullion sovs are not a problem usually, half and doubles a bit more so, and nobody has an idea about how the quarter bullion might be available over here.

Last year I had to order the double bullion from RM as no German dealer had it. Half bullion was available but from a dwindling number of dealers.

On the other hand, I kind of like the new card packaging, so probably I will order all four sizes in cards from RM.

Let's see what the waylayers try to do about them. Lately, they taxed/customed my proof sov but after a complaint, they promised a refund soon. 

It is possible that the RM will not supply the card packaging to dealers, so that they retain a premium priced monopoly.
Minimum order quantities also cause problems.
I / we would be happy to buy 10,000 sovereigns, we are reluctant to buy 500 x quarters, halves and doubles.
You could try asking Customs for some compensation for your admin time, or send them a bill for €50, you never know!

😎  

Edited by LawrenceChard

Chards

13 minutes ago, mustynewb said:

Wouldnt let me order from RM, said i needed a bullion account then just failed to activate it. No carded sovs for me.

With bullion I think you have to transfer funds from your account to the RM. Of course you need to create an account with the RM...then transfer money over,hence you can purchase bullion coins automatically...

15 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

They make a loss on them, so unless you were a sucker who would buy some of their other stuff, you can understand it.

We definitley won't be posting you any unwanted promotional material, although as you probably know you can subscribe to our e-mails if you want, and unsubscribe just as easily.

🙂

My 1917 sov from Chards just arrived today....no unwanted marketing materials...just super good packaging. Nice.

2 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

I can’t seem to fund my Bullion account.

I am trying to do so with an AUD debit card; could that be the issue?

Has anyone funded their account with a non-GBP debit card?

Yep tried and failed. I think RM only accept UK debit cards. Had to fund via EFT to RM a/c which took a few days.

17 hours ago, Jvw said:

*beg 

Also if this does, I jest, go ahead. Somebody, anybody, make sure the bloody capsules are closed and they stay closed!!

31 minutes ago, Oddjob said:

Yep tried and failed. I think RM only accept UK debit cards. Had to fund via EFT to RM a/c which took a few days.

Thanks. Did you fund with a non-UK bank account? I have an Aussie bank account (in AUD) and have never done this before, so apologies if my question sounds silly. 

35 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Thanks. Did you fund with a non-UK bank account? I have an Aussie bank account (in AUD) and have never done this before, so apologies if my question sounds silly. 

Yes. I followed the pymt instructions for RM for EFT. Had to dig a little for full Wales address and set it up with my bank. When you go to make the EFT, select how much GBP you want to send (note over fund by a few quid), your bank will tell you the AUD equiv and rate and then you can accept and send or decline. Once set up, I'd make a small few quid EFT first to make sure all is in order. Bit of a PITA but I got there.

1 hour ago, Oddjob said:

Yes. I followed the pymt instructions for RM for EFT. Had to dig a little for full Wales address and set it up with my bank. When you go to make the EFT, select how much GBP you want to send (note over fund by a few quid), your bank will tell you the AUD equiv and rate and then you can accept and send or decline. Once set up, I'd make a small few quid EFT first to make sure all is in order. Bit of a PITA but I got there.

Wouldn't it be possible for you to use Wise (or other similar service)? Just deposit AUD, then convert to GBP and use the GBP "bank account" they provide to whisk over the funds to RM. Money arrives in seconds and little fees to mention.

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

15 minutes ago, jultorsk said:

Wouldn't it be possible for you to use Wise (or other similar service)? Just deposit AUD, then convert to GBP and use the GBP "bank account" they provide to whisk over the funds to RM. Money arrives in seconds and little fees to mention.

To be honest, I've never used WISE....Never had the need too. Will check it out. Thanks for the advice on that. Good one.

15 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Okay this is weird. In my RM account, I can see the funds I transferred in a category called Total Balance. But the Available to Invest category shows £0.

And when I am on my cart, it says insufficient funds.

Any idea what might be going on?

They told me the other day that it takes 3 to 5 days to get into your account, my funds are still not showing at all from a week ago?