• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Royal Mint Annual Sets

9 minutes ago, Shell said:

Decided to get a nickel date stamped horseback crown from Westminster Collection, otherwise it's living in regret come the four day bank holiday this summer🥳 Is it me or are the RM queues getting bigger and longer - 10106 at 10.16AM yesterday? Even Westminster Collection had two queues yesterday🤔

The queue system has definitely changed. In the past I'd get on earlly and wait and that generally always got me a decent enough spot to get what I was after. Since the Sov launch though its been pretty awful with queue spots generally well in the thousands. Don't know why its suddenly changed but it is what it is. Thankfully other dealers usually list big coin releases after the initial 9am RM release time so there are options apart from the RM. You can also ring the mint if you get in the queue and discover you have a terrible position. Those two options are the only way I managed to get the 2022 proof sovs I wanted and the Gothic Crown.

I think this release was slightly off from the norm more generally because it was very well publicised with most media outlets doing a piece on these coins. I even had people who know I have an interest in coins asking about them because they'd seen it on the BBC or whatever. Would of meant there were more people trying than normal yesterday morning.

4 minutes ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

The queue system has definitely changed. In the past I'd get on earlly and wait and that generally always got me a decent enough spot to get what I was after. Since the Sov launch though its been pretty awful with queue spots generally well in the thousands. Don't know why its suddenly changed but it is what it is. Thankfully other dealers usually list big coin releases after the initial 9am RM release time so there are options apart from the RM. You can also ring the mint if you get in the queue and discover you have a terrible position. Those two options are the only way I managed to get the 2022 proof sovs I wanted and the Gothic Crown.

I think this release was slightly off from the norm more generally because it was very well publicised with most media outlets doing a piece on these coins. I even had people who know I have an interest in coins asking about them because they'd seen it on the BBC or whatever. Would of meant there were more people trying than normal yesterday morning.

I think the change to the Queue-it system is their way of addressing the previous problem with overselling their products. There was such a large number of orders made simultaneously that they were typically overselling and then faced with a backlash from angry customers that had their orders cancelled. To address the issue, they have slowed the Queue-it system down to a snails pace. To Fix one problem, they have created another.

7 hours ago, paulmerton said:

Opening price was £130, I ordered the Maximum of three Coinster.

The SOTD is back available at Chards. Just had an email saying £790, but it's currently listed at £715. At a modest rise from RRP, that's still a great deal right?

https://www.chards.co.uk/2022-platinum-jubilee-strike-on-the-day-sovereign/15791

6 hours ago, SilverJacks said:

The SOTD is back available at Chards. Just had an email saying £790, but it's currently listed at £715. At a modest rise from RRP, that's still a great deal right?

https://www.chards.co.uk/2022-platinum-jubilee-strike-on-the-day-sovereign/15791

See my post here:

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/55951-2022-platinum-jubilee-sotd-sovereign/?do=findComment&comment=591349

5 minutes ago, Alz111 said:

Just had a despatch email for a delivery on Monday 

I haven’t a clue what it is as I’ve ordered loads of coins 🤷🏻‍♂️

Check your closed orders and see what's in there you haven't received yet?

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

27 minutes ago, James32 said:

Check your closed orders and see what's in there you haven't received yet?

They’ve started putting the tracking numbers on here too 👌 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

I see that the RM also released an art print.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185248200536?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&campid=5338722076&customid=&toolid=10050

Looks like an edition limit of 130 or 150.

Not that I would want to buy it, but posting it here for posterity’s sake as I didn’t see this on the website.DB79E797-5E33-4343-B7EA-0CA59BCD55F1.jpeg.4aa574bfef52f4de1ddd5d2e781f99ce.jpeg

2 hours ago, westminstrel said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185248200536?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&campid=5338722076&customid=&toolid=10050

Not that I would want to buy it, but posting it here for posterity’s sake as I didn’t see this on the website.DB79E797-5E33-4343-B7EA-0CA59BCD55F1.jpeg.4aa574bfef52f4de1ddd5d2e781f99ce.jpeg

Ohh i feel another art attack coming on @GoldDiggerDave

78av.gif

2 hours ago, westminstrel said:

Still up for sale...

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/events/the-queens-platinum-jubilee/the-platinum-jubilee-of-her-majesty-the-queen-2022-limited-edition-print-by-john-bergdahl/

78av.gif

1 minute ago, westminstrel said:

How on earth did you find that? 😀

I googled the listing title without "5oz" and it popped up! Then wondered why it was impossible to find on the RM website without a direct link! Never saw it for sale on release day either! 

78av.gif

1 minute ago, Paul said:

May be an image of money

Spotted earlier on a bookface flippers collectors group

First toning spotted on these new releases in less than a week already :(  

I was wondering just the other day whether this is the worst time of year to buy silver coins online. They're likely to sit in extremely cold vans or warehouses overnight during the delivery process, which could attract condensation directly onto the coins when they are moved into a warmer environment, even if they are not taken out of their capsules (they're not airtight and they will already contain some air anyway).

Oh well, mine have just arrived so I'll find out if mine are the same soon!

46 minutes ago, Paul said:

May be an image of money

Spotted earlier on a bookface flippers collectors group

First toning spotted on these new releases in less than a week already :(  

Photoshop? 

I don't know why, but that just doesn't look right to me.