• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Platinum Jubilee SOTD Sovereign

Zhorro

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

Well, Balls to spoiling my Sunday off queunig and disapointment

I'm out for bingo, beer and bigger bank balance instead.

Good luck peeps, you got one less competition today ! 

IMG_20220206_124758.jpg

🤣 give me two fat ladies over a sovereign anyway.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

IMG_20220206_124758.jpg

This clip makes me want to go to a bingo hall.  Sure more fun, than the RM queue

2 hours ago, SovereignBishop said:

Anyone else find the royal mint site hides things ? 

Try and manually search for this page Platinum Jubilee of Her Majesty The Queen 2022 Celebration Sovereign (royalmint.com)

Interesting...

It seems to be a "dead" page, as it doesn't have any user actions available, such as "buy", or "register interest".

Weird example of marketing or website design.

Chards

5 minutes ago, Oldun said:

I remember when Sundays were about Sunday roasts,  beans on toast for supper  and s**** tv programmes….now, we are internet loonies chasing unobtanium….oh woe, woe lol

6A89A8FE-53BF-48ED-8F5B-0574F35DAE8A.jpeg

Fraser the undertaker. Great character

32 minutes ago, Paul said:

IMG_20220206_124758.jpg

Well, never won anything first session :( might have to have a wee look on RM at half 2 on my phone. Might get lucky lol

Why is this still available:  The Queen’s Jubilee Sovereign Set gold bullion ?

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/ranges/historic-coins/historic-sets/Her-Majesty-The-Queens-Jubilee-Sovereign-Set/

Is it just gold bullion in a box? Not very collectable? No body want them? I'm still new. Can anybody explain? Thanks

Edited by dioarn

3 minutes ago, dioarn said:

Why this still has stock:  The Queen’s Jubilee Sovereign Set gold bullion ?

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/ranges/historic-coins/historic-sets/Her-Majesty-The-Queens-Jubilee-Sovereign-Set/

Is it just gold bullion in a box? Not very collectable? No body want them? I'm still new. Can anybody explain? Thanks

Greed ?

Is anyone else getting 2 different version on the RM website?   With Safari I'm getting this, and it's only shows tubes of £2 bullion sovs available 

but when I use firefox I get a different front page and the bullion 2022s are showing in stock????????

RM!!.png

RM1.png

RM2.png

rn22.png

3 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Is anyone else getting 2 different version on the RM website?   With Safari I'm getting this, and it's only shows tubes of £2 bullion sovs available 

but when I use firefox I get a different front page and the bullion 2022s are showing in stock????????

RM!!.png

RM1.png

RM2.png

rn22.png

I use Google Chrome and if I search for 2022 Sovereign bullion it comes up with very little.  Using direct links to the coins I wanted to look at still brings the correct page up.  The RM website is a bit of a mess and the search facility is pretty useless.

7 minutes ago, Oldun said:

Greed ?

Are they just normal bullion coins?  is it worth buying with that packaging ? or a ripped-off?  The sets are the only available ones now among the limited Jubilee collation range. Still a newbie here I am. 

Edited by dioarn

You may regard them as just bullion but the finish is likely to be exceptional. I'm not a collector of the SOTD sovs in general as I believe many of the occasions are uninspiring, but the 2017 was a beautiful coin, I almost preferred it to the proof.

Edited by sovereignsteve

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

2 minutes ago, dioarn said:

Are they just normal bullion coins?  is it worth buying with that packaging ? or a ripped-off?  The sets are the only available ones now among the limited Jubilee collation range. Still a newbie here I am. 

welcome @dioarn

there's plenty of useful info to answer most of your questions on the start of this thread

best of luck today magpie79 

1 minute ago, magpie79 said:

welcome @dioarn

there's plenty of useful info to answer most of your questions on the start of this thread

I believe @dioarnis referring to the set containing the bullion 2002, 2012 and 2022 sovereigns for £1800. 

I would suggest £1800 is a lot for three bullion sovereigns, special reverse or not. 

4 minutes ago, dioarn said:

Ultimately bullion coins but there may be a slim chance of an MS70 graded one if they are being presented in a set ? 

2 minutes ago, magpie79 said:

welcome @dioarn

Thanks. magpie79!  Is 2:20 the confirmed time for the SOTD sovs? i have been seating here since 9 am, as I wasn't sure about the release schedule. 😜 

2 minutes ago, dioarn said:

Thanks. magpie79!  Is 2:20 the confirmed time for the SOTD sovs? i have been seating here since 9 am, as I wasn't sure about the release schedule. 😜 

2.30pm but best to try and join the queue from 2.00pm ( won't guarantee a low queue number though)

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

They come with a limited number on the certificate. I assume the coins are no different from normal bullion? Shall I just buy normal bullion if I am interested? 

I'm asking because oblivious I'm a newbie and late to the game lol..... That's only available on RM website for the Jubilee collections