• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 13,000+ forum members.

Platinum 1oz Britannias.

2 minutes ago, Leonmarsh said:

On the forum 

Yes, in light of the 20% VAT that dealers have to charge, the best place is here on the forum. You'll have to wait until they come up though or post a wanted ad. I have managed to pick them up for around spot +15~18%. If you do a search for platinum you'll be able to see previous listings. A paid membership would help you to see any deals as they are posted instead of having to wait 3 days.

Apologies for wasting anyones time on this. I have learned two new things from my posting.

1.Platinum coins are subject to Vat. 

2.This forum has  Platinum section. 

😩

19 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

We have had a bunch recently, all sold VAT free at about 20% over spot price.

I don't have any right now though.

Amazing price, not surprised you don't have any left 😜

I still struggle to see why the premium on secondhand platinum ( and also on new plus 20% VAT on top ) is so much higher than gold.
Ok there is less of a market but maybe that's why ?
I did find the European Mint very competitive for Pt pre-Brexit but when there was a global shortage prices shot up and have never returned to previous levels.

Yes - this forum is probably the best place in the UK right now and I have bought from here in the past.

@HarryKBest to create a wanted post in the UK sale section, I'm sure the someone is going to have a brit at decent price .

@Pete Yes EM had great prices, I remember the 2020 crash when they were selling 1oz for ~ 600 euros (good times) and after that 3 months  of out of stock

Edited by daca

19 hours ago, daca said:

Yes EM had great prices, I remember the 2020 crash when they were selling 1oz for ~ 600 euros (good times) and after that 3 months  of out of stock

March 2020 - a short lived glitch / collapse in price.
I didn't know if it was real but luckily bagged a few coins, Eagles and Brits for around £580 delivered.
Took quite a while to arrive so I started to worry but all came good in the end.
Oh happy days !