• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

4 minutes ago, jultorsk said:

Currently sitting at $21,000 + BP ($25,200 == GBP20,800). Off to a brisk start, IMO - 19 days to go. 👍

yeah - will be an interesting one to watch in Jan :) its as a Heritage platinum night auction that the 2oz silver Una & Lion went parabolic and sold $10,000+

Highest ive seen it go in 2oz gold Una go was the £59,000 in the Coin Cabinet sale, back in the days when we could afford our mortgage, fill our cars and heat our home! 

1 minute ago, James32 said:

Petition crown I'm convinced of it.

Well as my second £5 Charles sovereign set got cancelled. I've the funds already there for whatever it is that launches. Petition crown or wyons trial variant George & dragon or rocking horse (not that it's a particular great engravers design) 

Just now, paulmerton said:

That's what I'd been thinking for a while. Will be amazing if it has the same style of double row edge inscriptions.

I think with all the current mayhem and lacklustre memorial sovereign release, they will really put effort into this. 

I'm expecting the coin of coins, the gothic quartered arm's will take some beating though imho.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

21 minutes ago, James32 said:

I think with all the current mayhem and lacklustre memorial sovereign release, they will really put effort into this. 

I'm expecting the coin of coins, the gothic quartered arm's will take some beating though imho.

Whilst they are out of favour currently. Once the gold  are all in solid, multi year hands. A demand will remain for these I'm very hopeful of. Really too many of the silver to go up in mega terms 

1 hour ago, James32 said:

I am expecting an even bigger mintage than the gothic crown portrait. 

This series may just end up becoming ten a penny.

I am hoping the mint roll the mintages back a bit, to save this series.

I will be buying in any event probably.

6 hours ago, James32 said:

Petition crown I'm convinced of it.

This is the ongoing badly kept secret, but of course I believe the final product will either be the Reddite Crown or simply a plain edge.

The lettering on the Petition Crown will present a significant problem for the mint from a quality perspective. We aren’t even talking about the suggestions of quality issues with the 2022 Memorial Quarter Sovereign here. This is a whole new ball game!

Just a view and very happy to be proven wrong as who would not want a Petition Crown in their collection?! 

3 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

This is the ongoing badly kept secret, but of course I believe the final product will either be the Reddite Crown or simply a plain edge.

The lettering on the Petition Crown will present a significant problem for the mint from a quality perspective. We aren’t even talking about the suggestions of quality issues with the 2022 Memorial Quarter Sovereign here. This is a whole new ball game!

Just a view and very happy to be proven wrong as who would not want a Petition Crown in their collection?! 

Actually a very good point.

I hope they don't take the path of least resistance.

They have proven over and over they have the ability, they just need to focus on quality over quantity.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

9 hours ago, NewCoins said:

Are you teasing us ?

Not at all. Design not mentioned on this page. 😎

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

On 21/12/2022 at 14:16, jultorsk said:

Currently sitting at $21,000 + BP ($25,200 == GBP20,800). Off to a brisk start, IMO - 19 days to go. 👍

https://coins.ha.com/itm/great-britain/world-coins/great-britain-elizabeth-ii-gold-proof-una-and-the-lion-200-pounds-2-oz-2019-pr70-ultra-cameo-ngc-/a/3105-32243.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

Una is now sat at $35,000 USD / $42,000 with buyer premium added.

Auction estimate of $25,000-$30,000 has already been surpassed

Live bidding still doesn't begin for another 12 days 

@Frenchie

Edited by Paul

1 hour ago, foinikas said:

Maybe it will be the petition crown ! I hope it will be that one! A5D4BCE2-24AF-4709-90E0-735E16A00914.thumb.png.71ed627e1deb1cda8209022412dd4035.png

It's been suggested. You can view the gold pattern on heritage USA completed previous auctions. It sold for LOTS. Pics are in this thread on some page in the past three months 

I still don’t “get” the appeal of a reproduction Petition Crown.

If my understanding is correct, it was the subtlety of the portrait (the obverse) and the petition on the edge that elevated the original coin to being of numismatic interest and importance. Not the quartered arms on the reverse.

So may I ask what exactly those of you in the Petition Crown camp are looking forward to, assuming the RM releases this coin as the next in the series?

1. Only the portrait (obverse)?

2. Only the quartered arms (reverse)?

3. Both the portrait and arms (so essentially a 2-coin release like the Gothic Crown last year)?

1 minute ago, westminstrel said:

3. Both the portrait and arms (so essentially a 2-coin release like the Gothic Crown last year)?

Pardon my unenthusiastic drive, Knowing RM is running a for profit business, this is double bubble for them. Two coins out of one release. Hence why it could be an odds on favourite for the next release 

8 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

I still don’t “get” the appeal of a reproduction Petition Crown.

If my understanding is correct, it was the subtlety of the portrait (the obverse) and the petition on the edge that elevated the original coin to being of numismatic interest and importance. Not the quartered arms on the reverse.

So may I ask what exactly those of you in the Petition Crown camp are looking forward to, assuming the RM releases this coin as the next in the series?

1. Only the portrait (obverse)?

2. Only the quartered arms (reverse)?

I like the reproduction of a coin that is otherwise unobtainable(to me anyway), since it has a six figure price tag. That's what I liked about the Three Graces and Una (although they were both better designs). 

I do think a necessity for both sides is problematic though. Splitting the release into two coins just doesn't seem right, unless you're on the RM board.