• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

5 hours ago, watchesandwhisky said:

Una is obviously a very in demand coin still. But auctions can so easily be be fixed , Not that we ever would but two of us here who both own unas could list one and both bid against each other until it was over 100k, hell why not make it 200k?!?, a new record! we then make payment and split the 6% commission cost. For a mere few grand each our coins now have a past sales history of over 200k. Now we list somewhere else with a 160k reserve and hope a wealthy buyer thinks they are getting a bargain.

Shhushhh stop giving away all my secrets😁

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

I also am hoping for something a bit more interesting than the petition crown.  Una, Three Graces, and gothic portrait/quartered arms were all beautiful choices.  Maybe this series has created a tough act to follow by starting at the top?  

19 hours ago, SilverJacks said:

Don't worry guys, it's not the Petition Crown. It's the Reddite Crown

With all these investments at this pace in 2022 and the rising price of gold, it's maybe time to not be so tempted again and make some economy by slowing down the investment, at least for Collection coins (I am aiming for bullion and liquid coins however)
Even if I would love a special and nice design such as the WW St George or a nice Pistrucci design for the next GE, especially with the last QEII, I am secretly hoping it will not be iconic  enough to pass my turn this year 

Edited by Frenchie

1 hour ago, Chrisplym said:

I was told by my Royal Mint account manager that it will be something that I will like, but she is very salesy! 🤣

It'll be some s**** in an over priced box then 

1 hour ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

I've got two account mangers and they tell me FA.  

Mine too just always quote embargoes and dates and can't say feck all 

2 hours ago, Chrisplym said:

@westminstrel That is a very good question. From a coin perspective my likes include sovereigns, guineas, Queen’s Beasts, Tudor Beasts and the previous Great Engravers releases.

Then I hope your RM Account Manager might be hinting at William Wyon’s St. George and the Dragon design. 😊

Very nice coins but way out of my collecting budget - in total for the rest of my life……….

The gold three graces is spectacular- I have the 5 ounce silver and it’s not bad itself.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be happy to have this in my collection. Not the most eye appealing but for what it is, it's the next best to the original which I'll never own. Will sell quickly. Just hope lucky enough to secure. 

I just didn't think they'd release a second crown so early on. I'll be disappointed if don't get my hands on these 

On 29/01/2023 at 11:32, Paul said:

for anyone interested 

https://en.auction-world.co/xpai/lot_A31-3538.html

An "original" Three Graces sold in Japan the past month 

2022111710195165863640_w1200h1200.jpg

2022111710215566465975_w1200h1200.jpg

2022111710240309324092_w1200h1570.jpg

Hammer price and buyers premium = £136,273

Also the silver Una & Lion "pattern" in the same sale 

https://en.auction-world.co/xpai/lot_A31-3594.html

2022120214115565963159_w1200h1200.jpg

2022120214124721578635_w1200h1200.jpg

2022120214143127543914_w1200h1672.jpg

Hammer price & buyers premium - Total price paid GBP £462,294 (!) 

Enjoy :) 

Simpsons iced donut in a couple hundred years?

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024