• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

3 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Heads up they have changed the RM website and I can't find S..T now

Good old RM...like to shake things up🤸‍♂️

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

4 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

I'm gonna ask the question!.......But please do not hate me for it!  What do you think these will re sell for?

To state the obvious, more than RRP! All denominations will do well, it's just a question of how well. 

I might not be as well informed as some but I suspect the mintage figures will go up across the board, and in turn, possibly command less than the Three Graces prices. RM are no fools though and I'm sure they're aware of the danger of too high a mintage reducing the prestige. 

Splitting the coin release into two is another marketing masterstroke by RM. They surely enjoy these frenzied releases. It makes for great publicity and they have taken the opportunity to double up on it. It's almost like a sub-series. Will they sell a 2 coin subscription? Possibly as a small allocation... It creates intrigue for the secondary market.  What will the price be when trying to match these coins as a pair?

With this series being Great Engravers, there's surely a long way to go in it. We're still on the first engraver. I do wonder whether they keep it at 1 coin per year also? Will they keep us waiting a full year for the other half of the Gothic crown? 

Also, if the mintage does get higher along the way, I can see Three Graces prices going north again, I hope so anyway since I held on to mine 😂

I may have gone off on a tangent in response to a simple question. But these are the things I'm considering when trying to guess the prices. I'm going to say a nice round £1000 for the 2oz silver, give or take £500 🤷‍♂️. Might as well pluck numbers out of thin air 😂. Would anyone else like to hazard a guess?

Good luck to all on Monday. I'll count myself lucky if I get anything at all.

39 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

I contacted Lawrence from Chards, and Allgoldcoins. It’s the first time I have tried this since I saw that they both took preorders for the 2022 Sovereign, and I was oblivious to all of that like a village idiot. 😅

But Chards isn’t taking preorders for the Gothic Crown, and Allgoldcoins hasn’t responded to my messages.

No one I know is taking pre-orders. I think the only way to get one is to log in on Monday morning with your fingers crossed. The only pre-orders confirmed are for the plain edge 2oz Gold Proof that are ONLY being offered to certain collectors - with a mintage of only 125. Everything else is, as they say, up for grabs.

1 minute ago, AndrewSL76 said:

No one I know is taking pre-orders. I think the only way to get one is to log in on Monday morning with your fingers crossed. The only pre-orders confirmed are for the plain edge 2oz Gold Proof that are ONLY being offered to certain collectors - with a mintage of only 125. Everything else is, as they say, up for grabs.

It's hard enough trying to log in on release day, and now you're asking me to try doing it with crossed fingers??? I'm convinced you're trying to narrow down the competition 🤔

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 minute ago, James32 said:

It's hard enough trying to log in on release day, and now you're asking me to try doing it with crossed fingers??? I'm convinced you're trying to narrow down the competition 🤔

Very, very good point. Toes?

14 minutes ago, SilverJacks said:

Also, if the mintage does get higher along the way, I can see Three Graces prices going north again, I hope so anyway since I held on to mine 😂

I may have gone off on a tangent in response to a simple question. But these are the things I'm considering when trying to guess the prices. I'm going to say a nice round £1000 for the 2oz silver, give or take £500 🤷‍♂️. Might as well pluck numbers out of thin air 😂. Would anyone else like to hazard a guess?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Royal-Mint-2020-Three-Graces-2oz-Silver-Proof-Coin-Great-Engravers-Edition-/304214405433?hash=item46d4977139%3Ag%3A8DwAAOSwdHZhTDnq&nma=true&si=euczIQYJclIWTnwYw79ZJpeb5aM%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I don't think these will be as popular as the Three Graces 

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

3 minutes ago, James32 said:

No reactions left but 😭😭

Boost your account? Worth every penny. 

3 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

The sellers name says it all - hilarious!!!

4 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

I don't think these will be as popular as the Three Graces 

How are we gauging popularity? By secondary market value? I don't think they'll do as well in that regard, although with Three Graces selling for £2000-£2500 shortly after release, that's a crazy high bar to set.

In terms of RM sell out times, I think Three Graces sold out somewhere within the first 15 minutes. That said, mintages will be slightly higher and their Queue-it system is considerably slower these days so I'm quite confident it will take longer to sell out by a matter of minutes, but the queue will be much larger in number of people waiting since there are so many more people aware of it now.

Market value is the only measure I can think of to gauge popularity, I agree I don't think they will do as well. Ergo you could be looking at £300 for a silver proof in 12 months but what do I know 🤔 I'm only guessing.

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

5 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

I'm gonna ask the question!.......But please do not hate me for it!  What do you think these will re sell for?

My 2 cents worth... 

The 3Gs was no Una and I suspect it'll be the same with this. This will have the same problem that the 3Gs had in so far as they are being bought primarily for flipping and when they're all dumped on the market at the same time prices will inevitably not hold. I've said before on here that the Una was special because it wasn't bought up by flippers - it was bougth by people who wanted the coin. You never got the mass dumping of them and prices remained strong. I don't think any other coin in this series will be the same.

The above being said there will (I believe) still be profit to be had for anyone buying to flip, grade then flip or just hold for the longer term - its just wrong at this point to be comparing any subsequent coin in the GE series to the Una where values are concerned.

Sure, We're all guessing. Another reason Three Graces and Una were so highly priced is because they were remakes of extremely high value originals. The Gothic Crown perhaps isn't quite as prestigious. But it's still a very pricey coin at the higher grade...

I think people may have been happy to pay 2 - 2.5k for Three Graces thinking it was fair priced compared to the Una. Maybe even thought they'd profit on it when graded. Just a thought. I don't claim to hold the facts or anything.

I still say £1000 for the 2oz silver, during first week. Although I want to alter it downwards a tad I'm gonna stick to my guns...

Go on guys, someone else throw a price out there....

1 minute ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

The day the 3G’s came out I sold a 2oz silver for 1.8k and the 5oz silver for 3.2k

I gave a combined postage discount as well! 

even better I got some topcashback! 

I really need to stop visiting the "Today I Received" page as I spend all my likes there 😂

You did alright there buddy. Just wondering, do you remember your queue number to have bagged a 5oz? 

I still don't see you guessing a price either mate, since you asked the question...

4 minutes ago, SilverJacks said:

I really need to stop visiting the "Today I Received" page as I spend all my likes there 😂

You did alright there buddy. Just wondering, do you remember your queue number to have bagged a 5oz? 

I still don't see you guessing a price either mate, since you asked the question...

Cant remember the queue number as I was totally losing my S..t when the gold 2oz disappeared out of my basket……….

Just now, GoldDiggerDave said:

Cant remember the queue number as I was totally losing my S..t when the gold 2oz disappeared out of my basket……….

😂😂😂 You managed to get a look at the gold 😮.

I remember being around 1200 in the queue, which I consider fortunate. Didn't fancy my chances with anything other than the 2oz silver...

20 minutes ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

its just wrong at this point to be comparing any subsequent coin in the GE series to the Una where values are concerned.

Great point, well said.