• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

11 minutes ago, Paul said:

All of them as it seems... <--- Turns out I had sold items filter on

Edited by coinory
Edit

Maybe the way forward is just to buy standard Gold bullion and sovreigns, can never go wrong and will always get what you want. We all get caught up in the hype with these new releases,get stressed on release day and pay well over the top premium wise.

The only people that really benefit are the RM and the Flippers...Stick to bullion...we all might live longer without all the stress.. 🙂

2 hours ago, BarryWoods said:

So.

Basically people like me. that bought in good faith on the secondary market are utterly screwed.

What does 'buying in good faith on the secondary market' mean? Presumably, you'll get that chance again.

I was itching to get one even for eBay If not for anything else but for small YouTube project just to show it  on the video, But my rule about not making hasty decisions and following crowd in FOMO is stopping me from it, So I think I will sit it out, Wait for a good deal if I ever come across or just skip the whole thing... 

1 minute ago, coinory said:

I was itching to get one even for eBay If not for anything else but for small YouTube project just to show it  on the video, But my rule about not making hasty decisions and following crowd in FOMO is stopping me from it, So I think I will sit it out, Wait for a good deal if I ever come across or just skip the whole thing... 

The "Flippers" will have their credit bills to fund & Wonga loans to repay for the next few months at least, there'll be no shortage of resellers

1 hour ago, Simmoleon said:

Surely the issue is RM picked a coin which couldn’t be minted as a single coin as both sides are iconic. So they produced two coins and then instead of selling them all as a pair decided they would be released separately. It was then anticipated that the portrait would be a general sale as per the first but if that occurred there would be multiple buyers upset that they either had one or the other of a two coin series hence, wouldn’t be happy with the mint.

So they decided to offer continuity which then alienates all the buyers who had to purchase off the secondary market as they are now not going to be able to purchase a RRP and cost, pain and frustration of sorting it. 

I put this down to a lack of foresight and communication issue from RM; a single coin depicted over two coins needs to be sold in continuity or you are going to create a number of future issues but the expectation either changed or wasn’t set and now we have this current scenario. If in December the mint sold all of them as a two coin set, then yes people would still be fuming they missed out but they would understand what options they had. 

When I rang last Friday to chase up my 5oz silver, I enquired about the continuity option that I somehow missed at the time. The fella said once the sales went on, it was noticed early that they never added the continuity option on the website straightaway so part way through they introduced it. He said there was no way for him to get me onto the continuity option, so makes me wonder if they've sold out today then who managed to get a single 5oz silver if I have the first one of the two? As it is I still don't have the coin so maybe they won't actually send it out to me & end up cancelling my order.

6 minutes ago, Paul said:

The really key questions we should be asking are

• What the next release ? 
  • When is it ?
  • How much will it be ?
  • What is the mintage ?
  • Is it next Monday ?

I think the next continuing thing will be the British Monarchs. and it will continue to be the main series till the end of this year.

Perhaps April / May will also see the second Tudor Beasts.

Then there’ll be the random commemorations of famous people interspersed, until we get to the end of the year.

Mid year will probably be the Five Sovereign.

Second half of the year will also see the third Tudor Beasts. Ugh!

If the rumour about the Reddite Crown is true, I expect it to be around November / December. That’s usually been when the Great Engravers coins have been released. UGHH!!

And year end will also see the 2023 Sovereign. UGGGGHHHH!!!

People will need second and third jobs to keep up.

Just now, westminstrel said:

I think the next continuing thing will be the British Monarchs. and it will continue to be the main series till the end of this year.

Then there’ll be the random commemorations of famous people interspersed, until we get to the end of the year.

If the rumour about the Reddite Crown is true, I expect it to be around November / December. That’s usually been when the Great Engravers coins have been released. UGHH!!

I signed up to both 1oz and 2oz Tudor Beasts continuation sets for my collection and its a decent deal, as free delivery and a free box chucked in saves a few quid and no headaches so on the day i just need to log in to try to get one for my mate in Canada as he wants the 1oz set but missed the continuation sets, after that its see whats out there to flip and fund my wonga bill or my Indian Takeaway bill plus a couple of bottles of fizz... 

I don't know how many monarchs there will be but i have the 5oz so we will see what happens with that... 

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

5 minutes ago, MickB said:

When I rang last Friday to chase up my 5oz silver, I enquired about the continuity option that I somehow missed at the time. The fella said once the sales went on, it was noticed early that they never added the continuity option on the website straightaway so part way through they introduced it. He said there was no way for him to get me onto the continuity option, so makes me wonder if they've sold out today then who managed to get a single 5oz silver if I have the first one of the two? As it is I still don't have the coin so maybe they won't actually send it out to me & end up cancelling my order.

Yep that is strange, I assumed they were offering continuity to all buyers of the first coin. I know when my 5oz silver had issues they said they wouldn’t be minting any further coins so a replacement or re-strike wasn’t an option. So I naturally concluded that all the 5oz coins had already been struck at that point - that was the week of the first release 

9 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Reading this out of context lends a very different understanding. You dirty boy. 

17 minutes ago, Paul said:

The "Flippers" will have their credit bills to fund & Wonga loans to repay for the next few months at least, there'll be no shortage of resellers

Yeah, I'm happy to play the waiting game and pick up a few, when the credit card bills are due.

Also considering just bumping a wanted ad in the buy&sell section on a weekly basis, offering a "reasonable" price.

11 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

I could do with a good break from RM releases, as could my bank balance.

Hopefully I get that opportunity.

Just now, Darr3nG said:

Yeah, I'm happy to play the waiting game and pick up a few, when the credit card bills are due.

Also considering just bumping a wanted ad in the buy&sell section on a weekly basis, offering a "reasonable" price.

Friend thinks if you up you're reasonable price you will succeed 🏃‍♂️

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

just sent off an email to my RM account manager, - and got an immediate auto-responder, that may be of help to others awaiting allocations/pre orders

Hello  XXXXXX,

Thank you for your email.

I have limited access to my emails, and will respond as soon as i can. 

If your request is with regards to the second Gothic Crown coin, and you purchased the first coin through me, please rest assured that you will be taken care of and you will have the same coins for the Portrait as you did for the Quartered Arms.

Kind regards,
XXXXXX

This e-mail originated from The Royal Mint Limited or one of its group entities. The information in this e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the Royal Mint's IT Security Officer using the e-mail address: ITSO@royalmint.com.
The Royal Mint Limited whose registered office is at Llantrisant, Pontyclun, Mid-Glamorgan CF72 8YT, United Kingdom (registered in England and Wales No. 06964873).
 Scanned by FuseMail

4 hours ago, SovereignBishop said:

I said that, he said they didn't even announce it publicly but only to those who would receive one. He said it's people on the forums Chinese whispers that have created todays madness. His words

36 minutes ago, Paul said:

The really key questions we should be asking are

• What the next release ? 
  • When is it ?
  • How much will it be ?
  • What is the mintage ?
  • Is it next Monday ?

No more speculation - we do not want to upset the RM again!

Old.jpg

1 hour ago, MarkV said:

Yep, the continuity is automatic but what I meant was forum members who got a continuity AND a single quartered arms haven't been offered the option to buy another portrait - presumably RM have decided that they're already getting a continuity portrait so shouldn't be offered a second one. The result is there's an amount of unallocated portraits which weren't put up for grabs in the Monday morning bun fight - where dd they go? 

Ah I see.

Well if anyone got two, they should be grateful the lucky so and so's! I don't suppose there will be many in this boat though.

Yes, they don't deserve two portraits as well.

As to the unallocated ones; the clue will be the fact the Mint phones lines are hot, any extras will be up for grabs to those buyers the Customer Relations people deem fit to receive one.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon