• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Sovereign design revealed?

4 minutes ago, Leonmarsh said:

Why get involved in this rat race at all, wouldnt give the mint a penny looking forward to the my 2022 is c**p and dinged thread which will inevitably follow 

Don’t ruin it for us. 😂 Some of us have had to sit on our wallets for months.

Have you ever thought about getting a job at RM as a quality control person?

c**p - bin it.

c**p - that’s not a proof.

c**p - scratched.

c**p - In the melting pot for you.

Just chuck ‘em all out. 😆

1 hour ago, Richym99 said:

My fear is that any sort of intricate reverse design will be ruined if it they use the rose gold that they have done for every sovereign since 2017. Together with the changes to the minting process, we are likely to see a repeat of the 2012 abomination.  

I bet you a gold sovereign they will use the red gold because they still think it is traditional, and have not realised many / most people like god to be yellow!

6 minutes ago, Foster88 said:

Should I be concerned that I didn’t receive the email to invite me to sign up for the email? 🤔

No, you're the lucky one! 😎

Chards

23 minutes ago, Foster88 said:

Should I be concerned that I didn’t receive the email to invite me to sign up for the email? 🤔

I’m not sure the email means anything as far as preferential treatment is concerned.

It’ll be a mad rush on release day for all and sundry (the latter being those who get one when they enter, slip out the back gate, and then come back through the front for yet another). 😉

7 minutes ago, Foster88 said:

I think an announced release is better.

I’m not sure everyone will agree but should there be a limit on how many can be bought per customer?

Typically it’s been 1 per customer of each product.  Sometimes the limit is 3. For special releases anyway. 

35 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Typically it’s been 1 per customer of each product.  Sometimes the limit is 3. For special releases anyway. 

I can't remember what the limit has been for the sets as I don't tend to buy them but I'm not sure there is usually a limit for sovs snd halves. Those tend to take a few days to sell out.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

3 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

I can't remember what the limit has been for the sets as I don't tend to buy them but I'm not sure there is usually a limit for sovs snd halves. Those tend to take a few days to sell out.

Do you think this could be an exception to the norm? Especially with non enthusiast flippers coming to the fore? 

2 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

YeH anyone expecting a three graces return on this i’m sad to say it will be a let down. As @LawrenceChard has said special year sovs are not too special. 

If we don't see the Three Graces stampede for them I'd be happy 😂

21 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

YeH anyone expecting a three graces return on this i’m sad to say it will be a let down. As @LawrenceChard has said special year sovs are not too special. 

I didn't say they were not special, just that they are not extremely rare, or even rare.

I fact, they are becoming quite common.

...and that was only for the non Pistruccis, and does not include all the privy marks, struck on the day, struck the day after, reverse proof, strike your own, strike someone else's, gone on strike back next week, limited edition presentation, and ....

😎

Chards

3 hours ago, FlorinCollector said:

@SilverJacks Ill go all out here and tell you that you will get one easily.

Especially if you order them a well-known coin dealer in Blackpool! 😎

What are they called, now?😎 😎

Edited by LawrenceChard

Chards

28 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

That's true but on the other hand it isn't like buying a brand new car and losing half it's value straight away either.

Unlike other coins you may collect where the premium evaporates away they are all currently selling for more than their original Royal Mint sale price.

7 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

I didn't say they were not special, just that they are not extremely rare, or even rare.

I fact, they are becoming quite common.

...and that was only for the non Pistruccis, and does not include all the privy marks, struck on the day, struck the day after, reverse proof, strike your own, strike someone else's, gone on strike back next week, limited edition presentation, and ....

😎

You forgot strike while the iron is hot and strike it lucky, that gameshow from the 90’s. 😆

18 minutes ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

And can we reserve them from our favourite dealer?

I hope so!

Who would that be, now? 😎

17 minutes ago, Foster88 said:

You forgot strike while the iron is hot and strike it lucky, that gameshow from the 90’s. 😆

Encore! 😎

That gameshow is a little before my time, though.

Edited by LawrenceChard

Chards

22 minutes ago, GoldStatue said:

That's true but on the other hand it isn't like buying a brand new car and losing half it's value straight away either.

It seems that some secondhand cars are sellling for more than new ones, mainly people wanting them now instead of having to wait.

It did use to happen with some expensive, exclusive marques and models.

Does this mean car flipping is about to outdo BitCoin and Crypto?

I know of a few people who have flipped cars, but they were mainly footballers, and not advanced drivers. 😎

Chards

29 minutes ago, Bixley said:

I didn’t know they were based in Switzerland!

We're not, but I could be persuaded to work from Verbier or Zermatt.

Of course, we might have to increase our prices!

I did recieve some advice to wear a helmet when skiing, otherwise if I suffered a head injury, I might end up being a vegetable.

😎

Chards