• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Sovereign design revealed?

14 minutes ago, danmc82 said:

Strange that my 6 coin set is no longer showing in my orders. Will have to give them a ring.

😭😭 what's the 6th coin in the set? 

Gold dust?

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

31 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Not sure if people saw it, but Chards has a video up of the 5-coin set and the single Full Sovereign in hand.

That Five Sovereign really is something!!! 😍

Growing on me quickly 

24 minutes ago, SilverDrum said:

FoR SaLe!! 🤪 Who want's this one of one, super limited, mostly between the lines, never to be reproduced atrocity.. open to offers!

Colour print.jpg

😅😅😅Your dedication is heartwarming 👍

31 minutes ago, SilverDrum said:

FoR SaLe!! 🤪 Who want's this one of one, super limited, mostly between the lines, never to be reproduced atrocity.. open to offers!

Colour print.jpg

You have got to put that up for a charity auction! I’d start it off with £10

4 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Why would anyone pay £1,300 when you can get the 2021 Proof Sovereign for about £600 and the 1926 for like £400 or so?

And actually, I recall now that earlier this year they had done a 3 coin set which was about £1,999 or so and included the 2021 Strike on the Day Sovereign as well. 

I’ve had a brainwave!!!

Firstly, I stand corrected… earlier this year they released a bullion set of the 1926 and 2021 Sovereigns.

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/events/the-95th-birthday-of-her-majesty-the-queen/The-95th-Birthday-of-Her-Majesty-The-Queen-Birth-Year-Sovereign-Set/

Now they’ve released a “premium” set which contains the Proof version of the 2021 sovereign.

The edition limit is… 100.

A few pages back I did some calculations and we learned that they’ve held back a few 100 of the 2022 Proof Sovereigns.

CBAB868E-7A90-42A1-8DCD-A7F222F99130.thumb.jpeg.c793c8bf59929c24a379c31ba8600416.jpeg

So I suppose now we can expect these to be used in some special set next year?

10 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

So I suppose now we can expect these to be used in some special set next year?

I thought this but the royal mint stated that the only way to get the 5 sov is via the 5 coin set (screenshot attached) so I think as its a special year the additional will be gifted to key royal dignitaries, diplomats, commonwealth countries, presidents that fly in etc around the jubilee celebrations. With full sov being more plentiful they will be gifted more widely whereas the 100 5 coin sets will be reserved for the more "important" folk (and 10 of each for Trial of the Pyx of course 😊)

383927409_Screenshot2021-11-18at13_08_44.thumb.png.ed27671ce453471285adef5c3a803f8d.png.

Looking for 1981 and 1983-1984 GOLD Ghanaian coins

5 minutes ago, Heirlooms said:

I thought this but the royal mint stated that the only way to get the 5 sov is via the 5 coin set (screenshot attached) so I think as its a special year the additional will be gifted to key royal dignitaries, diplomats, commonwealth countries, presidents that fly in etc around the jubilee celebrations. With full sov being more plentiful they will be gifted more widely whereas the 100 5 coin sets will be reserved for the more "important" folk (and 10 of each for Trial of the Pyx of course 😊)

383927409_Screenshot2021-11-18at13_08_44.thumb.png.ed27671ce453471285adef5c3a803f8d.png.

That also makes sense for the 5-coin sets and the single Full Sovs, although there’s more than enough of the latter for them to do a limited edition of 70 sets paired with some other year dated Sovereign of minor significance. 😬

5 minutes ago, Heirlooms said:

That still seems like a massive unforgivable lie if one could own a proof edition simply by becoming a president of a small country (or anything else that also happens to be easier than surviving the queuing system).

6 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

That still seems like a massive unforgivable lie if one could own a proof edition simply by becoming a president of a small country (or anything else that also happens to be easier than surviving the queuing system).

I have just planted a small flag in the corner of my new kingdom of Andrewville in London. When do I meet Lilibet and will she or Charles gift me the set? Oh, and we use the gold standard here, thank you very much. Fiat is meaningless in Andrewville. 

5 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

I have just planted a small flag in the corner of my new kingdom of Andrewville in London. When do I meet Lilibet and will she or Charles gift me the set? Oh, and we use the gold standard here, thank you very much. Fiat is meaningless in Andrewville. 

Is that you prince andrew😎

1 hour ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

You have got to put that up for a charity auction! I’d start it off with £10

That could actually be a good destination for it! Was either going on my mums fridge or into the bin 🤣

1 hour ago, James32 said:

😅😅😅Your dedication is heartwarming 👍

The mint just rang and offered me a job! They want me to colour in the rest of the Sov's before they post them all out...

78av.gif

3 hours ago, paulmerton said:

Maybe next time RM should ship all 14,700 Sovereign sets to an Amazon Fulfillment Centre before putting them up for sale. They'd all be delivered the next day without any problems.

Yeah right,  half would be left in the bin or thrown into the the neighbours garden never to be seen ever again!

39 minutes ago, James32 said:

Is that you prince andrew😎

No. He is in the tower awaiting deportation.

I am King Andrew the first, Supreme Ruler of the Land of Andrewville. Lord of the Mint, Lord Admiral, Four Star General and Chief Tax Collector. I also used to be Head Chef but I burnt the pasta.