• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Fed up with eBay

pricha

On 19/06/2021 at 09:44, darkninja1985 said:

Found this little listing on eBay, looks too good to be true

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255021253399?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1431.l2649

What's peoples thoughts on this listing?

Dreadful fakes, are these bids genuine? I was told never buy a gold bar off eBay , but especially if there are no photos of the side.  The thickness is a dead giveaway.  Has already been said, if you found these you'd be off straight away to the jewelers to get them tested. I have reported hundreds of items like this and nothing ever happens .

2 hours ago, Atomic47 said:

Ive done with ebay

Today I sold a watch for 375 plus 6 quid postage. Ebay charged me 49.31 !!  for the privilege. Its my own fault for not taking notice of the fees but that its, I'm done with ebay.  

You know you would have paid more overall if it was still eBay plus PayPal?

Prior to managed payments you would have been charged 10% by eBay and 2.9%+30p by PayPal.  So your total fees would have been £49.45.

eBay Managed Payments has actually saved you 14 pence!

Edited by Goldhooked

14 hours ago, pricha said:

Dreadful fakes, are these bids genuine? I was told never buy a gold bar off eBay , but especially if there are no photos of the side.  The thickness is a dead giveaway.  Has already been said, if you found these you'd be off straight away to the jewelers to get them tested. I have reported hundreds of items like this and nothing ever happens .

I'm surprised how much it has gone up to!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255021253399?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1431.l2649

What mentality of person finds gold bars, in protective material/s, and does not bother taking them to a jeweller or pawn shop for verification ....... :rolleyes:

Someone should write a book of ebay scams in all their differing guises, whilst ebay would doubtless attempt legal action, Amazon would surely make it a best seller!!

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.

Did you see those bars sold for £490. That's a expensive gamble or a bargain. Was it you?

8 hours ago, Bigmarc said:

Did you see those bars sold for £490. That's a expensive gamble or a bargain. Was it you?

Lol it wasnt me i just put in a cheeky bid of a tenner lol. I can aford to lose £10 on a fake bar not £490 😂

I wouldn't be gambling on it for sure. If you read the wording it says they have 'been weighed and magnet tested' doesn't say whether the weight was accurate or if it was magnetic though after the test 🤔😂

A scammer could theoretically say... Has been xrf tested... As opposed to has been xrf tested and indicated genuine 

I just don't see why someone wouldnt take it in to any shop and get it tested, especially if they acquired it for free 

Still on the topic of ebay does anyone have a contact number that's active and goes to a human? 

Cheers

1 hour ago, modofantasma said:

Still on the topic of ebay does anyone have a contact number that's active and goes to a human? 

Ebay can be contacted through your account using the help/contact tab, they lead you on a merry dance at first trying to avoid any human contact but there is a button to speak to them. Although recently i note that you can't call them, they ring you...

1 hour ago, VelociteeSteel said:

Ebay can be contacted through your account using the help/contact tab, they lead you on a merry dance at first trying to avoid any human contact but there is a button to speak to them. Although recently i note that you can't call them, they ring you...

the problem I'm having is that I can't get into my account because they locked it when I added an item for sale presumably after having my account but not using it for 10 years, they will send a 2fa code but they wont send the 2fa code until I confirm the 'other ebay id associated with my address' maybe a previous owner of the house but I've been here for years! Tried to get a friend to do it through their account but to contact me and they didn't 

Well i think i've being scammed yesterday.

I've bought a 10oz High relief coin ( €460,- ) ,  and yesterday i recieved the package with the box and coa but no coin. 🤕
The sellers has a 100% Feedback score (i always check).

I immediately contacted the seller. Unfortunately no response so far, so I reported it to Ebay. And have to wait for a response before 29-06.
At first I thought it was a mistake but now I doubt it. 🥺

2 hours ago, TheBeast said:

I've bought a 10oz High relief coin ( €460,- ) ,  and yesterday i recieved the package with the box and coa but no coin. 🤕

I immediately contacted the seller. Unfortunately no response so far, so I reported it to Ebay. And have to wait for a response before 29-06.

I'm sorry to hear about your potential loss; crazy as it sounds, on those rare occasions I buy anything over a few pounds in value from ebay, I ask a family member to video the package oponing.......

Good luck in getting your cash back.

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.

8 minutes ago, Coverte said:

I'm sorry to hear about your potential loss; crazy as it sounds, on those rare occasions I buy anything over a few pounds in value from ebay, I ask a family member to video the package oponing.......

Good luck in getting your cash back.

Thank you for the tip! 
Today im going to weight of the package. Maybe it's the same or has a 10oz / 311 grams difference. 😉

I still hope the seller will contact me and come with a solution.
So fingers crossed.

12 hours ago, TheBeast said:

That is terrible .  Bizarrely i had a half sovereign sent yesterday from an established seller . An empty capsule fell out of the envelope and my heart sank .  I looked inside the envelope and there was the coin in a plastic wallet. The seller had kindly posted a capsule for the coin but probably thought it better to post it in the wallet.  I was going to suggest you check your envelope but a 10oz would be obviously seen.   

On 23/06/2021 at 23:40, pricha said:

That is terrible .  Bizarrely i had a half sovereign sent yesterday from an established seller . An empty capsule fell out of the envelope and my heart sank .  I looked inside the envelope and there was the coin in a plastic wallet. The seller had kindly posted a capsule for the coin but probably thought it better to post it in the wallet.  I was going to suggest you check your envelope but a 10oz would be obviously seen.   

The seller reacted that the did send the coin, but the communication goes very slowly… 

Now I opened a case on EBay, so I hope I get my Money back from PayPal/ eBay / dhl / but I’m afraid they all going to point at each other.

Just now, TheBeast said:

Than you’re very lucky!!

The seller reacted that the did send the coin, but the communication goes very slowly… 

Now I opened a case on EBay, so I hope I get my Money back from PayPal/ eBay / dhl / but I’m afraid they all going to point at each other.

11 minutes ago, TheBeast said:

Most people agree eBay favours buyers over sellers. What is his feedback like. 

11 minutes ago, TheBeast said:

All perfect… seller since 2005.

mine is negative.. 

E3A2F6A2-7E50-4425-9B1F-E2E23D0C8E21.jpeg

I'd would personally have waited for the outcome until i left negative feedback but i can understand your feelings. I'd be going crazy. That would finish me with eBay . Hope you get a good result. 

5 minutes ago, pricha said:

I'd would personally have waited for the outcome until i left negative feedback but i can understand your feelings. I'd be going crazy. That would finish me with eBay . Hope you get a good result. 

Well the seller didn’t felt any compassion, no solutions or anything. So for me it’s a negative feedback.

11 hours ago, TheBeast said:

Well the seller didn’t felt any compassion, no solutions or anything. So for me it’s a negative feedback.

I hope you get refunded in full. 

Does ebay buyer protection still apply like it used to or would one need to pay by credit card instead of debit card?

What a messy situation! Hope all is resolved soon :)

I tried getting into ebay myself but was only able to buy one item before my account was blocked due to "security reasons". Maybe it is the VPN, my email provider, the fact my paypal and account email were different or something else I'm completely unaware of (because they didn't justify the suspension) - so, fortunately, when I read posts like these I am grateful for not being on ebay, avoiding all this headache - at the same time I'm grateful we all have this forum to buy/sell on, far more reliable and personal/personalised than ebay - cutting out the middleman, p2p!

Always shipping with re-used or biodegradable packaging.

Looking to sell some items to fund a holiday. I've got some items for sale. PM me or check my profile if interested: Hitler's 3rd Reich 2 Reichsmark Coins, Roman Imperial Denarii and Other silver coins/items.

I forgot to post on this thread - I saw a genuinely interesting coin on ebay which was no doubt genuine in the photograph - as usual I looked at what else the seller was selling.

In between a few high grade coins priced at GBP750 there was also a couple of counterfeit coins that were so blindingly obvious that a child would have spotted them.

It really is hard to fathom if people lack the experience and knowledge to spot a clear counterfeit or are simply trying it on.  I suspect the worst!

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys