• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The coming Gold crash

Wonger
Message added by ChrisSilver

⚠️Please remain respectful to other members even if opinions differ. The truth is that no one knows what the future price of Gold will be and no one can predict with any certainty what it will be. People can make assumptions and guesses based on what they think will happen but at the end of the day anything can happen.

The future price of gold will either be the same, higher, or lower. So please debate respectfully of fellow members even if they have a different opinion or opposing views to the majority of members. 

No member will ever be banned for having a different opinion to another member but members who are rude and disrespectful do risk their account status. Please be polite and respectful of all members, we wish to maintain a pleasant place on TSF ⚠️

5 hours ago, OneBlueSummer said:

where would you throw $5k for medium to safe risk highest yield in 6 months?

I personally would not be short equities until SPX $3328 and the short 30 year UST is not a short term trade, so I have a choice of long equities until SPX $3328 then short, or right now short WTI and long Tankers TNK, STNG, LPG, EURN, DHT, TNK and STNG are the bang for the buck (just look at charts) but we decided to also include LPG, EURN and DHT as they diversify the risk somewhat, however on a 6 Month time frame I expect I would be fine holding the Cash also for increased purchasing power as Gold is going down!

Edited by Wonger

Up day yesterday in equities. All frothing over the inevitable return towards a better economical environment, which is basically zero right now so anything is better than now.

Edited by Oldun

I wasn't going to chime in on this thread, all the acronyms and charts make me think of sunny afternoons stuck sat around a large table with other folk wearing over priced silk ties wishing I was rolling on the floor with the happy Labrador outside; it's headache inducing. However, as someone who doesn't and never has actively traded in the markets I must ask; how can projections over the worth of commodities/equities etc be made reliably using data from trends in the markets during times of such unpredictability? I know any given weekday suffers from unpredictability but a global economic (almost) shutdown, a maybe it is maybe it isn't deadly pandemic, military movements covered by questionable stories, mass protests worldwide only stymied by social distancing rules, mass currency 'printing' and hugely bloated housing and debt bubbles all going on at the same time...to plot a chart and say "well it's obvious isn't it?" seems unlikely at best, unless you happen to be a major string puller of course. I'm not disparaging anyone's comments, thoughts or advice just wondering my own thoughts in writing...for me, times like this suggest hedging into something real, or tangible at least. 

28 minutes ago, Liam84 said:

I wasn't going to chime in on this thread, all the acronyms and charts make me think of sunny afternoons stuck sat around a large table with other folk wearing over priced silk ties wishing I was rolling on the floor with the happy Labrador outside; it's headache inducing. However, as someone who doesn't and never has actively traded in the markets I must ask; how can projections over the worth of commodities/equities etc be made reliably using data from trends in the markets during times of such unpredictability? I know any given weekday suffers from unpredictability but a global economic (almost) shutdown, a maybe it is maybe it isn't deadly pandemic, military movements covered by questionable stories, mass protests worldwide only stymied by social distancing rules, mass currency 'printing' and hugely bloated housing and debt bubbles all going on at the same time...to plot a chart and say "well it's obvious isn't it?" seems unlikely at best, unless you happen to be a major string puller of course. I'm not disparaging anyone's comments, thoughts or advice just wondering my own thoughts in writing...for me, times like this suggest hedging into something real, or tangible at least. 

The markets are only very very lightly related to the economy and thats because the markets are rigged to fool the masses and economic figures are pure lies thrown in for good measure, so dont worry, were not rocket scientist far from it, its all about controlling risk and losses just like a blackjack player, its actually very mundane and not at all exciting as seen one chart seen them all and Im in T Shirt and Flip Flops 😁  

Edited by Wonger

What happens if some countries get away from the dollar? Several have tried and then been invaded by the USA as part of the effort to stop them.

Mox Metals Logo Small.jpg  moxmetals.co.uk

Ethically sourced, 100% recycled .999 silver bars & other precious metal coins, bars and collectables.

(Mox, crowned The Silver Forums number one hairy chest in the Northwest - as voted for by @CazLikesCoins, a lady who's seen more than her fair share, allegedly...)

15 minutes ago, Wonger said:

The markets are only very very lightly related to the economy...

So how else do you explain the recent falls other than in direct reaction to business suspension and lockdowns, killing earnings and economic activity.  What do the markets follow if not the economy, in your view?

Edited by Martlet

42 minutes ago, Martlet said:

So how else do you explain the recent falls other than in direct reaction to business suspension and lockdowns, killing earnings and economic activity.  What do the markets follow if not the economy, in your view?

Same as I can explain any days market moves, sometimes they are related to economic news events and sometimes not because they simply can not make up enough excuses at the end of each day to explain away the moves, traders know the economic news events are just a way to try and explain market moves to the masses when those moves have nothing to do with the economic news events, WTI recent rally for an example thats already fallen back 50%, but the oil cut remains, it was an announcement to explain away a short busting rally that destroyed any shorts from $31 down that were sitting pretty or they thought and thats why we shorted into it at the close on the Friday and again on Thursday's crazy action above $31 as bottoms do not look like that in general   

Edited by Wonger

13 hours ago, Wonger said:

Increased Gold June futures shorts today at $1785, same old story, were going down and nothing has changed, lets get ready to rumble!  

gccotlatest.PNG

I was going to buy gold, between wonger, harry dent, and mike maloney, I don’t know what to do ahhaa, I will hold for the time being.

13 hours ago, Wonger said:

You be quite correct, were now shorting like bandits, the rally was impressive in the June futures (not so much spot) i admit, but not as impressive as the sell off thats coming now!

Although, I do think you are hoping for a slump in gold more so than factual evidence, & going by past records is not as relevant today due to the amount of money being printed and pushing people towards gold and silver. 

10 minutes ago, Martin1983 said:

Although, I do think you are hoping for a slump in gold more so than factual evidence, & going by past records is not as relevant today due to the amount of money being printed and pushing people towards gold and silver. 

Entirely agree that the amount of currency printing would lead you to believe that inflation is coming and fast, but the debt defaults dwarf this, I notice the Spot Futures difference is now down to just $26 having been $60 just 48 hours ago, I view that as bearish as the speculators have obviously stopped buying and the commercials are making their move on them 

Edited by Wonger

US Mint suspends gold coin production along with silver. Will that have much effect?

Mox Metals Logo Small.jpg  moxmetals.co.uk

Ethically sourced, 100% recycled .999 silver bars & other precious metal coins, bars and collectables.

(Mox, crowned The Silver Forums number one hairy chest in the Northwest - as voted for by @CazLikesCoins, a lady who's seen more than her fair share, allegedly...)

5 hours ago, Mox said:

US Mint suspends gold coin production along with silver. Will that have much effect?

Not a lot if you mean regarding paper price. 3 major refiners shutdown in Switzerland didnt do squat. Guess it might raise the premium on physical US Mint stuff.

Edited by Uksilverstackers

58 minutes ago, Wonger said:

275,000 net commercial futures shorts wont worry too much!

Based on this and your previous comment on what date do you expect this to take effect and what is a rough range for the gold price then ?

On 24/03/2020 at 13:20, Wonger said:

Sixgun yes correct and your not on the same side as JPM and Goldman, thats your trouble! 

I think I understand this but please clarify, as I read the article you posted https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/goldman-gold-time-buy-currency-last-resort

And Goldman says buy buy.. for now, also kinda contradicted himself a couple times. But the majority was buy now, so are you saying he is just full of c**p and do the opposite of what he says to do?

Or are there other articles where JPM and Goldman are actually saying/and or proof of them shorting the market?

Even though they hold 100's of millions in PM. I can understand why they would want to pump and dump... so when everyone else looses there but when this financial impact really subsides they will still be holding the paper to buy unlimited PM.

Meanwhile, In the real world, depending on which variety of oil you trade, and where you take delivery the price has dropped 99 percent today.

Some oil trading negative.  If you own a supertanker that can take 2 million barrels, the oil producers will pay you about USD40 million to take it. 

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

17 minutes ago, dicker said:

Meanwhile, In the real world, depending on which variety of oil you trade, and where you take delivery the price has dropped 99 percent today.

Some oil trading negative.  If you own a supertanker that can take 2 million barrels, the oil producers will pay you about USD40 million to take it. 

Best

Dicker

How much are super tankers and where can I get one 😉 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

5 hours ago, dicker said:

Best

Dicker

If thy do that with gold I got huge backyard and will even rent a lory to grab it. 

😁