• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The coming Gold crash

Wonger
Message added by ChrisSilver

⚠️Please remain respectful to other members even if opinions differ. The truth is that no one knows what the future price of Gold will be and no one can predict with any certainty what it will be. People can make assumptions and guesses based on what they think will happen but at the end of the day anything can happen.

The future price of gold will either be the same, higher, or lower. So please debate respectfully of fellow members even if they have a different opinion or opposing views to the majority of members. 

No member will ever be banned for having a different opinion to another member but members who are rude and disrespectful do risk their account status. Please be polite and respectful of all members, we wish to maintain a pleasant place on TSF ⚠️

6 minutes ago, Elements said:

Any professional trader knows that a bottom does not look like the WTI action last 2 days and its a short squeeze into the weekend setting up a gap down open, so would short into any strength going into the close!  

On 24/03/2020 at 23:43, Wonger said:

Do you really think that consumers buying food and amazon goodies will overwhelm the complete deflationary collapse of global securities resulting in inflation pushing up Gold? Really? 

I think wonger is a good sport but IMHO he has a point re gold & silver. I am personally neutral on both because I'm a collector not a stacker & don't worry about spot prices.

But re this Coronavirus hysteria it has shown what your average punter in the street is interested in & its not gold or silver its toilet rolls & food & cheap pharma (paracetamols aspirin etc).

When this thing blows over the majority of people in the western world will be in the s--t re their jobs housing etc, most are in the s--t the 1st week they don't get paid. So I do not think there will be a rush to buy gold or silver. I may well be wrong but there is always two sides to a coin so to speak.

I'm more surprised that gold in particular is not way higher than it is now with stock markets all over the world down sharply & miners shutting up shop. Personally with this corona farce I would have expected gold to be over $2000 per oz.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

Screen Shot 2020-04-04 at 6.57.28 pm.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-04 at 6.58.04 pm.png

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Personally I use technical analysis to gauge whether the market is trending or not and to buck the trend when it's making bullish market structure would be none other than foolish. Until the previous higher low gets taken out the bull trend is still in tact. image.thumb.png.bedd3ad359eed02ae675142e86709bda.pngimage.png.7c899e9f081f20991d46213b57d24c24.png

Edited by Andy1

3 hours ago, Andy1 said:

Personally I use technical analysis to gauge whether the market is trending or not and to buck the trend when it's making bullish market structure would be none other than foolish. Until the previous higher low gets taken out the bull trend is still in tact. image.thumb.png.bedd3ad359eed02ae675142e86709bda.pngimage.png.7c899e9f081f20991d46213b57d24c24.png

We are heading to $2,000

5 hours ago, jultorsk said:

Screen Shot 2020-04-04 at 6.57.28 pm.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-04 at 6.58.04 pm.png

The commercials are still net short 280,000 Gold contracts, Gold is going down!

Open interest does not have any effect on price only the actual net positioning, speculators could be long 500,000 contracts and short 500,000 contracts giving a huge open interest reading of 1,000,000 contracts, but no net position, these could then be reduced to being long 100,000 contracts and short 100,000 contracts without a move in the price, because as before there is still no net position, the price will not move until net positions are being formed!  

goldcot.PNG

Apologies up front...got a little bored...

Closed interest does have an effect on speculation of only the false net positioning, speculators could be short 500,000 contracts and long 500,000 contracts giving a small closed depreciation reading of 1,000,000 contracts, but with 100% net position, these could then be increased to being short 100,000 contracts and long 100,000 contracts with a move in the speculation, because as lastly there is still net position, the speculation will move until net positions are being destroyed!

AC4496F8-BECA-4A60-841D-909D06C89A9C.jpeg.482da527d3563f62b77d4b9286a604aa.jpeg

11 hours ago, zhoutonged said:

How big is your short position wonger?

Personal exposure and desk exposure to short Gold futures at this present time is lets say interesting! 😉

However this is in addition to various other interesting positions that include short 30 TSY (long term) short s&p's (short term) short Bitcoin target $1200, long oil storage TNK, STNG ,LPG, EURN, DHT added Friday medium term, short WTI medium term, Short Silver medium term as is Gold

Edited by Wonger

Short gold right now is a pure gamble play. I'm neither bull nor bear, I just like to make money. Hopefully you have a stop loss. My goal is not to make money, its really not to lose money, the rest follows. I'd stay long gold, no reason not too at this point. 400-600 is an absurd statement, no reason to take that serious. You can print all the graphs and charts you'd like. Color them with your crayons and frame them.

Gold crashing - i knew i should have gone down hard.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

5 minutes ago, Minimalist said:

My TA indicates that the spot price will head near $3,000 in the next few years

Although I tend to stay away from the monthly chart it gives a nice top down perspective, Fibonacci extensions line up perfectly with your targets! image.thumb.png.677926a8d9aa52fb9925a89a5cb3e329.png

Edited by Andy1
Incorrect photo