• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

Within a few hours Trump has his trade deal Boris has a massive majority and Brexit is now “sorted” and golds down 2% this is a cracking hold up for the yellow metal!! For these two to come true I was expecting double digit % losses. It’s now game on for America entering a recession... 

fti my understanding of elliott wave stacks the odds

against a tradable buy physical position in gold for

this winter. the duration of likely moves up in price

in the coming year doesn't give enough room for error

against the risk.

likely cases for both bull and bear gives meagre gains

for holding physical during 2020. a buy maybe in late

2020 looks more likely a better risk to reward ratio.

HH

Hi all, the next upcycle in gold and silver has begun, i'm expecting upside 20% in gold price and c.30-35% from the recent lows over the next 5 months, just from a charting perspective if you believe in that sort of thing 

I make those targets 1300.84 for gold and 16.89 for silver over the next cycle 20 odd weeks or so, i'm thinking that silver will spike on the very last day of the upwards cycle, i'm looking for 17.50 or near as for a top out, we'll see. 1300.84 & 16.89 look like a good bet to me, the last upcycle from may to September 2019 moved up by these %s, no reason to think it won't happen again, history repeats, human nature never changes 

1 hour ago, Notafront4adragon said:

So the price in dollars hasn't moved much at all.

Isn't this recent small rise just down to the pound losing value since Johnson proposed preventing an extension to Brexit date in law?

yes that is correct but the expected % moves will happen in the dollar over the next 5 months from the recent respective lows in the dollar 20% for gold & 35% for silver, in bull markets these cycle lows move those percentages, gold and silver moved 20% and 35% in the last cycle low in may, i'm betting that will happen again, just my opinion on reading charts, most people believe charts are rubbish, I don't

1 hour ago, Notafront4adragon said:

Isn't this recent small rise just down to the pound losing value since Johnson proposed preventing an extension to Brexit date in law?

the Trump impeachment headlines around the world might be a reason for our recent little uptick 

could be, to be honest I just use charts and cycles, I tend to ignore news on the whole, gold moves up for c20 weeks at a time consolidates for a few weeks then lifts off again in a bull market, in my opinion we are in a bull market so 20% is what normally happens so that is what I am expecting, technical analysis is more an art than a science but cycle wise, indices are expensive and long in the tooth and gold and silver are cheap and worth a punt. when the cycle comes to an end the stock market will move on again despite the impeachment, funny enough the last 2 impeached presidents were a positive for the US indices, probably will be again, it's a weird world that's for sure, have a good one, enjoy the move up 

2 hours ago, Notafront4adragon said:

I love stagnation, it gives me a chance to swap out and buy a more profitable item, sell then buy back with profit...it's easier then trying to pick peaks and troughs to worry yourself into the grave...sold 40 eagles at $17 each, bought a ring, sold ring for $3000, now I can buy 170 eagles back...that's the second time I did this, first time it was 24 eagles and got, $2000 for the bracelet, bought 115 eagles...I love stagnation.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow...let trump get his way and our gold and silver go up and our pensions drop...unless we have 3/4 of our money in pms then it's tits up for benefits of this stupidity....don't they think Iran can do the same thing over here, the ira managed to do it with little to no money compared to,an oil rich nation like iran.