• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

Yup - the HGM chrome-extension "ping" as your alert would go off for the 3% oddity small coin that would apear 

The £370 1/2 oz gold at the bottom was was from our own @arshimo2012 my cheapest gold coin per oz  - still doing the same good deals & prices five years on :) 

wish i was buying sovs then rather than panda, think i only had a couple under £200.   got some nice 1/10 panda for £80      

On 18/02/2020 at 00:11, goldking said:

Sixgun: if we end up in a deep recession it's likely that the prices will tumble in the short-term.  History is a certainly a good indicator there.  But with the insane levels of fake money printing still going on with no end in sight, I'm feeling like it's not going to see the big dip down like many seem to be expecting/hoping for.  Looking at the charts for last week, it averaged around £1212 in our money.

Prices have fallen but actual physical coins have not fallen like the paper price - the premium has gone up. i have heard several industry people point out the price of gold in 'volume' is way more than the retail price. i won't be selling myself but you are quickly and have luck you might make a few quid.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

2 minutes ago, sixgun said:

Prices have fallen but actual physical coins have not fallen like the paper price - the premium has gone up. i have heard several industry people point out the price of gold in 'volume' is way more than the retail price. i won't be selling myself but you are quickly and have luck you might make a few quid.

Not selling here either.  I'll still buy if any coins come up at spot or less.  I see another new high a short while ago in GBP - £1243.67 :blink: and it's bouncing around the £1243s as I write so could push even higher this evening.  Not as high in USD today as the dollar remains strong (comparatively). 

Just now, 5huggy said:

The "RISE" before the "FALL" IMHO! 😉

You reckon Shuggy?  Unless China magically cures itself I'm feeling it will continue to edge up to an unknown ceiling.  A lot of companies big and small are now crapping themselves over supply issues and are having to adjust their projections.  I don't feel it will fall £200 like it did late last year or even anywhere close to that, unless we/US properly enter a recession, then all bets are off :lol:.  Through £1244 now and still climbing.  Interesting to watch! :)

The sudden rise must be why the seller of the 4 x 1gram 24ct gold bars I bought on eBay last night refunded me without a reason. 😡😩

I’ve never had this before, the reason given is ‘Buyer asked to cancel order’....Hmmmm no I didn’t. Very frustrating, they’d be almost 6-7% under spot price now. 

Ah well.

48 minutes ago, Foster88 said:

The sudden rise must be why the seller of the 4 x 1gram 24ct gold bars I bought on eBay last night refunded me without a reason. 😡😩

I’ve never had this before, the reason given is ‘Buyer asked to cancel order’....Hmmmm no I didn’t. Very frustrating, they’d be almost 6-7% under spot price now. 

Ah well.

That's pretty bad style...

• Founder & Administrator

Not sure what is happening in here, but there has been some reports.

Please keep posts on topic to the relevant topic. This topic here is for discussing silver price movements in GBP.

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Any irrelevant/off topic posts after this post will be hidden. Thanks for keeping this topic on track.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

I will get the discussion back on topic @ChrisSilver.

November 2018 I managed to complete a backdate 10 x 1oz Gold Queens Beast Lions cost me £1250 per coin. At the time I was doubting if spot Gold ever get to £1250 an ounce and if I made the right decision. Looking at the spot price and premiums on these coin I would not be in position to back date them now....IMG_0524.JPG

15A7D379-7BB8-427D-9E76-29C312A86DF3.jpeg

Edited by Abyss

8 hours ago, Abyss said:

I will get the discussion back on topic @ChrisSilver.

November 2018 I managed to complete a backdate 10 x 1oz Gold Queens Beast Lions cost me £1250 per coin. At the time I was doubting if spot Gold ever get to £1250 an ounce and if I made the right decision. Looking at the spot price and premiums on these coin I would not be in position to back date them now....IMG_0524.JPG

15A7D379-7BB8-427D-9E76-29C312A86DF3.jpeg

Sorry to say @Abyss that’s still over spot think you paid £5 too much 😂😂😂😂😂😂.    Trouble is now you are committed and will cost you £50 odd more than the loin for the new nag!!!!!!!     Well done on having the balls to do it and I’m excited to see the 100 Oz stack is hen finished 

I think this corona virus linked with amount of exports from China, that are now not happening has a big influence on this.  Affect the yen. Trade figures etc

Had a TV interview on news yesterday with "JCB" locally to me not being able to take delivery of major inventory for required construction industry 

It has major worldwide implications if it continues to spread

19 minutes ago, Nick1368 said:

but why is this happening ? 

Said up thread already :

1. Supply fears from China due to coronavirus.  Apple issued profit warnings the other day.

2. Investors in stocks are getting worried that the "everything" bubble is going to pop soon and are shifting into gold as a safe haven hedge.

3. Dollar continues to be strong = pound weaker which is why gold is currently gaining price in GBP but not so much in USD.

As for your third point... gold actually seems to be gaining across currencies, it is at record levels on the dollar and the euro already, and sterling is playing catch up. Well the dollar high is $1,896, it's still a way to go there...

Edited by goldmember44

Just now, goldmember44 said:

As for your third point... gold actually seems to be gaining across currencies, it is at record levels on the dollar and the euro already, and sterling is playing catch up.

if the positive "brexit boris bounce" GBP/USD hadnt happened we would at all time high in GBP now as well 

1 minute ago, goldmember44 said:

As for your third point... gold actually seems to be gaining across currencies, it is at record levels on the dollar and the euro already, and sterling is playing catch up.

Gold would need to be $1896.51 to be at record levels.  It's a long way off that.