• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

49 minutes ago, LemmyMcGregor said:

At some point we'll go the Turkish way due to inflation, they'll cut a few zeros, gold will be all the way down below 400 and Wonga will be right. Just have faith in the system.

Keep the faith 

22 minutes ago, CANV said:

I think golds done well to hang in over 1600 smackers , but im more concerned about the 2k USD level.   

And gold has dpne well to stay above $2k. It would appear that we are still on an uptrend and dangerous to be short.

I  had expected more downside than what we just had.

commodities are still falling. oil is comfortably below the levels where Saudi Arabia 'said' they would cut production (these so called opec production cuts seldom materialise in the real world, they need the loot) 

I think gold could easily transition from the inflation hedge into the get stuff of the grid hedge in the general publics eyes.   of Course on here nearly everyone is well down that road ! 

Saudi and Mexico looking to Join BRICS. This could get very interesting. The death of western currencies seems inevitable at this point. The WEF aligned economies all seem to be ushering in CBDC's. The next big step towards a world government and the full global control they're desperate for. BRICS will be triumphant though.

IN MY OPINION.

So looking good for gold and silver

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves

9 hours ago, bobski said:

Saudi and Mexico looking to Join BRICS. This could get very interesting. The death of western currencies seems inevitable at this point. The WEF aligned economies all seem to be ushering in CBDC's. The next big step towards a world government and the full global control they're desperate for. BRICS will be triumphant though.

IN MY OPINION.

So looking good for gold and silver

IMO also....  It seems clear that the BRICS star is rising and the star of the west (or call it whatever else you want, sounds a bit too Tolkien-ish, that)) is falling, and all of these desperate control measures like CBDC, digital ID and all the rest of the bollocks is nothing more than final desperate measures to retain a control they are rapidly losing.

Another way of looking at it is the 7 stages of empire theory as written by John Bagot Glubb in his superb 26 page essay. According to that, the old established nations of the west are now in their final stage of decline, having existed for more than 250 years, and it is quite amazing how all of the factors this bloke postulated back in the 1970s are now with us and very much a reality. Well worth a read.

Anyway, back to gold : £1606.16 as I write.

https://medium.com/i-m-h-o/7-stages-of-empire-fcc641b07875

Edited by flyingveepixie

32 minutes ago, flyingveepixie said:

IMO also....  It seems clear that the BRICS star is rising and the star of the west (or call it whatever else you want, sounds a bit too Tolkien-ish, that)) is falling, and all of these desperate control measures like CBDC, digital ID and all the rest of the bollocks is nothing more than final desperate measures to retain a control they are rapidly losing.

Another way of looking at it is the 7 stages of empire theory as written by John Bagot Glubb in his superb 26 page essay. According to that, the old established nations of the west are now in their final stage of decline, having existed for more than 250 years, and it is quite amazing how all of the factors this bloke postulated back in the 1970s are now with us and very much a reality. Well worth a read.

Anyway, back to gold : £1606.16 as I write.

https://medium.com/i-m-h-o/7-stages-of-empire-fcc641b07875

You nailed it in summary. We’re witnessing the death of the empire. Gold to the moon!!

Well, once I’ve stacked a bit more of it anyway

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves

What are everyone's thoughts on a dip if the US/UK head in to a recession later this year?  I follow lots if Youtube financial channels and most expect a big downturn at some point and gold usually dips initially before a big rally in these scenarios. 

15 minutes ago, LightningSilver said:

What are everyone's thoughts on a dip if the US/UK head in to a recession later this year?  I follow lots if Youtube financial channels and most expect a big downturn at some point and gold usually dips initially before a big rally in these scenarios. 

Could well happen, or it could go the opposite way. It's a fickle business.

42 minutes ago, LightningSilver said:

In my limited experience, I think if you “wait and see” you either tend to win big or lose big. Average in a little every week/month and smooth out the peaks/troughs and all being equal, you should do ok 

55 minutes ago, LightningSilver said:

If you wait you will wait forever, for me if i can afford gold then I buy it regardless of how I think which way the markets go, as I have alway got the ability to generate more Fiat to live on.

Don’t buy more than you can comfortably afford to hold. 

53 minutes ago, EdwardTeach said:

Is that The Fate of Empires book?

It's titled "The Fate of Empires and Search for Survival", and is a 26 page easy read. 

http://people.uncw.edu/kozloffm/glubb.pdf

I see there is a book of the same title by a different author...probably similar subject material. Is that the one you refer to..?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fate-Empires-Arthur-John-Hubbard/dp/5518593228

Edited by flyingveepixie

43 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Honestly too many people kick the backside out of it, down to the enth dredges margins percentages and  that dirty word DELIVERY!  

Does it matter if I paid £197-£220  for a sovereign in 2017? 

Setting aside for a moment the considerations of manipulation in terms of the paper and virtual PMs market by dodgy bankers, It's always worth reminding ones self that it's not really the price of gold which is going up, but is the value and purchasing power of fiat which is going down

Edited by flyingveepixie