• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

8 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

£1600 is looking like the new support level now.  I'm still trying see at what point higher interest rates will start to have a negative effect on gold.  However we are in bizarre times and less people have faith in the banks so we could have the perfect scenario interest rates keep on rising and it doesn't have an impact on gold and that keep on rising......what's not to like about that? 

£1850-£1900 for the end of this year is not looking unrealistic 

Agreed I tend to think in USD for global commodities, either way $2k looks more like support than resistance going forward, if $2k holds a move to $4K over the next 3-4 years is likely imo. I reckon we part company over the prospects of the white metals which I see outperforming by an order of magnitude over the same period. The "West" is in terminal decline the Chinese are moving from bicycle power to motor vehicles whilst we move in the opposite direction.

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

@GoldDiggerDave The FOMO is real in the USA. More and more daily reports of LCSs and bullion dealers being wiped out, which didn't happen in 2008, 2020/21 or at any time in the memory of the owners, who tend to be older gentlemen. SD Bullion and other online dealers posted recorded sales in the past few weeks. Great opening line in this video, also the last 2 minutes are very interesting

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

I think for those lucky enough to be sat on a nice stack there will be opportunities to make use of that cash however given the relatively fast recent rise its going to be harder to justify buying much until prices settle.

I know for myself I've gone from buying solely ounces to mostly buying soverigns this year as it feels like I'm spending less.

That said we speak as people who watch the market, scour the classifieds, take pride in knowing the value of everything and trying to get the best deals. The general public may moronicly fomo in with money they can't afford to lose buying all the London mint company c**p they can get their hands on.

To really kick off though I think we need to see the continued undermining of the petrodollar, when you can't trust the usd then gold I'd the last resort. Usd is defacto currency in many countries where officialy they have their own currency but its weak. If that changes it will be a stampede to gold and this forum will be worse than wall street bets!! 

Maybe I can be the first to offer a 'wen Lambo?' (Then ban anyone else who posts such obnoxious garbage)

11 hours ago, apachebleu said:

I think for those lucky enough to be sat on a nice stack there will be opportunities to make use of that cash however given the relatively fast recent rise its going to be harder to justify buying much until prices settle.

I know for myself I've gone from buying solely ounces to mostly buying soverigns this year as it feels like I'm spending less.

That said we speak as people who watch the market, scour the classifieds, take pride in knowing the value of everything and trying to get the best deals. The general public may moronicly fomo in with money they can't afford to lose buying all the London mint company c**p they can get their hands on.

To really kick off though I think we need to see the continued undermining of the petrodollar, when you can't trust the usd then gold I'd the last resort. Usd is defacto currency in many countries where officialy they have their own currency but its weak. If that changes it will be a stampede to gold and this forum will be worse than wall street bets!! 

Maybe I can be the first to offer a 'wen Lambo?' (Then ban anyone else who posts such obnoxious garbage)

The collapse of the petrodollar is almost certain in my mind. I watch/listen to several hours of American (mostly) political/finance/cultural commentary, a day. It’s coming

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves

6 hours ago, Bars said:

Looks to be heating up in Taiwan, could see some price action next week.

careful, that's political

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves

10 hours ago, Paul said:

Ooooooohhhh that sounds painful. Have several hours out in nature walking in the woods or along the coast instead 

TV, newspapers, radio, social media etc are all mood hoovers 

I get out a lot mate. my adhd requires almost constant stimulation, hence the obscene amount of podcasts. multitasking focuses me lol.

5 minutes ago, Skyfiller said:

What happened on Friday morning? Never seen that except for weekends!

6F450C62-B0CE-4086-BA5B-5C097FC71BAD.jpeg

dollar to GBP ratio i think

A good overview of what's happening. i can see gold going even higher this week

12 hours ago, Bars said:

Looks to be heating up in Taiwan, could see some price action next week.

Yep, I hope so.

Will double my turnover and give me more money for Goooooold.

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

Nobody ever knows.

people quote all the factors, political, financial, and geographical disturbances but it means nothing. It’s a yo-yo.

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

1 hour ago, NGMD said:

Nobody ever knows.

people quote all the factors, political, financial, and geographical disturbances but it means nothing. It’s a yo-yo.

it definitely doesn't mean nothing, it's just hard to predict without good AI/algorithms taking hundreds of variables into account. I suspect the market is being manipulated right now, in order for some country to buy gold reserves, then to the moon lol