• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please do not use this section to share affiliate links, this is against forum rules. We do not want the forum to become full of spam links. Please note the announcement here, which explains in more detail

2 minutes ago, modofantasma said:

What coin are we talking about?

this one 

https://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/proof-sets/proof-sovereigns/gold-proof-2019-sovereign-boxed/

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

18 minutes ago, RDHC said:

Still available, at about the same price. I liked the first one so much that I bought a second. I wonder how many they have? I don't have deep enough pockets to find out.

Due to stock availability you are unable to purchase 999 of "Gold Proof 2019 Sovereign Boxed". The maximum available is 208.

2 minutes ago, modofantasma said:

Due to stock availability you are unable to purchase 999 of "Gold Proof 2019 Sovereign Boxed". The maximum available is 208.

Unexpected! It was down to £410 yesterday morning but I managed to resist. If they have that many to shift then it might be worth holding out for a sub 400 price as I can't imagine it selling out soon.

Just now, paulmerton said:

Unexpected! It was down to £410 yesterday morning but I managed to resist. If they have that many to shift then it might be worth holding out for a sub 400 price as I can't imagine it selling out soon.

Maybe, but they could remove the discount?

18 hours ago, ArgentSmith said:

Have never used Tavex previously, but tried to buy on recent dip and payment failed, later made successful payment. Ordered two gillicks nice box but below is what arrived. Can't really argue with the price but spot the two surprises.

Obviously pot luck as with any bullion dealer.

Screenshot 2022-05-19 at 16.15.20.png

IMG_4886.JPG

IMG_4885.JPG

Is that cross actually on the coin ? 

17 minutes ago, James32 said:

Bottom sov can't be a gillick lol....ended in (73) I believe 🤣🤣

It did not say Gillicks, it said QEII sovs which includes Machin heads realised this makes no sense, no sovs from 69-73 so had to be Gillicks :) 

image.png.41a071147069f074cd2c1fca340a19b7.png

Edited by Orpster

9 minutes ago, Orpster said:

It did not say Gillicks, it said QEII sovs which includes Machin heads

image.png.41a071147069f074cd2c1fca340a19b7.png

But the with the dates shown for illustration ,you can see why @ArgentSmith was expecting gillick? I almost ordered a pile myself and definitely would of expected gillicks 🥴

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Just now, James32 said:

But the with the dates shown for illustration ,you can see why @ArgentSmith was expecting gillick? I almost ordered a pile myself and definitely would of expected gillicks 🥴

Absolutely, same here.

Just realised as well that one received was a 1976 - definitely not within the scope of what they advertised which was absolutely up to 1973

@TavexBullion I think this definitely deserves at least a response, one defaced coin and one not within the advertised date range is not the service forum members here have come to expect?  This needs to be made good

image.png.f6b98013000fe9d4d301ac144b076b0b.png

34 minutes ago, SovereignBishop said:

Is that cross actually on the coin ? 

Saw the date issue, but did not realise that it had a pen mark on it - thought it was on the capsule. 
Considering gold is not far from its ATH that would certainly be going back!! 

Edited by Stacktastic

I contacted Tavex a few days ago through their online chat to ask if they were able to tell me which years of the Gillick sovereigns they had in stock.

I appreciate that it’s random whichever year you get but I thought I’d ask on the off chance.

They asked me what a Gillick sovereign was. I explained but was a little surprised they didn’t know.

But given the benefit of the doubt it could have been an apprentice or someone new on the other side of the online chat.

1 minute ago, modofantasma said:

Gillicks had 10 available dates between 1957 and 1968. @tallthinkev could confirm 😉

You're a trouble maker...but I stand corrected, the gillick ran to 68 🤣🤣 

I can't even use the edit option as I've been quoted 😕 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 minute ago, James32 said:

You're a trouble maker...but I stand corrected, the gillick ran to 68 🤣🤣 

I can't even use the edit option as I've been quoted 😕 

I know because I'm waiting for 1 date to come up so I can complete a run of them 😂😭