• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Queen’s beasts Falcon gold proof should be out soon

*tada*

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep looking at it, I think they should have made the shield a bit smaller, brought the head gown a bit and made the wings higher to make it more imposing.      Is it the same designer?   I’m sure they must mace changed it for the lunar after the first 2 great designs and the primary school efforts since.    Will see what bullion version looks like now

With the proofs in the series being a bit more detailed with the design difference I reckon the bullion version should look good as the series has been pretty decent. I can't see it going the way the lunar series has gone.

It looks slightly better in Silver, just a pity its wings aren't right also its right foot is webbed you should see shiny silver between his toes, a minting error similar to the Dragon and Phoenix

What is the second Falcon standing on is it a tube of 20 coins with a luggage bungee cable on it, prize for the first correct answer.

6919979a-c12f-41a4-b56c-af5a9e43375f.png

Well I guess people have high expectations when it comes to Queen’s beasts as RM set the bars high for themselves with the previous coins, obviously this one doesn’t look as majestic as the other coins but if you’ve been collecting them then you’ll probably buy the falcon as well no matter how terrible it looks.

Right! If you’ve stared the series, at this point you gotta suck it up and continue even if you aren’t sold on the designs, or begin off-loading your coins and quit the series. 

I think most people who’ve been collecting will find the design growing on them as it’s not an ugly coin, it’s just that it sticks out like a sore thumb stylistically. If you look at all the coins together so far, this one looks very out of place. Even though I haven’t been collecting, this sort of thing saddens me as I love design and aesthetics - and I admire Jody Clark. Not sure what he was thinking here though.

5 minutes ago, Seasider said:

Have the proofs come out before the bullion version?  Isn't that odd?

Different branches of the Mint, right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing. It can be a bit disorienting, think Dr Strangelove... only with coin poduction.

Oh I had assumed RMB was just a sales arm and did not get involved in the production as well.  I did wonder if they thought the bullion versions had detracted from the sales of the proof in the past and were testing the water to see how the proofs would do without the competition.

1 hour ago, Bagenz said:

What is the second Falcon standing on is it a tube of 20 coins with a luggage bungee cable on it, prize for the first correct answer.

Before and after diet 

F1ACED9A-9A27-474B-8208-EB2BD76A1803.jpeg

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

I am not crazy about the design but will get a bullion version to keep up my set there. I haven't read all the responses in this thread but has anyone noticed that the mintage of the 1/4 oz. gold proof is set at 1250 max. mintage, 250 coins lower than the previous issues.

I bought one but I am late to the series and this is my first QB... now need to get the others.. hmm

PROUD to be TRANSRACIAL.

Biology IS bigotry.

Coronavirus is made up and no-one has died from the imaginary virus.

Well....I am a slave to the series so going to have to pick them up...

I will say this, it is stylistically different, but I quite like it. Mrs BYB likes it which is always a good sign, she has picked some gems before!

Her reaction to the lunar "dead or dying" pig (as it shall henceforth be known) was, "What? What on earth were they thinking! Wait, is this a joke?" She also followed up by saying, "it is almost as bad as that bloody dog!"

These (and many other) comments are some of the reasons I love Mrs BYB so much 😀😀😀😀

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

I've been getting the 1oz silver proofs but I have a confession to make.. I didn't buy the bull, I kept meaning to but never got around to it, it wasn't a very exciting design to have

I'm going to find it hard to buy this one because it's not very appealing 

Kind of hard to cough up £200 for two coins you aren't fussed to have

I guess I'm not much of a collector

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

4 hours ago, westminstrel said:

I think most people who’ve been collecting will find the design growing on them as it’s not an ugly coin, it’s just that it sticks out like a sore thumb stylistically. If you look at all the coins together so far, this one looks very out of place.

I agree with @westminstrel, this coin doesn’t appear In keeping with the stylized design of its predecessors however, it’s not unpleasant on the eye.

I’m not collecting the proof Silver or Gold but I am committed so far to 2oz & 10oz bullion Silver and 1/4 Gold.  

It will be interesting to see the bullion versions and even more interesting to see what the mintages turn out to be in time.  I think the evidence is an evolving pattern of smaller mintages as the series goes forward- hardly surprising, two releases a year is difficult to sustain.  

ok so I bought 1/4 oz, had no intension and can ill afford it at this time, what with a new car for the lady wife for her 60TH ysterday , and insurance due on my two , but I am being sucked into the series , ah well its only money :D

dean m

How fast did the previous ones sell out and were they priced the same? I am assuming they were.

PROUD to be TRANSRACIAL.

Biology IS bigotry.

Coronavirus is made up and no-one has died from the imaginary virus.

Just now, austack said:

How fast did the previous ones sell out and were they priced the same? I am assuming they were.

APMEX still has the bull 1oz gold proof for sale, but the dragon and unicorn went fast

Archived