• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Queen’s beasts Falcon gold proof should be out soon

*tada*

On 28/08/2018 at 15:53, GrahamDiamond said:

Jody was out on the Lash with me the night before he was drawing his Final Draft of the new Falcon Coin. So he was Hanging that day Coinster,s, it,s partly my fault it looks like The American Eagle, just saying.

What were you two drinking, Everclear? :wacko:

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just caught up on this and at first thought it was a joke/hoax.  Its so bad, i'm actually quite pee'd off.  Yes, the design itself is not terrible per se, but as part of this series its awful diversion from the style.  It doesn't resemble the medieval heraldic origins its supposed to follow it looks more like a US or Germanic eagle.  Not what i signed up for and thinking i'll drop the series as I don't know why i should support the Royal Mint if this is their attitude to a series.

Design doesn't fit into the series somehow. 

Seems I'll stick to my previous selection: quarter gold bullion, 2 oz bullion and 1 oz proof silver, and the sheet metal piece. 

By the way, any experiences to share about the platinum beasts? 

The more I see this design, the more I like it.  My first impression was negative (although not to the point I wouldn't buy it), and I didn't think the pose of the falcon was flattering.  However, it does make sense to me that a protective stance is a reasonable design choice, and it's just difficult to make a falcon look as good as a Dragon, Griffin, or Lion.  These proof coins also look very different depending on how light reflects.  In my opinion, the picture on the Royal Mint website shows off the coin and design better than the initial post, which was probably from MCM.

Falcon.png

Just Bought today  😑 

royal mint person service ring and ask me do I want one because they Will be sold out very soon so I reply yea please ...... I forgot they aren’t free coins ..... 🤣 why did I buy two ? I don’t have a clue 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

It's not a bad coin, it's just so incongruent.

I'm thinking this might make or break the series (I think it will always do well but we all know the potential on these, if fully realised, is stellar)...depending on the next design. If this is an aesthetic 'one off' it may be the one key coin that some ignore mid-series, and later highly sought-after. If the later coins follow this kind of design then the first Beasts will imho be the ones that anybody wants.

@TheCoinConnection has them for sale at lower price than RM.

Also a bit smaller mintage this time around: base package is 400 with special package 45. Total of 445, down from the bull or the dragon's total mintage of 500. 70 grade through rate seems to be very high.

6 minutes ago, mr-dead said:

Proof coin out of capsule - check

No white cotton gloves - check

Just triggered a nosebleed

Proof coin out of capsule for grading 

and white cotton gloves will increase risk of dropping a coin 

I just wash my hands that’s all 

you can post your coin with a capsule to Ngc but they will not use glove to take your coins out anyway so what’s the point 

84B7B8CA-720C-4425-BB5D-E38EEAAFE09E.jpeg

Thanks @fehk2001 looks lovely in hand :)

Just not sure it's a 'queen's beast' still...

Whatever NGC do at their end (and I often dread to think!) I do like to keep things clean and tidy here, and am a big fan of the powder-free disposable Nitrile gloves (like those they use in hospitals). I so often see folks use cotton gloves wrongly in videos so they are as near as anything pretty useless imo (I'm sure @mr-dead is one that uses them correctly). They handle the outside of the gloves first (makes the whole thing pointless), they handle other stuff with them on they've already touched with bare hands...no mention of washing such gloves (and if you do you have washing residue on them anyway) the list goes on.

Just slip on a dirt cheap pair of Nitrile gloves direct from the box and touch coins only is my mantra :)

Of course that is only after I've given a coin the good ol' 'spit and polish' (on a T-shirt) treatment :P

On 29/08/2018 at 19:07, Martlet said:

Just caught up on this and at first thought it was a joke/hoax.  Its so bad, i'm actually quite pee'd off.  Yes, the design itself is not terrible per se, but as part of this series its awful diversion from the style.  It doesn't resemble the medieval heraldic origins its supposed to follow it looks more like a US or Germanic eagle.  Not what i signed up for and thinking i'll drop the series as I don't know why i should support the Royal Mint if this is their attitude to a series.

On 29/08/2018 at 19:07, Martlet said:

You know what two balls are!

Actually I am going to send back this coin because I have just notice there is a tiny dot/ dirt  on the pigeon s left wing 

brush a few times the dot/ dirt  doesn’t come off so yea send back 

6 minutes ago, fehk2001 said:

Actually I am going to send back this coin because I have just notice there is a tiny dot/ dirt  on the pigeon s left wing 

brush a few times the dot/ dirt  doesn’t come off so yea send back 

Anything from the Mint (including - and especially- such a premium coin as this) needs to be checked carefully imo :(

13 minutes ago, kimchi said:

Anything from the Mint (including - and especially- such a premium coin as this) needs to be checked carefully imo :(

I though I have blown all the dust away but I didn’t 

so try to brush it afterwards but it looks like it’s a tiny bit of metal attached on the wing instead 

the brushing does wonder on the queen side though 

2 minutes ago, fehk2001 said:

I though I have blown all the dust away but I didn’t 

so try to brush it afterwards but it looks like it’s a tiny bit of metal attached on the wing instead 

the brushing does wonder on the queen side though 

Yeah I think I see that little bit of metal on the wing :(

Archived