• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

15 minutes ago, ccfcpaul said:

very cool that. I asked someone on ebay to make me something similar made from wood!. I wanted to be able to have an image of the main brit silhouette in the middle..... he didnt get back to me :( 

Thanks 👍

I also wrote to many sellers, they either did not respond or said no, because they do not do it 😕

3 hours ago, Zeton said:

Hi All :) 

I'm slowly planning a box for my QB set. I can't buy a ready-made box, I came up with another way, having access to a 3D printer :) 

I bought a box on ebay and now I'm trying to make an insert for QB using a 3D printer.

Unfortunately, I didn't pay attention to how much material there was on the roll  🙈

Yes, I know, it's not perfect, but it's only half of what it was supposed to be, I'm waiting for the next print :) 

The best thing is that such an insert can be adapted to any box and made of many materials, plastic, rubber, etc., different colors and finishes.

what do you think ?

- I'm still looking for the last coin for the set (1/4oz Griffin), someone wrote to me that he had to check if he had it, so maybe I'll have the whole set soon :) 

3D49BD23-1717-46BB-A2FE-4BCCD7B243A0.jpeg

972D16EA-5485-4DDB-94B5-58CA005C7A74.jpeg

Not a box design for me, but great idea, well done! 🤔bit of a sideline possibility 🤔🤔 great coins😮👍

2 hours ago, ccfcpaul said:

very cool that. I asked someone on ebay to make me something similar made from wood!. I wanted to be able to have an image of the main brit silhouette in the middle..... he didnt get back to me :( 

There is a member who engraved sovereign designs on coasters last year.  His name is @BullionBuyerUK look in the other non precious metal category. I am sure he can engrave what you want 

Edited by Spyder

Never Chase and Never Regret 

2 hours ago, Charliemouse said:

Had some Scottsdale silver arrive via @Silverlocks.  Mainly dragons...

20240320-163357-2024-03-2016-45-49(BR4S4)-Edit.thumb.png.a17c5cd2255fee3e8c18ec584021872b.png

At least we can say 'Here there be dragons.'

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

Just now, Xander said:

Received today, from @jackflash123 1oz Gold Britannia. Brilliant coin. Cheers.

IMG_7177[1].JPG

IMG_7179[1].JPG

So glad you are happy with your coin. And with spot now up to almost £1715 it was a very shrewd purchase indeed 👍

Mankind’s two greatest enemies are the state and central banks - Jeff Berwick

It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning - Henry Ford

The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why - Mark Twain

6 minutes ago, Xander said:

Received today, from @jackflash123 1oz Gold Britannia. Brilliant coin. Cheers.

IMG_7177[1].JPG

IMG_7179[1].JPG

1oz's are beautiful coins. Love the weight too

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

Just now, Gruff said:

1oz's are beautiful coins. Love the weight too

Agreed. Didn't want to sell my only 1oz Brit but needed to liquidate some cash. Hate swapping real money for paper fiat money, it's counter intuitive really.

Mankind’s two greatest enemies are the state and central banks - Jeff Berwick

It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning - Henry Ford

The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why - Mark Twain

8 minutes ago, Charliemouse said:

2022 Samoa "Sea Dragon" 1oz Silver

image.thumb.png.777af41c83e962849660b43d3cef9b5f.png

Very, very nice! 

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

On 18/03/2024 at 01:31, Silverlocks said:

There's any number of incompetent white, male jobsworths in the work force.  You don't need diversity to explain that.

-

Edited by HonestMoneyGoldSilver
This isn't a picture of a coin

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

19 minutes ago, arphethean said:

My first maundy penny. 

20240321_071609.thumb.jpg.86a6fdc3fec27349b97cb268c2d12f2a.jpg

Gosh they are small

20240321_071710.thumb.jpg.0c837aff002e4f194c62b8aca9040d86.jpg

For scale next to a crown, a full 60x the size! 

🤔😮nice one … have you got the rest of the set🤔

38 minutes ago, arphethean said:

Just the penny. It's the start of a type set collection

😮good luck! Trying to find others with such great toning may be difficult 🤔😁

1 hour ago, Britannia47 said:

Oh really? ……🙂

IMG_0552.jpeg

Nice, but I don’t see them fitting in with his coin for a set🤔😮😁

14 minutes ago, JamesH said:

Few more quarter sovs in the tin. Received 2009, 10, 13, memorial and a pair of 2012’s today 👍🏼

IMG_0231.jpeg

IMG_0232.jpeg

Nice! Is that your bug out tin for an SHTF scenario? 

1 hour ago, Britannia47 said:

Oh really? ……🙂

IMG_0552.jpeg

The shillings, Florins, half crowns and crowns from that era are some of the best coin designs in the world imo and I don’t have a single one.

I was looking up graded Victorian MS coins on eBay a few days ago and a Victorian shilling sold for funny money think it was a 38 or a 39 can’t remember but was a beautiful piece.

Had to search for it here it is what a beauty…

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/166524349164?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=XCGCvO6FSKS&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=yvjAM_HqRB-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Edited by Sovhead
Typo