• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

55 minutes ago, Petra said:

Thanks to @Thomast for the latest small arrival 🤔😮

IMG_0525.jpeg

IMG_0524.jpeg

Quarter?

Progress is a myth. Democracy is a sham. Dumbing down is real.
Throw your mobile 'phone in the bin, it will free you!
Turn your TV off, cancel your licence.
USE CASH WHEREVER POSSIBLE.

14 hours ago, Kitalon said:

Today I received... my first 1oz coin.

2023 King Charles III Coronation (reverse frosted) 1oz proof £100

2023KCIIICoronation1ozReverseFrosted.thumb.png.30ceaa5e3335a834468c3aa545b262d5.png

I thought that you were targeting the regular proof version the last time I read your thread. I guess it’s about what version you can source at the time?

Having said that, when it comes to coins I say one thing and sometimes end up doing the opposite. It’s easy to change my mind when I give it more thought.

A magnificent coin to start your 1oz collection. Well done with your decision.

Own it and Love it.

(With thanks to 9x883 for the suggestion)

22 minutes ago, GoodAsGold said:

I thought that you were targeting the regular proof version the last time I read your thread. I guess it’s about what version you can source at the time?

Yes. You're right, I was actually looking for the 1oz regular proof and then these guys here turned my head by posting about the 'reverse frosted proof edition'. Then I had a big dilemma about which one to go for, I still prefer the legend on the coin in original proof , but the main thing I disliked about that coin was how the central garter and shield didn't stand out very well (which was fixed by the reverse proof - it looks incredible and the words in the garter stand out really well. "Honi soit qui mal y pense" Wow, a coin with a moral message. On the reverse proof I disliked the shiny proof Charlie at first but it has since grown on me. In the end it just came to fate, destiny, accident or sheer luck take your pick and I ended up with the rarer variant with 210 minted instead of 500. So I'm counting that as a win, and I'm more than happy with the coin I have. :)

Edited by Kitalon

21 minutes ago, Artictim said:

‘Scarce’ 1871 Sydney Mint WW Incused Sov. Photo up to my usual old phone standard - ie c**p, but pleased to receive this one back. Thanks to @Spyder and my appreciation goes to @GoldDiggerDave again for his fantastic grading services 

IMG_7716.jpeg

What is it that makes this scarce? The incused WW or something else?

Just now, paulmerton said:

Nice! I had no idea 'scarce' could be in the millions. I suppose there are much less today though due to them being melted down for the wars.

Someone more expert than me may know, but that mintage figure includes the St George Reverse.