• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

NEW St. George and the Dragon coin with Garter inscription

Just now, Paul said:

its the wrong colour 

But the match it to the colour of your soul when you realise how much money you lost buying the £7k box!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

1 minute ago, Paul said:

Roll the clock forward 3 months - where do we think we will be set for price will be for a PF70 2oz gold ? 🙄😕

£20,000 hmmm 🤔

3 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Who's gonna flinch on the silvers?   Once the 2oz gold start smashing 12-14k  the stampede for the silver  will start........ 

image.thumb.png.114b8333bff746c289ccaf514d241011.pngimage.thumb.png.a97052e04d6cf6656bd06203e1653019.png

Bull Run Moon GIF by ProBit Global

5 hours ago, Simmoleon said:

I mean, this one looks a bit more like a My Little Pony than a unicorn so I assumed somebody had hurt the original unicorn that appeared on all the shields 

IMG_4576.jpeg

With poor eyesight that looks like a forearm producing from the rear to hold the snake out of the jungle book or perhaps I double dosed my meds? 

17 minutes ago, Paul said:

Roll the clock forward 3 months - where do we think we will be set for a PF70 2oz gold ? 🙄😕

17 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Once the 2oz gold start smashing 12-14k  the stampede for the silver  will start........ 

What did the 2oz gold do for Una+Lion, 3-Graces, etc.?

3 minutes ago, Darr3nG said:

What did the 2oz gold do for Una+Lion, 3-Graces, etc.?

Una was trading out at double RRP in the first few weeks, then a few results via coincabinet spread out over a good few months £19,000 - £27,000 and UK peak price made £59,000 the last few 70s have made around $70,000USD with Heritage auctions.  The lack of gold Una's that have come to market that have kept the values so high 

https://auctions.thecoincabinet.com/lots?search=una+lion+gold&limit=36&lots_range=past

3graces gold peaked out fast to £41,00 at highest, folk thinking it would stay pace with the Una & lion past release, it has settled now around £10,000-£12,000ish i would say seen at couple listed at £15,000-£20,000 for months & months now and not sell 

https://auctions.thecoincabinet.com/lots?page=2&search=three+graces+gold&limit=36&lots_range=past

I’m going against the grain here. I really like the 2ozs and 5oz I got, and going to get them graded for ME. 
Considering the shockingly bad design of the New Pete’s Dragon and Una(Man) bar, the classic GE design and rim inscription is lovely. 

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

18 hours ago, NumismaticNI said:

Probably not a bad idea, would cover the bills. Does anyone own a 10oz silver of any of the GE coins. Would be nice to see one other than the RM images

As soon as I receive mine I will post up some images 

They finally sold out the 20z at the mint aftera week. I would more incline to compare this George and Dragon with the other homage to circulated coins such as the Gothic Crown than the The Graces or Una & Lion medallions.

In general numismatic the original George III crown has history and integrity as a currency not to be replaced by a contemporary commemorative piece that is a copy. Just like the Gothic Crown Vs the GE tribute piece.

2 hours ago, Taikonaut said:

They finally sold out the 20z at the mint aftera week. I would more incline to compare this George and Dragon with the other homage to circulated coins such as the Gothic Crown than the The Graces or Una & Lion medallions.

In general numismatic the original George III crown has history and integrity as a currency not to be replaced by a contemporary commemorative piece that is a copy. Just like the Gothic Crown Vs the GE tribute piece.

Surely the original Una and the lion was once a modern contemporary piece even though it wasn't a tribute. It was sold to special customers of the mint be it in silver or gold. The only difference is time, the una has had almost 200 years to get to where it is today along with the gothic crown or the three graces though other 2 coins not quite as long but still these also were sold nice, shiny and new like the modern GE series. Given time (more than our own life times) as we hand them down to future generations if we are serious collectors these will still appreciate in the long term, maybe not as much as a modern Una and the Lion already has. However to say these are copies would be wrong, I would say that EIC Una, Gothic and 3 Graces are copies. They are not produced by the national mint, they are not UK legal tender and instead licenced as alderney with effigies of the king or Queen that aren't featured on national currency, the series is probably more desirable than the alderney/EIC copies. So while these are reproductions, it has been well known for many modern reproductions to do just as well as the original counterpart like the Lamborghini Countach and it's modern reproduction which was released in relatively small numbers. It gives collectors who can't necessarily afford an original the chance to have that piece of history to pass on. Plus people wouldn't buy it if it were just a cheap copy that wouldn't be worth collecting knowing in the future it might grow in value, plus we continue to buy sovereigns year after year with the same design year after year yet I don't think many will care as long as we get the quality we want even though we know deep down only a few people might get a top grade 70 quality coin while the rest will have some sort of defect or milk spot. Not every gothic either has a Cameo on it yet people will pay good money regardless to have one. Yes the true collector would probably prefer an original piece if Numismatics than a modern piece but even as I said the original una, gothic, 3 graces and St george coins were nice, shiny modern stuff that we buy today. 

2 hours ago, Taikonaut said:

I see your point but I do  not agree that this release will follow the footsteps as the Gothic Crown because the design is far better but and a totally different coin it will not do as good as the Una and the three graces also times have changed and there is a slow down on purchasing these type of coins 

Edited by Steve66

I bought a selection as I really like the design. Like the larger silver versions as they show of the design really well.

Purchased a gold coin due to the different finish and lowish mintage.

If they do well price wise then great but not planning to sell so no drama's either way.

Buy what you like is always my motto. Won't be touching the new Tudor beasts as not a fan of the design

Ok this is my opinion on these GE coins, I’ve seen several posts people asking for the 2oz gold personally I think this is the winner long term could easily go over £20k and the silver 2oz again long term the prices will increase as they have sold out.

I am regretting not buying the 2oz gold now.