• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Official Coronation Coin Range Reveal

9 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Something seems off with the packaging and mintage.

The box and COA are of the regular 2oz silver proof.

However the COA does say 494 so there must be at least 500 of the silver reverse proofs; if not 1,000 as stated by others here (and the RM just reused the same packing and COAs).

(Images from an eBay listing).

IMG_4931.thumb.jpeg.100adb2e85faf52310f237d847404719.jpeg

IMG_4932.jpeg.cdcec05ac3884b026b0cadf628966410.jpeg

IMO - and this is just my opinion - I think both the regular proofs and reverse proof are part of that same 1000 mintage.  The RM considers them all proof.  It seems like the RM reserved part of the mintage for GovMint and made them reverse proofs.  If that’s the case, then we don’t really know how many of the regular proofs and reverse proofs were struck.

Yes, this is really crazy…..and a mystery.

3 hours ago, JeffM said:

IMO - and this is just my opinion - I think both the regular proofs and reverse proof are part of that same 1000 mintage.  The RM considers them all proof.  It seems like the RM reserved part of the mintage for GovMint and made them reverse proofs.  If that’s the case, then we don’t really know how many of the regular proofs and reverse proofs were struck.

Yes, this is really crazy…..and a mystery.

I believe you are absolutely correct.

It’s really strange why the RM did this though, because so far they have always marketed and sold the reverse proofs distinctly from the regular proofs. This is a first. 

4 hours ago, westminstrel said:

Something seems off with the packaging and mintage.

The box and COA are of the regular 2oz silver proof.

However the COA does say 494 so there must be at least 500 of the silver reverse proofs; if not 1,000 as stated by others here (and the RM just reused the same packing and COAs).

(Images from an eBay listing).

IMG_4931.thumb.jpeg.100adb2e85faf52310f237d847404719.jpeg

IMG_4932.jpeg.cdcec05ac3884b026b0cadf628966410.jpeg

£700 squid for 2oz of shiny. The world's gone mad. Worth less than £40 at melt 

1 hour ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

I do have one of each reverse gold 1oz coming 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗 tried to get more the the prices have bumped and can't get hands on any more. I'll stick some pics up once they arrive.   I'm more interested to see the mintages on the COA.  

Did you manage to source it from Sovereign Rarities at £3250 i found?  or did you buy from USA /GovMint at $6,XXX

14 hours ago, Thelonerangershorse said:

On the subject of the 1/4oz cipher only being availiable from BBP, does anyone know why neither Chards nor Atkinsons have the 1/4oz Clarence Bull?

We don't know. Best guess is similar to the 1/4oz Cypher - that Royal Mint offered it, but they felt that the premium was too high for them to sell as they try to stick to cheapest options. Just speculation though based on both being 1/4oz coins that they've passed on.

2 minutes ago, Chrisplym said:

A couple little bits of missing frosting but I am happy with the quality overall.

D97B9445-06A4-46BF-BDDB-8B4E93FF5E24.jpeg

I know I’m repeating myself but it is stunning. I had to wait for mine from chards for 2 mths but it was worth it. 

Aaaahhh😉

5 hours ago, Paul said:

£700 squid for 2oz of shiny. The world's gone mad. Worth less than £40 at melt 

You need to understand, however, that the slabbed coin comes in a wood case with the Royal Mint logo on top.  That alone makes it worth it!

2 minutes ago, JeffM said:

I would have sent mine in for grading, but I have to first visit my optometrist for stronger glasses so I can see it.

Yep. I saw some issues through the loupe but figured it would be pretty much a godsend to get a 68 or 69. It is what it is. I also sent in a 2014 1/40 and that also got a 69 so not a bad grading result. Given my other coins were all Victorian half sovereigns getting AU and low MS grades I can’t complain too much! 

Pretty remarkable that someone so small can be so perfect really!! 

On 22/07/2023 at 23:29, AndrewSL76 said:

Yep. I saw some issues through the loupe but figured it would be pretty much a godsend to get a 68 or 69. It is what it is. I also sent in a 2014 1/40 and that also got a 69 so not a bad grading result. Given my other coins were all Victorian half sovereigns getting AU and low MS grades I can’t complain too much! 

Pretty remarkable that someone so small can be so perfect really!! 

Out of interest what power loop do you use. 

Edited by Agaupl

Aaaahhh😉

2 hours ago, TheShinyStuff said:

They'd likely stick it on the front of the slab...

And the sticky glue would be so strong that it would be next to impossible to get it off cleanly.  The QC team takes their work very seriously!