• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2023 Coronation King Charles III and Queen Camilla Gold Sovereign

Midasfrog

6 minutes ago, Upsidedown5318008 said:

I bet you'll still get nearly twice what you paid if you sold it, to send it back for a refund would be crazy

Even impaired/not perfect I would guesstimate £1200-£1300 and a perfect plastic coffined ms70 around £1500

7 minutes ago, Upsidedown5318008 said:

I bet you'll still get nearly twice what you paid if you sold it, to send it back for a refund would be crazy

Even with the edge imperfections?

I don’t need the money, and I love this special sovereign but I like the coins in perfect condition. RM quality control is letting us all down.

Just now, Goldfever20 said:

Even with the edge imperfections?

I don’t need the money, and I love this special sovereign but I like the coins in perfect condition. RM quality control is letting us all down.

In the future? I don't know

But right now there's a feeding frenzy on these coins

Ad lunam, ad opes ac felicitatem.

"Put the soup down. Today is a caviar day."    -James32

4 minutes ago, Paul said:

Even impaired/not perfect I would guesstimate £1200-£1300 and a perfect plastic coffined ms70 around £1500

That sounds about right, but a 70 might fetch more. I've seen ungraded go for that and a lot of coins seem to have issues from what I've seen

8 minutes ago, Upsidedown5318008 said:

That sounds about right, but a 70 might fetch more. I've seen ungraded go for that and a lot of coins seem to have issues from what I've seen

Got to assume a bit of FOMO plus some Coronation worldwide hype to aid these sales/prices thus far.  

I would expect things to calm now the event is over and folk are starting to take delivery.

Although they could go up given all the issues we've seen here in past 48 hours :(

ive got my popcorn will watch the market and enjoy the ride. I suggest most who've been lucky enough to get one to do the same 

Just now, Paul said:

Got to assume a bit of FOMO plus some Coronation worldwide hype to aid these sales/prices thus far.  

I would expect things to calm now the event is over and folk are starting to take delivery.

Although they could go up given all the issues we've seen here in past 48 hours :(

ive got my popcorn will watch the market and enjoy the ride. I suggest most who've been lucky enough to get one to do the same 

Imagine the prices if charles croaks it this year lol

5 minutes ago, Tipsmart said:

I've seen at least a dozen of these sell around the £1500 mark on ebay, sight unseen, over the last couple of weeks.

I wonder how those buyers will feel, if they recieve coins with similar imperfections? 

Like those who aren't flipping them :( although I got a 50%discount :)

8 minutes ago, Upsidedown5318008 said:

Imagine the prices if charles croaks it this year lol

Might be the new 1937 classic revisted, especially if Meghan and Harry are booking his private jet to the climate change conference at the arse end other side of the world 🌎🌍

2 hours ago, Tipsmart said:

I've seen at least a dozen of these sell around the £1500 mark on ebay, sight unseen, over the last couple of weeks.

I wonder how those buyers will feel, if they recieve coins with similar imperfections? 

I think if theres alot of them with imperfections, it might just be adcepted and not hurt the value to much.

1 hour ago, Alz111 said:

I was earlier speaking to my AM and she did say it’s very soon I think it might be in the next few weeks. 

I still haven't got my SOTD yet - I don't understand why though as others have received theirs. Waiting on my petition crown too! I'll add the proof 2023 sovereign to the list lol.

25 minutes ago, Kvasir said:

I still haven't got my SOTD yet - I don't understand why though as others have received theirs. Waiting on my petition crown too! I'll add the proof 2023 sovereign to the list lol.

Have you contacted royal mint ? 

I'm still waiting for many of the coins I ordered.  But, I get the majority of mine from dealers, so that will take a little longer.  Plus, I live across the pond, and packages take time to get to me.  I still order some coins from the RM - such as the Flying Scotsman and Britannia proof/reverse proof set - and I'm still waiting for those.  Guess I'm just destined to be a gentleman (?) in waiting!  😭

9 minutes ago, Cornishfarmer said:

The perfect examples are going of £1500/£1600.     What would the flawed ones go for?      I’m just fed up with the royal mint might just sell all my sotd’s and get bullion

I am in the same boat, I don’t understand how RM can send out all this garbage to us, not bother to check the product properly. I know that there are some lucky folks that always get a perfect coin, but RM killed the joy of collecting premium coins for me after the SOTD release.

A flawed one might go for anything between £1000-1200 I would say.

1 hour ago, Cornishfarmer said:

The perfect examples are going of £1500/£1600.     What would the flawed ones go for?      I’m just fed up with the royal mint might just sell all my sotd’s and get bullion

Agree on that I may sell my proof coins and get bullions! I am so disappointed since I got my SOTD. i like the coin itself I am just fed up with RM quality on proofs!

1 hour ago, Goldfever20 said:

I am in the same boat, I don’t understand how RM can send out all this garbage to us, not bother to check the product properly. I know that there are some lucky folks that always get a perfect coin, but RM killed the joy of collecting premium coins for me after the SOTD release.

I am having the same feelings currently!

3 hours ago, Goldfever20 said:

I bought an imperfect one on here the other day for £1,075 so definitely a little profit to be made as opposed returning to RM 👍🏼

1 hour ago, JamesH said:

I bought an imperfect one on here the other day for £1,075 so definitely a little profit to be made as opposed returning to RM 👍🏼

I sold an imperfect one on here the other day for £1,075 so very happy that I didn't return it to the RM ;)