• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Postal strike stopping you buying ?

pricha

53 minutes ago, pricha said:

It's a problem with an ageing workforce that are mainly institutionalised. Change is never easy to a point. But

For instance.  If all of a sudden after 30 years a company told you you'd have to work 9am till 9pm on a Sunday , which would produce larger profits for the company without any reward in pay for the change I'm sure everyone would happily accept that 😂 

Unfortunately it's never as easy as wanting more pay full stop. 

After all, the changes won't always improve customer service,  then they'll be the first to moan. Reduced deliveries  during the week and the closing of all enquire offices also the outsourcing of mail to car owners who'd be self employed.  I personally wouldn't want a package of gold coins trusted to some bloke who's got a car and was dragged off the street last week because they were short staffed.  

We saw during the pandemic the less than useless agency workers who came into to supplement the stricken workforce. Even today, at work, never a day goes by when I (and a thousand others) don't get a call from a customer stating that they haven't received anything from this company in ages. The reason? An item has been returned as undeliverable and so has been marked as "move away" so no more mails is sent to that address.

5 minutes ago, pricha said:

We use electric vans now. They are great but the range in winter not so good 😂  Just received 2 coins waited 3 weeks for. I'm not sure they were posted that long ago but thankfully they have arrived. 

Fit longer cables🤔😮🫢

9 hours ago, Midasfrog said:

They are out for delivery 👍 does paper burn nothing can go wrong 😂

CILro-oWEAA6Y9I.jpg

https://www.itv.com/news/meridian/update/2015-06-24/royal-mail-delivery-van-is-destroyed-by-fire/

"Fortunately, the driver was not hurt, and no mail inside the van was damaged.

"The mail was recovered from the van and returned to our office for processing as usual."

27 minutes ago, Mrpound said:

I’ve think I’ve got a few on that bloody table! 🤣

How does that work?  Is it a fixed price per package?  How are these people not already serving at His Majesty's pleasure for such blatant mail theft?

Just now, PhilOdgny said:

How does that work?  Is it a fixed price per package?  How are these people not already serving at His Majesty's pleasure for such blatant mail theft?

Doubt if it has actually happened … if you had them, you’d just open em in your garage and pocket the stuff🤔

22 minutes ago, PhilOdgny said:

Say it’s a real photo: On the van it says £2 lucky dip, could be a set up were you wrap up fake parcels with 50p c**p in there and sell £2 each. Greedy scumbags would buy loads hoping they hit the jackpot 🤣

6 minutes ago, Mrpound said:

Say it’s a real photo: On the van it says £2 lucky dip, could be a set up were you wrap up fake parcels with 50p c**p in there and sell £2 each. Greedy scumbags would buy loads hoping they hit the jackpot 🤣

Tbh that sounds like a good deal lol.  Can you think of a way to skew the results based upon them accidentally having a large proportion of gold shipments?  or would that be illegal?

Just now, StackemHigh said:

I haven't had any mail for over 3 weeks now. not even a flyer from the local takeaway!

I bet your starving! 🤣 all joking aside I’ve had one lot of post which contained a few bits I’ve bought from here last week and eBay but still not the parcel I’ve been expecting since 29th Nov 😢 from a seller on here he’s has kindly refunded me though without me requesting 👍 obviously if it ever arrives I’ll send the money back again 🤣

2 hours ago, Mrpound said:

I bet your starving! 🤣 all joking aside I’ve had one lot of post which contained a few bits I’ve bought from here last week and eBay but still not the parcel I’ve been expecting since 29th Nov 😢 from a seller on here he’s has kindly refunded me though without me requesting 👍 obviously if it ever arrives I’ll send the money back again 🤣

Very honest of you. I've sent a coin on eBay on the 5th December and I checked the tracking again today and am still getting "an update will only be provided when we attempt to deliver".

I'll refund him before the buyer protection runs out if it doesn't arrive, but if it turns up in a month I'm not expecting him to reach out and pay 😅 but I'm just cynical.

4 minutes ago, Solachesis said:

Very honest of you. I've sent a coin on eBay on the 5th December and I checked the tracking again today and am still getting "an update will only be provided when we attempt to deliver".

I'll refund him before the buyer protection runs out if it doesn't arrive, but if it turns up in a month I'm not expecting him to reach out and pay 😅 but I'm just cynical.

Even though I use eBay I wouldn’t expect them to do that either but me personally I would 😂 I would feel too guilty and the coins in question would scream at me every time I seen them……… THIEF THIEF! 😱