• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Postal strike stopping you buying ?

pricha

38 minutes ago, Anteater said:

I can really imagine that taking off and growing over time once it gets past a critical mass. Of course at some point we'd be noticed and all simultaneously arrested by armed police thinking we were organised criminals moving drugs.

I can tell you of a police investigation that cost 1/2 million quid, full on surveillance top level police involved into them getting a tip off about a smuggling ring.  There was a guy who regally drove down the M6 to hand off parcels to another car, this went on for a while.. The police busted them one run and guess what they got for their 1/2 million quid surveillance?..........Fishing bate 🤣🤣🤣.....It turns out these guys were keen anglers and the guy down south sore by the bate his mate got from up north..........I know the news reporter who first reported the story.  

3 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

I can tell you of a police investigation that cost 1/2 million quid, full on surveillance top level police involved into them getting a tip off about a smuggling ring.  There was a guy who regally drove down the M6 to hand off parcels to another car, this went on for a while.. The police busted them one run and guess what they got for their 1/2 million quid surveillance?..........Fishing bate 🤣🤣🤣.....It turns out these guys were keen anglers and the guy down south sore by the bate his mate got from up north..........I know the news reporter who first reported the story.  

So we should hide our metal inside fish?

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 hour ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

We should have our own TSF postage.   I'm sure we live the full length of the country we could drive a few junctions up and had off at the next motorway service station like a big game of pass the parcel. 

Theres a section on a car forum i go on called movers and shakers. To move car parts and even cars around the country. It works well. Not an impossible thing to do. As long as the buyer and seller know the parts wont get there in a day or so.

14 minutes ago, HillWalkerDundee said:

Four out of five large parcels have been delivered so far (£93 in postage). Not one delivered on time and one still in the wilderness.

You surely don’t do free postage do you?🤔😁 They have only been prioritising special delivery 🤔😮🎄

16 minutes ago, Petra said:

You surely don’t do free postage do you?🤔😁 They have only been prioritising special delivery 🤔😮🎄

I have been praying for them to get lost in the post so I can claim postage and compensation. I once had a box of Christmas presents returned to me about six months after I sent them.

5 minutes ago, HillWalkerDundee said:

I have been praying for them to get lost in the post so I can claim postage and compensation. I once had a box of Christmas presents returned to me about six months after I sent them.

A fiend had a Christmas cake in a tin go down to the Falklands, back to Germany and then back to England as by the time he got it he had done the Falklands, gone back to Germany and got posted back to the UK. Yes the cake was edible!

3 minutes ago, Petra said:

A fiend had a Christmas cake in a tin go down to the Falklands, back to Germany and then back to England as by the time he got it he had done the Falklands, gone back to Germany and got posted back to the UK. Yes the cake was edible!

Doesn't seem that fiendish.

Now I’m slowly regretting placing several orders. Nothing has arrived and Royal Mint tracking states it should’ve arrived on the 12th. 😳

Royal Fail tracking states it’s on the way and their are severe delays...

Pointless strikes and pointless temporary traffic lights galore all over our cities and towns that only cause an inconvenience for the masses. With nothing ever resolved year on year. Any improvements?

Absolutely not just gets worse. 

2 hours ago, James32 said:

They shouldn't be making false promises ( and yes they are factually false)

Agreed.

I posted an ordinary letter on 7th, by 1st class signed for at my local post office, costing £2.35. The delivery aim was apparently the next working day according to the receipt they gave me.

Tracking shows it only as being received by my local post office.  Ithasgotten no further thant hat.

At least it was just paperwork and not PM's.  🙄

Not sure how long to wait before contacting royal mail about it.  I thought I would give them another couple of days so they have had 2 weeks.