• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold price predictions.

What do you guys think the gold price will be in the next couple of years. Will it break through the £2000 barrier soon?

I personally think it will be £2000 an ounce in the next 5 years with the way things our going and the more informed people are becoming regarding the shambles of a monetary system we have. 

As gold is pegged to the dollar I watch the dollar price. I am short term negative, and I see it down in the 1500-1600 region.

Long term it rises, simple. If you're buying to hold 10 years + then buy. Me, I'm waiting to catch a falling dagger to move a liquidated chunk of my pension in to.

And yes, the spelks from the fence are stuck in my bum!

32 minutes ago, Foster88 said:

We’ve all asked and thought about this before and it’s purely anyones guess.

My prediction is that it will either go up or go down but never stay the same.

Surly with the rate that fiat currency is being inflated it’s only going to be going up overall in the next couple of years.

6 minutes ago, MonkeysUncle said:

As gold is pegged to the dollar I watch the dollar price. I am short term negative, and I see it down in the 1500-1600 region.

Long term it rises, simple. If you're buying to hold 10 years + then buy. Me, I'm waiting to catch a falling dagger to move a liquidated chunk of my pension in to.

I agree long term and we have history to back us up. We also know people flood to gold in times of uncertainty. 

I’ve read a lot about both and done plenty of research. It is quite staggering when you compare the silver-gold ratio of today compared to years ago and how low silver seems to be. Especially with all the uses for silver in modern technology (especially EVs)

with that said I love gold! 

one saying from a YouTuber I once heard has always stayed with me.

“citizens settle debt with silver and countries settle debt with Gold.”

1 hour ago, Bullioninvester said:

What do you guys think the gold price will be in the next couple of years. Will it break through the £2000 barrier soon?

I personally think it will be £2000 an ounce in the next 5 years with the way things our going and the more informed people are becoming regarding the shambles of a monetary system we have. 

£2000 / oz in 5 years - Are you sure there will be a pound Sterling in 5 years?

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

3 hours ago, Bullioninvester said:

3 hours ago, Foster88 said:

We’ve all asked and thought about this before and it’s purely anyones guess.

My prediction is that it will either go up or go down but never stay the same.

3 hours ago, modofantasma said:

It will go up and down and sideways. I expect it would break £2000 one day. When? Not a clue. 

It might be more logical to ask how much the pound might come down and whether the value of a pound will get as low as 1/2000 of an ounce of gold.

The two responders above are both making valid points and opinions.

😎

Edited by LawrenceChard

Chards

1 hour ago, MonkeysUncle said:

Gold is not pegged to the dollar, and has not been since the Bretton Woods system fell apart, about 1965.

It is generally priced in US dollars, but fluctuates constantly.

😎

Chards

13 hours ago, Bullioninvester said:

I’ve read a lot about both and done plenty of research. It is quite staggering when you compare the silver-gold ratio of today compared to years ago and how low silver seems to be. Especially with all the uses for silver in modern technology (especially EVs)

with that said I love gold! 

one saying from a YouTuber I once heard has always stayed with me.

“citizens settle debt with silver and countries settle debt with Gold.”

The gold to silver ratio is meaningless when pm's are not used in circulating currency (imo).  I have no idea why silver stackers are so obsessed with it as an indicator silver is undervalued.  

3 hours ago, Orpster said:

The gold to silver ratio is meaningless when pm's are not used in circulating currency (imo).  I have no idea why silver stackers are so obsessed with it as an indicator silver is undervalued.  

I agree and also believe that short-medium term technical analysis is kind of a joke.  However manipulated metals may or may not be, there are far too many external factors at play to truly be able to predict price action... Unless of course you have a means of seeing into the future.

Edited by MetalMandible

17 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

Gold is not pegged to the dollar, and has not been since the Bretton Woods system fell apart, about 1965.

It is generally priced in US dollars, but fluctuates constantly.

😎

Tired and confused brain. I meant to type is priced in dollars.

Ta for correcting. If you can "un-tired" my brain for a small fee I have an angle grinder available to give you access...

12 minutes ago, MonkeysUncle said:

Tired and confused brain. I meant to type is priced in dollars.

Ta for correcting. If you can "un-tired" my brain for a small fee I have an angle grinder available to give you access...

You're welcome. I often worry I might cause offence!

One needs to be careful when using angle grinders:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/23020064.neighbour-hell-caused-gas-blast-killed-two-year-old-boy/

😎

Chards

6 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

You're welcome. I often worry I might cause offence!

One needs to be careful when using angle grinders:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/23020064.neighbour-hell-caused-gas-blast-killed-two-year-old-boy/

😎

angle grinders don't mind.  tough things those angle grinders.