• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 sovereigns seem to be harder to find in stock. I'm thinking about 1oz Brits. Good or bad idea?

CazLikesCoins

3 hours ago, MonkeysUncle said:

As has been said by many Chards have or shortly will have and I know BbP are expecting "a lot" possibly as early as next week.

I'm currently having one of my usual dithers. Which is buy 2022 as Last Lizzie, buy some older proper gold coloured ones or sit on cash waiting for gold to go down. 

If there were a Guinness world record for dithering then I would be in with a shout...

Or I could just get another gorgeous Perth Tiger. Or... 

Do you know what’ll happen if you sit on the fence for too long?

You’ll get splinters in your backside and still have no gold. 🤔

2 minutes ago, Foster88 said:

Maybe part time worker and part time TSF volunteer might be more appropriate. 😆

Lawrence of Chard was a man that worked hard..

With a loupe in one hand and the Sunday sport opened wide..

The man even inspected coins whilst honeymooning with his bride..

As old age set in and the ski's got retired...

Lawrence had no choice but to work less day's or he would've been fired...

Lawrence nearly panicked with all this free time on his hands...

He tried everything from reading to joining local bands...

Along came the silver forum and made Lawrence whole...

He's finally found home and peace in his soul..

The end.

🤗

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

7 minutes ago, James32 said:

The end.

🤗

How long did it take you to come up with that? 😂

“As old age set in and the ski’s got retired……”

Uh, ohhhh…. Somebody’s in trouble tomorrow.

4 hours ago, CazLikesCoins said:

It's a bit of a trip to Blackpool though, price of petrol these days I can open up my own gold mine.

Why would you need to go to Blackpool? Why couldn't you put an order in online?

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

5 hours ago, CazLikesCoins said:

My usual stockist is out of sovs due to demand so I'm thinking about buying their 1oz Brits instead. My questions are -  will Brits be harder to move on in years to come, and, should I wait and buy the 2023 sovs when they come out next year? I'm not interested in older sovs btw, just 2022 onwards.

Do you not like having a variety of sovereigns ?

Do you not find modern sovereigns (post 2000) looks like copper pennies ?

...and why stick with a stockist when there are plenty of established, reputable dealers around the UK.

9 hours ago, CazLikesCoins said:

Then again the 2022 Brit will likely be the last QE2 ever minted. Choices choices. 

As an alternative you might consider this : https://atkinsonsbullion.com/gold/gold-coins/1-4oz-gold-coins/2022-uk-tudor-beasts-the-lion-of-england-1-4oz-gol

First of the Tudor Beast series, and if the series does perform anything like the Queens Beast series likely to command a premium in the future and if not is about the same price as Brits.  I am buying a couple just because in this series we will see two monarchs on the obverse with the late queen on this and the Yale and Charlie on the rest, and it is possible these will get missed by a lot of stackers in their rush to stock up on 2022 sovereign issues

If you are stuck on the idea of 2022 sovereigns 4 for £1500 should be easy to achieve, I would happily sell 4 of mine for that but there are multiple dealers that are cheaper :), if you invest in a silver membership you get access to the compare page to see who are the cheapest dealers holding stock

Edited by Orpster

@CazLikesCoins  I like the 2022 sovs meself although I understand that a lot of others don't because of the copper content...but I like other years too, especially all the one-off design years, and it's nice to have some diversification for those days when you decide to have a look at your stack and have a bit of a drool over all those lovely coins...

Might I suggest investing in a silver membership for the forum...?     It'll pay for itself in a short time as soon as you making purchases on here..

Edited by flyingveepixie

11 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

I didn't write it!

😎

Yes but you are on Page 3 I believe. I can't remember tbh I don't have the book to hand atm. Those pretty ads at the beginning of the book are so enticing. They make me want to buy gold even before I get into reading the book lol

Thanks to one and all for the replies. I won't reply to most of them as I'm trying to detox from the internet. Been there done that. 12 o'clock at night, work the next morning and staying up on forums. So addictive. I'm better now. lol

Edited by CazLikesCoins

1 hour ago, CazLikesCoins said:

Yes but you are on Page 3 I believe. I can't remember tbh I don't have the book to hand atm. Those pretty ads at the beginning of the book are so enticing. They make me want to buy gold even before I get into reading the book lol

One of my favourite pages!

😎

Chards

50 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

😎

9 hours ago, James32 said:

The end.

🤗

Knew it!

1 hour ago, LawrenceChard said:

😎

Ah a fellow orthonologist and art lover. A man of the same heart! Mr @Gruff can provide you help there.....

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

1 minute ago, westminstrel said:

They’re available at the Royal Mint. What am I missing here?

The higher premium i guess and the possible 3 month delivery time ( I doubt it will take that long as other orders on different items are getting out within a week) but its off putting. 

23 minutes ago, James32 said:

The higher premium i guess and the possible 3 month delivery time ( I doubt it will take that long as other orders on different items are getting out within a week) but its off putting. 

I ordered some sovereigns in blister packs from RM yesterday, they have already been despatched 

Just now, Orpster said:

I ordered some sovereigns in blister packs from RM yesterday, they have already been despatched 

I'm hearing that filter through now,so was likely just a protective statement, changing to 3 months. 

3 minutes ago, James32 said:

I'm hearing that filter through now,so was likely just a protective statement, changing to 3 months. 

Flip side, I am waiting on double sovereigns in blisters that I ordered last week, seems totally flipping random to me

Edited by Orpster

18 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Back the truck up on these!! 

1E5F67B6-15B6-4379-9790-E5888B26AE66.jpeg

7FE6A43C-F160-4D1E-995A-3B95582E3573.jpeg

872C3FB7-F014-4AB9-96FF-EBF3F60DDF2E.jpeg

3F3820A7-EC99-4C33-9850-EC0A76B74386.jpeg

Where you buying the tale from Dave?, I have been waiting for anyone other than RM to get them in stock and only place I found them was Bullion House who I have never dealt with and did not like the look of

Just now, Orpster said:

Where you buying the tale from Dave?, I have been waiting for anyone other than RM to get them in stock and only place I found them was Bullion House who I have never dealt with and did not like the look of

Direct from the mint, not seen anyone else selling these yet. Not going to be many 2023 QEII coins for sale