• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 sovereigns seem to be harder to find in stock. I'm thinking about 1oz Brits. Good or bad idea?

CazLikesCoins

17 minutes ago, CazLikesCoins said:

My usual stockist is out of sovs due to demand so I'm thinking about buying their 1oz Brits instead. My questions are -  will Brits be harder to move on in years to come, and, should I wait and buy the 2023 sovs when they come out next year? I'm not interested in older sovs btw, just 2022 onwards.

1oz Britannias will never be hard to shift if priced right tbh. Yes sovereigns will sell quickest due to having a bigger buyers pool ( affordability) but 1oz gold coins within say 2% premium will still sell relatively quickly. 

In saying all of the above, I certainly wouldn't go out and solely stack 1oz coins, but a mixture of both won't harm you. Yes you could wait on the 2023 sovereigns ( likely a delay on them now) but what will the price of gold be at then? Could be lower or substantially higher. 

My advice, would be to grab a 1oz coin now and leave it a week to see if anyone gets stock in of sovereigns. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

you will be able to shift both IMHO. Theres always a demand for both, why not just go for 1/4 oz brits which arent too far off the sovs price and more gold...

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

26 minutes ago, CazLikesCoins said:

My usual stockist is out of sovs due to demand so I'm thinking about buying their 1oz Brits instead. My questions are -  will Brits be harder to move on in years to come, and, should I wait and buy the 2023 sovs when they come out next year? I'm not interested in older sovs btw, just 2022 onwards.

Not sure who your usual stockist is, but they are available at chards for £367 each. I and most of the forum will vouch for them, infact one of the senior members of STAFF are a member on here.. @LawrenceChard

https://www.chards.co.uk/2022-gold-sovereign-uncirculated-coin/15066

Yes agreed @LawrenceChard is a top bloke!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

A member put up 4 x 2022 BU sovereigns this afternoon - they have sold now. As a non-premium member you would have missed these.
i agree put up a WANTED advert on the selling section of the forum. Members can then contact you on that thread or in a private message. 

Why do you want 2022?
Gold is gold - unless you are collecting specific years - say what i presume will be the last year of the QEII sovereigns then go for value - don't get hung up on specific years.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Thanks for the replies. My plan to carry on buying 2022 sovs for the rest of the year got squashed due to recent events and my £1500 cash pot for 4 sovs needs a home, hence the 1oz Brit I'm thinking of. Quarter Brits not available at my stockist. Just thinking about buying what's available from a trusted source. No point paying for a secure deposit box if it's not going to keep seeing a bit of action lol. Bit worried about the value of a 1oz Brit though, more comfortable with sovs when it comes to selling. 

ps: all messages read although I won't 'like' any of them in case I run out of 'like' awards and I have to leave someone out. :D 

Edited by CazLikesCoins

10 minutes ago, James32 said:

Not sure who your usual stockist is, but they are available at chards for £367 each. I and most of the forum will vouch for them, infact one of the senior members of STAFF are a member on here.. @LawrenceChard

I've seen Mr L Chard in my Sovereign Series book. I always thought if I visited his shop I'd get my book autographed haha.

4 minutes ago, CazLikesCoins said:

Thanks for the replies. My plan to carry on buying 2022 sovs for the rest of the year got squashed due to recent events and my £1500 cash pot for 4 sovs needs a home, hence the 1oz Brit I'm thinking of. Quarter Brits not available at my stockist. Just thinking about buying what's available from a trusted source. No point paying for a secure deposit box if it's not going to keep seeing a bit of action lol. Bit worried about the value of a 1oz Brit though, more comfortable with sovs when it comes to selling. 

ps: all messages read although I won't 'like' any of them in case I run out of 'like' awards and I have to leave someone out. :D 

You will definitely get 4 from chards or the forum for £1500

Just now, CazLikesCoins said:

I've seen Mr L Chard in my Sovereign Series book. I always thought if I visited his shop I'd get my book autographed haha.

He loves a photo opportunity 😂

Just now, CazLikesCoins said:

im sure he would duly oblige!

9 minutes ago, sixgun said:

A member put up 4 x 2022 BU sovereigns this afternoon - they have sold now. As a non-premium member you would have missed these.
i agree put up a WANTED advert on the selling section of the forum. Members can then contact you on that thread or in a private message. 

Why do you want 2022?
Gold is gold - unless you are collecting specific years - say what i presume will be the last year of the QEII sovereigns then go for value - don't get hung up on specific years.

I want 2022 because I'm not adept at spotting fake sovs basically. So I buy brand new from a reputable dealer, Royal Mint mainly, although their site looks like its been looted this week in terms of what's available coin wise. My other place I'm not naming in case someone lives nearby and goes and buys what they've got left gold wise :D 

1 minute ago, CazLikesCoins said:

I want 2022 because I'm not adept at spotting fake sovs basically. So I buy brand new from a reputable dealer, Royal Mint mainly, although their site looks like its been looted this week in terms of what's available coin wise. My other place I'm not naming in case someone lives nearby and goes and buys what they've got left gold wise :D 

Lawrence will see you right for certain - you cannot go wrong!

4 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

im sure he would duly oblige!

I do like an autograph. I got a magazine signed last week by a quite famous musician who happened to be in the same train station shop as me, and happened to be on the cover of a mag on the shelves. But that's another story. An L Chard autograph in my Sov book is definitely a go'er haha.

1 minute ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Lawrence will see you right for certain - you cannot go wrong!

It's a bit of a trip to Blackpool though, price of petrol these days I can open up my own gold mine.

2 minutes ago, CazLikesCoins said:

I do like an autograph. I got a magazine signed last week by a quite famous musician who happened to be in the same train station shop as me, and happened to be on the cover of a mag on the shelves. But that's another story. An L Chard autograph in my Sov book is definitely a go'er haha.

It's a bit of a trip to Blackpool though, price of petrol these days I can open up my own gold mine.

£1500 might get you 4 on the forum including fully insured special delivery. I only say might because a lot of people are likely stock piling the 2022s like yourself, I'd just jump on the Internet and order from chards tonight before they sell out too.

Just now, James32 said:

£1500 might get you 4 on the forum including fully insured special delivery. I only say might because a lot of people are likely stock piling the 2022s like yourself, I'd just jump on the Internet and order from chards tonight before they sell out too.

Then again the 2022 Brit will likely be the last QE2 ever minted. Choices choices. 

2 minutes ago, CazLikesCoins said:

Then again the 2022 Brit will likely be the last QE2 ever minted. Choices choices. 

Yes but it's a brit with the same design as 2021 😃 the sovs have a special reverse. 

Brits will be available longer I'd imagine. 

10 minutes ago, CazLikesCoins said:

Awesome my mate @Gruff signs my magazines, hes a dealer, well packaged and really well looked after.......

Im well into art and photography 

1 minute ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Awesome my mate @Gruff signs my magazines, hes a dealer, well packaged and really well looked after.......

Im well into art and photography 

You're quite the ornithologist Bully ol' boy :D  

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

1 hour ago, CazLikesCoins said:

33 minutes ago, James32 said:

15 minutes ago, CazLikesCoins said:

There is nothing much between buying 2022 gold sovereigns, or 2022 gold Britannias.

Not much difference when it comes to selling them either. If selling privately, there will be some who can afford a sovereign, but not a one ounce coin, but then you need to consider postage, and the time and effort.

The date on the coins is not important generally, in fact you could be missing out by ignoring older coins, which have more upside potential than new ones, and are a nicer colour.

If you are buying from the RM, you are paying too much, and they won't do you any favours when they "buy-back", if at all.

Sure there is a risk of fakes if you buy from the wrong sources, including some I have heard described as "reputable dealers".

Coins from us are guaranteed genuine. I can;t speak for your other regular supplier.

There is or has been a slight hiatus at the RM, so some of their production and trade supply is delayed, and getting information out of them is like trying to crack the enigma code.

I am aware we are expecting a 2022 sovereign delivery next week.

Quarter ounce gold Britannias are usually more expensive than sovereigns, which are a near equivalent.

Have you read: https://www.chards.co.uk/blog/advice-guide-for-uk-bullion-investors/1041

@ChardsCoinandBullionDealer are paying 100% for either sovereign or gold Britannias, I think. We would be happy to buy say 1000 gold Britannias or 5000 sovereigns at any time. Immediate payment. So liquidity is no real problem.

No point waiting for 2023 coins to come out. There will be plenty of them eventually.

I hope some of this helps.

"one of the senior members of STAFF are a member on here.. @LawrenceChard"

Staff!?

😎

Chards

1 hour ago, CazLikesCoins said:

As has been said by many Chards have or shortly will have and I know BbP are expecting "a lot" possibly as early as next week.

I'm currently having one of my usual dithers. Which is buy 2022 as Last Lizzie, buy some older proper gold coloured ones or sit on cash waiting for gold to go down. 

If there were a Guinness world record for dithering then I would be in with a shout...

Or I could just get another gorgeous Perth Tiger. Or...