• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Why silver price is going down when we have such inflation?

1 hour ago, theman73 said:

I'm a normal man (1+1=2) if everything is going up with the inflation but some products not there must be a manipulation on the last.

Incorrect, it could also be simple market demand going down as, with the rise of inflation, people buy food instead of consumer items or precious good.

Just now, modofantasma said:
17 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

Silver is up by 5% since this thread started

Dave the whale out to manipulate the market 

Lol, silver has to gone up 5% that’s paid for the plastic capsule, it just needs to increase by 30% to cover the postage to you. 😂😂😂😂

9 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Always worth asking!

😎

I can send you a jar of it and the audio recording  as an NFT. Its my new business hobby maybe you could supply the silver jam jar lids ?

Then you can decide if more sulphur is required I always grade my flatuence as PF70, unless I follow through! 

I used to have a sticker on the back of my car saying I'm speeding because I'm touching cloth!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

1 minute ago, ArgentSmith said:

Buy low sell high isn't it, or am I missing something?

Not here.

People just want to see their money growing without moving a finger, I done yesterday more then 2000 miles to buy some silver, just looking at the screen waiting to get rich didn't work.

Regards

Constantin

More silver coins on my website

dancu.co.uk

5 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

I think OP was was referring to fact he bought low and its gone lower

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

8 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:
15 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

I think OP was was referring to fact he bought low and its gone lower

LMAO……just spat my coffee out laughing @HerefordBullyun mate you never fail to disappoint!!!! 

1 hour ago, sixgun said:

This is the Age of the Cult. We have the Cult of COVID, the Cult of Climate Change, the Cult of Gender, the Cult of Woke........... and of course the Cult of Silver. 

i must admit i watched my fair share of these silver to the Moon videos - silver will be $30 by the end of the year, it will be $50, it will be $200. We have all heard them. 
Is silver correctly priced? No it isn't. September silver goes into Comex Opex Expiration and rollover in 5 sessions and there is currently a 10c backwardation to spot. Futures do not sell for 10 cents less than spot when in 5 days they expire - the price of spot and futures should be almost equal. That tells you the 'market' is selling the living daylights out of SI futures. Has this got anything to do with the supply and demand for physical silver? No it hasn't. There has been over a 1000 tonnes offtake since SI fell below $19.75. JP Morgan traders may have been convicted but the games continue. They will continue until there isn't a 1000 tonnes of physical to take delivery on. When physical can no longer be begged, borrowed or stolen at whatever the prevailing paper price is, then silver goes to the Moon. At that point fiat will be blowing up. Until that happens keep stacking. Load up to the teeth and then grandma's dentures.

You know it, we all know it. The silver paper price and the silver physical price bear little relation to one another. I won't play their game.

I now refer to two prices:

1) Spot Price - the "official" fixed silver price - i.e. paper price. 

2) Specie Price - the price it actually costs to buy an ounce of metal in metal form only, no derivatives or paper.

The Spot Price might say £16.18 on the ticker at the head of the forum at this exact moment in time as I type - but what's the actual Specie Price? What will it cost me to walk into a shop or go online and purchase 1 oz of physical silver? I bet it's not £16.18

As to other posters' comments, yeah silver is rubbish for protecting against inflation, but it's generally better than saving up in fiat in a bank account with 0.03% interest or whatever they offer these days.

Gambling on the stock market or in crypto may make you more profits but that's just it, it is gambling - some you will win, some you will lose.

I'm happy to to preserve some of my wealth in silver.

Overall though gold is better.

Edited by SidS

3 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

LMAO……just spat my coffee out laughing @HerefordBullyun mate you never fail to disappoint!!!! 

giphy.gif 

17 minutes ago, theman73 said:

Not here.

People just want to see their money growing without moving a finger, I done yesterday more then 2000 miles to buy some silver, just looking at the screen waiting to get rich didn't work.

Regards

Constantin

My top tip is go and see dealer up north who does free postage save you burning all the expensive fuel @LawrenceChard should be able to give you a pointer or two! And if you do drive buy one of those stickers like I had on the back my car!

Edited by HerefordBullyun

3 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

So is there an answer and solution  to this question from the OP?    I have watched loads of silver videos on YT over the last few days it's becoming to look more like a cult everyone looks like they are  loaded to the teeth with silver and wishing and hoping it will go to the moon or at least get to the point where they can bail without too much losses.  

Please don't make me the bad man here, I would love silver to track with inflation, I would love if it was hedge against inflation I'd love it even more if it was a good store of wealth I genuinely would, it's not, or not what I can see using my own eyes a calculator and looking at historic prices, inflation and interest rates from the bank over the last 50 years.  

If someone can show me silver not only keeps up with inflation but it will protect me against inflation and it's a great store of wealth please can you show me the data, I can't see this so just blame my stupidity I'm sure this is one of those things only smart people can see.

Can some one help me with this or at least explain why silver is s very good investment like it's been over the last 10 years you all must have made a fortune.

I can not stress I'm not the bad man, I just can't stomach the terabytes of bad finical advice out there.  

Did you read:

£0.07 was cheap!

Like any investment, timing is an important factor.

Chards

2 hours ago, theman73 said:

So, what did they say (in a 10 second résumé), to save us having to read them both?

😎

Chards

11 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Like my bad comedy perse!

giphy.gif 

15 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Did you read:

£0.07 was cheap!

If silver did go to $0.29 oz it’s worth buying and using  1kg  bar as door stop, it would be cheaper than buying a cast iron one. 

Would there still be a 20% dealer premium on such low prices? There is still real world transport, storage and handling.  what I’m getting at that low price would it cost more to handle store per oz than the actual value per oz. 

4 minutes ago, theman73 said:

Silver market is manipulated by rich guys.

One day it wont be, the fly wheel will come off, and hard really hard!

5 minutes ago, HelpingHands said:

It's like playing in a rigged poker game against people who have marked the cards.,,,

,, But then to keep playing because sooner or later the marks might rub off or something.. 

Agreed come the day when those on the CRIMEX come to cash thier poker chips in for physical then its going to hurt those bad real bad, and the first to suffer will be the retail investors!

Edited by HerefordBullyun

3 minutes ago, HelpingHands said:

It's like playing in a rigged poker game against people who have marked the cards.,,,

,, But then to keep playing because sooner or later the marks might rub off or something.. 

At least we need to say it every day, maybe people we do more then drinking tea.

Regards

More silver coins on my website

dancu.co.uk

1 hour ago, HerefordBullyun said:

I can send you a jar of it and the audio recording  as an NFT. Its my new business hobby maybe you could supply the silver jam jar lids ?

Then you can decide if more sulphur is required I always grade my flatuence as PF70, unless I follow through! 

I used to have a sticker on the back of my car saying I'm speeding because I'm touching cloth!

NFT?

😎

Chards